Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No such luck for Easter Monday.
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
      Yes, I noticed all of our customers had the day off, but sadly we were still expected to work.

What about Easter Monday? Same thing?
      I don't recall ever getting Easter Monday off, though it would have been nice.

Comment

Yeah, I've never had Easter Monday off. It was a bit of a shock to the system when I lived in the Midwest, because they adhere much more to closing for Good Friday. I've worked a lot of Easter Sundays through the years. Working in an office, that's not an issue any more. Too bad it's just me and my mom, since my sister does her own thing. We don't have any other family nearby, so it takes the family aspect out of a lot of holidays.

Comment

Good Friday is not a public holiday here but Easter Monday is.
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            Good Friday is not a public holiday here but Easter Monday is.
            Same here. It's only a day off in specific sectors, like the one I work in! However, my mother who works in a hospital still had to work and that was unusual for her, because she's had the last couple of Good Fridays off. She'd asked about it in the beginning of the year and was told no, so she had to write it in her calendar or she'd forget - and Monday is already her normal day off so she was pretty annoyed.

Oh and this year we have King's Day instead of Queen's Day, so we won't have that day off either because it falls in the weekend (and they moved it to Saturday). Otherwise we would have had the 30th of April off too. The next official holiday for us is Liberation Day on May 5th, followed by Ascension Day on 29th of May and Pentecost on June 8+9th, if I'm not mistaken. After that, it's a long wait until Christmas.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

25th April is a public holiday so our boss decided we had to take all next week off.
              I wish I could decide when taking my holidays but I can't.
              sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Oh, that's got to suck, Chemmy.

I'm on my way to family right now. Enjoying the sights of little lambs and other animals from the train. The weather is really nice too, so I'm in a very summer-y mood.
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Oh, that's got to suck, Chemmy.

I'm on my way to family right now. Enjoying the sights of little lambs and other animals from the train. The weather is really nice too, so I'm in a very summer-y mood.
                  On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                    25th April is a public holiday so our boss decided we had to take all next week off.
                    I wish I could decide when taking my holidays but I can't.
                    Wanna swap? I'm sure I could come up with some ideas for a week off.

25th April is a holiday in Australia too, but not the US. So instead of the 5 holidays in April I'm used to, there's none. You crazy Americans and your work ethic. Maybe I should move to France and partake of their standard 35 hour work week and 6 weeks vacation.

Comment

We're almost past the drought, when it comes to time off. The beginning of the year is very lean if you only take MAJOR federal holidays each year. But come May we've got one every other mont. C'mon Memorial Day (May), Independence Day (July), Labor Day (September), Thanksgiving (November) and Christmas... You guys can't get here fast enough!
                      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Both Good Friday and Easter Monday are bank holidays here. In retail we don't close for either (or any other bank holiday) but we get them as part of our holiday allowance.
                        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                        If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                          We had a petition at work (industry wide) to try and stop the government increasing taxes betting shops have to pay. I was told to get my family to sign it. I had to explain that betting was against their religion, mums side of the family. They're Salvationists (Salvation Army) and to them everything is evil. I stepped away from it because I found the rules and practices very outdated. For me, I believe that we're not judged for how much we drink or smoke, but by how we treat others and what we do to them. No god would condemn me for having a social drink.

Moving on.

yeah about the drinking thing I know in the Catholic Church it's OK to drink alcohol IN MODERATION (in other words only drinking to the point of inebriation is a sin)

about the smoking thing there's no hard and fast teaching I'm aware of regarding smoking....though people have cited the idea in Church teaching that your body is a Temple of the Holy Spirit and thus you shouldn't be polluting it with the crapload of carcinogens they put into cigarettes and cigars....not to mention nicotine is highly addictive (I believe you can get addicted to smoking far more quickly than to alcohol)...though there are Catholics who smoke like a chimney anyway

I have my own reasons for not smoking...some religious (such as the aforementioned idea) but many of them medical (cigars and cigarettes being highly carcinogenic)....I far prefer going through life WITHOUT lung cancer

Comment

Just one week left to make your prompts, challenges and requests! If you haven't yet, go check out what people are asking for. Claim a prompt for yourself, while you're at it! Remember, you can request fic, art, or vids - the sky's the limit!

bannerfans_10851606_zpsabfe15bf.jpg
                            Click the icon to go straight to the challenge!
                            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Ugh, I've had a very annoying day.

Got cut off and almost caused an accident on the way to work. Lost a customer account to a competitor. Went on a very disappointing date. Think I may have got food poisoning on said date. And I played really poorly at practice tonight, probably because all I wanted to do was throw up.

[/vent]

Need some S/J love to cheer me up. *puts on Window of Opportunity*.

Comment

Did I hear ajay needs some WoO love?

Indeed
                                Exactly!

Hope you feel better soon!! ((huggles))

smilie by zuz

Comment

Working...
                                X