This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmmm, butterscotch cookies.

That reminds me - I still get a craving for the black forest cake Cadbury bars you have in NZ, Kiwi. One of these days we should definitely do a food exchange. It was peanut butter M&Ms you were looking for, right?
    sigpic
    Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Black forest cake Cadbury bars?! I'll start stocking up on butterscotch morsels to trade.
      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
        Freakin' saved
        sigpic
        Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
        "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
          Black forest cake Cadbury bars?! I'll start stocking up on butterscotch morsels to trade.
          Hey hats...have the books arrived yet?
          sigpic
          Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
          "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Yup!
            sigpic

Comment

That reminds me - I still get a craving for the black forest cake Cadbury bars you have in NZ, Kiwi. One of these days we should definitely do a food exchange. It was peanut butter M&Ms you were looking for, right?
              LOL! Sure, am happy to do so. PM me any time and we can talk

er, on the PB M&M's front, last time I was in the US (in April) I bought a Sam's size box of them and they're hiding out in my pantry (I think it was a box of 24 of the small bags??). Just knowing they're there is enough, I only rarely have any.
              I love bringing back Sam's sized stuff - once I had the two x 500 pill bottles of ibuprofen - that stuff is EXPENSIVE here, $10 for a box of 10 - 20 or so, rip off!
              I usually stock up on clothes too - we just don't have nearly so much available in the "plus" size range, especially of decent style and quality

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut View Post
                Hey hats...have the books arrived yet?
                No, I haven't ordered them yet.

Comment

GWs 10th anniversary is coming up next month. We should do something. I think I'll put up decorations.
                  My first memory of GW is when they posted such news what will happen in SG-1's season 5 and I was only 20-21 years old. Hehe. I wasn't very good at English and I could be online in the library of the university, so I wasn't brave enough to post on the forum, but I registered later. But 7-8 years passed, so the computer technology and my life has changed. One of the best experience of my twenties will always be Gateworld.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

That was nice.

My first memory of GW was when I found it while searching for information about Michael Shanks leaving the show. Remember the old forum where Darren and David would start discussion threads? A friend alerted me to it when she noticed they were talking about me. Believe it or not, I was going to register under the names Ma'at or Seshat, but I was beaten to it, so I used the silly name of Luckylass until the new forum was created.

I think I'll start a thread on this theme. :-)

Comment

That was nice.

My first memory of GW was when I found it while searching for information about Michael Shanks leaving the show. Remember the old forum where Darren and David would start discussion threads? A friend alerted me to it when she noticed they were talking about me. Believe it or not, I was going to register under the names Ma'at or Seshat, but I was beaten to it, so I used the silly name of Luckylass until the new forum was created.

I think I'll start a thread on this theme. :-)
                      I can remember of the first spoilers of "Tomb", "Wormhole X-treme" and "Summit". I am a mythology fan so I was so exited when I could hear they planed to introduce so many new Goa'uld. I was always loyal to them, because I was the only one in the Hungarian fandom, who cheered for them. I knew they were evil and the writers will kill them all in different ways, so I wanted to "guard" them.

I haven't got net at that time, so I could watch stargate only on RTL II in German. If I remember correctly there were a half or a complete year of delay in syndication next to the American premier, so we could see only the end of season 3, while I could read about the first news of season 5.

Sorry, I can't remember to the forum, but I still remember how blue was the front page of the old GW. Maybe I can find a stored picture with Google. Our Hungarian site has changed style at 3-4 times in the last 10 years too.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by platschu View Post
                        sorry, i can't remember to the forum, but i still remember how blue was the front page of the old gw. Maybe i can find a stored picture with google. Our hungarian site has changed style at 3-4 times in the last 10 years too.
                        Win!
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          I can remember of the first spoilers of "Tomb", "Wormhole X-treme" and "Summit". I am a mythology fan so I was so exited when I could hear they planed to introduce so many new Goa'uld. I was always loyal to them, because I was the only one in the Hungarian fandom, who cheered for them. I knew they were evil and the writers will kill them all in different ways, so I wanted to "guard" them.

I haven't got net at that time, so I could watch stargate only on RTL II in German. If I remember correctly there were a half or a complete year of delay in syndication next to the American premier, so we could see only the end of season 3, while I could read about the first news of season 5.

Sorry, I can't remember to the forum, but I still remember how blue was the front page of the old GW. Maybe I can find a stored picture with Google. Our Hungarian site has changed style at 3-4 times in the last 10 years too.
                          Hi Platschu,
                          I started the thread, so it would be great if you would re-post this there: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69011

Hats

Comment

GWs 10th anniversary is coming up next month. We should do something. I think I'll put up decorations.
                            Oh goody!

Cool. I can bring cake.

Also, bring the food this Thursday and let's have party.

Spoiler:
                            It's someone's birthday, if I remember right.

I'll bring the refillable cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
                              LOL! Sure, am happy to do so. PM me any time and we can talk

er, on the PB M&M's front, last time I was in the US (in April) I bought a Sam's size box of them and they're hiding out in my pantry (I think it was a box of 24 of the small bags??). Just knowing they're there is enough, I only rarely have any.
                              I love bringing back Sam's sized stuff - once I had the two x 500 pill bottles of ibuprofen - that stuff is EXPENSIVE here, $10 for a box of 10 - 20 or so, rip off!
                              I usually stock up on clothes too - we just don't have nearly so much available in the "plus" size range, especially of decent style and quality
                              The US is also fabulous for petite clothes for those of us that are short. We did a cross-border shopping spree last year which was a lot of fun.

Mmmmm, ibuprofen - that stuff is the best. I'd ship you some of that stuff in exchange for chocolate, but knowing my luck I'd get busted for some kind of international drug crime.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              My first memory of GW is when they posted such news what will happen in SG-1's season 5 and I was only 20-21 years old. Hehe. I wasn't very good at English and I could be online in the library of the university, so I wasn't brave enough to post on the forum, but I registered later. But 7-8 years passed, so the computer technology and my life has changed. One of the best experience of my twenties will always be Gateworld.
                              Very cool! I stumbled across GW fairly late since I didn't start watching the show until it was in it's 6th season. How I had missed it up to then, I'll never know.

Originally posted by greytop View Post
                              Oh goody!

Also, bring the food this Thursday and let's have party.

Spoiler:
                              It's someone's birthday, if I remember right.

I'll bring the refillable cooler.
                              Sweet. Any takers for decorations?
                              sigpic

Comment

I checked and October 18th is the actual anniversary date. We could all participate in decorating. Should we have a theme? The original team? Oh! Photos of Darren and David and the Mods?

Ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X