Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touristy things might bring in money but they definitely raise the area's cheese level.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherriey
      Touristy things might bring in money but they definitely raise the area's cheese level.
      I don't know. It would be great to have Fort Dearborn right smack in the middle of the most expensive real estate in Chicago.

The original fort was destroyed by Indians, but it was rebuilt and lasted until 1857. They are better at preserving things in Chicago, now. Of course, to be fair, there was that Chicago fire.
      Last edited by Hatusu; 12 June 2006, 04:43 AM.
      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

I'd rather learn some archaeology and find things out for myself than be told not to cross the red velvet rope as what is on the other side is very old.

Comment

Originally posted by Cherriey
          I'd rather learn some archaeology and find things out for myself than be told not to cross the red velvet rope as what is on the other side is very old.
          One of my favorite things to do is explore ancient sites (Sela, don't say it! ).

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
            One of my favorite things to do is explore ancient sites (Sela, don't say it! ).
            Moi? *looks around innocently*

There are a few 'ancient sites' I'd love to explore myself.
            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
            it has it's own laws and beats about things
            which the intellect scorns."
            - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
              Moi? *looks around innocently*

There are a few 'ancient sites' I'd love to explore myself.
              Yes, you never know what kind of treasure you might find.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatusu
                Yes, you never know what kind of treasure you might find.
                Oh, I have an idea....or a dream....
                - Mark Twain -

Comment

Why does every conversation always end up somehow going back to Sela's brain or her dating life ??? This is the cosmic question

I am on from work WOO HOO...not sure how long it will last before they find me out...but it was cool for the moment
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Brain - because we're all zombies, remember? Dating life - If the snarkfest is over can I still say "Because no one can resist a natural disaster"?
                    sigpic
                    Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

1000 points to SqueeG..for having the MOST HILARIOUS answer of the day
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

*Bows*

I'm available for private parties with advance notice.
                        sigpic
                        Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                          Why does every conversation always end up somehow going back to Sela's brain or her dating life ??? This is the cosmic question

I am on from work WOO HOO...not sure how long it will last before they find me out...but it was cool for the moment
                          Yay! How'd you manage to get on at work?
                          Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Originally posted by atlantisrocks
                            Yay! How'd you manage to get on at work?
                            I have no idea.... I was reading my email digest and inavertantly clicked on something and it took me to the group...which has previously been blocked and I was like HEY!!! HHHEEEEEYYY and so I decided to try and see if I could get onto GW and I could...thats not to say I will be able to tomorrow...But for a little while I could and it was ggggggooooooodddd

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
                              Brain - because we're all zombies, remember? Dating life - If the snarkfest is over can I still say "Because no one can resist a natural disaster"?
                              Oh now, don't YOU start....
                              - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                                1000 points to SqueeG..for having the MOST HILARIOUS answer of the day
                                Hey! You stop encouraging the rabble, you nit!

(I'd snark you but I'm off to bed in a minute..)
                                - Mark Twain -

Comment

Working...
                                X