Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by murrinholi View Post
    I've had both cats and dogs all my life, I was under the mistaken impression that all dogs were alike until our youngest black Labrador Jess. She's more cat than she is dog - sure she wags her tail like a dog, and loves to play fetch (though so does my kitten), she also loves to jump up, perch or your lap and pounce on you. Thing is you need to remember all animals are different, while I love dogs, I also have a huge respect for cats, because they aren't your pet... You're there's.

That's wonderful your brother is doing that! Everyone needs a cat in their life, they're too funny.
    She's bonkers, love her lots. In fact the kitten is bonkers too, love him too.

Trying to convince mum to let us get a cat or dog, she wants one but is scared for her furniture.
    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
      I love both cats and dogs equally. Ginger (my pit bull mix) is the sweetest dog we've ever had...completely defies the pit bull reputation

the only thing I don't like about my cat is how difficult she is at the vet's office.....she bites, scratches, hisses and spits at the vet as if she were possessed...sometimes I wonder if there's something to the whole "cats as the devil's familiars" thing
      It's really a lot of unjustified hype.

These stereotypes make the rounds of the breeds (remember years ago it was Dobermans, then German Shepherds?).

pit bull heroes hall of fame

CATS: I work at a vet's office. It took 4 of us to hold my Fluffy down to draw a blood panel. She has made her opinion well known in the office and cannot be handled without the aid of a towel or...
      "Cat Nabber".

But she's fine at home. This is also the cat on anti-anxiety meds (see my profile pic...that's her).
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
        It's really a lot of unjustified hype.

These stereotypes make the rounds of the breeds (remember years ago it was Dobermans, then German Shepherds?).

pit bull heroes hall of fame/
        Rottweilers have come up, too. I've worked with "dangerous" breeds for years, even been bitten my fair share of times. I've met one dog - 1 - that was born "off". The rest had been abused, mishandled, or neglected into being fearful (which is why most dogs bite, not because of aggression). Pits are usually super sweet babies and make lovely family pets. They're crazy smart and so very loyal.
        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Not exactly dogs or cats, but if you need a dose of cute in your day then check out these baby sloths.

Comment

SaraB, 2 of the best dogs I ever knew were pit bulls they are awesome dogs!
            sigpic

----------
            FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
              CATS: I work at a vet's office. It took 4 of us to hold my Fluffy down to draw a blood panel. She has made her opinion well known in the office and cannot be handled without the aid of a towel or...
              "Cat Nabber".

But she's fine at home. This is also the cat on anti-anxiety meds (see my profile pic...that's her).
              I could have used one of these today. I took Cheyenne in for her annual check-up and some sort of shot (which I've forgotten what kind it was). She had been mostly fine during the usual poking and prodding, aside from the occasional hiss to let everyone know she was displeased with what was happening to her. But when it came time for the shot, she went totally ballistic, hissed, snarled growled, the claws came out, and we went home without the shot, because the vet thought she needed a cool down period to recover before we tried the shot another day. I'm not sure who won there. Cheyenne or the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                I could have used one of these today. I took Cheyenne in for her annual check-up and some sort of shot (which I've forgotten what kind it was). She had been mostly fine during the usual poking and prodding, aside from the occasional hiss to let everyone know she was displeased with what was happening to her. But when it came time for the shot, she went totally ballistic, hissed, snarled growled, the claws came out, and we went home without the shot, because the vet thought she needed a cool down period to recover before we tried the shot another day. I'm not sure who won there. Cheyenne or the rest of us.
                *snicker*

I think Cheyenne won this round.

...and if you didn't know, "Torbie" (tortoiseshell tabby cats) are notorious for...ahhh...stubborn behavior. LOLOLOL.
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                  Rottweilers have come up, too. I've worked with "dangerous" breeds for years, even been bitten my fair share of times. I've met one dog - 1 - that was born "off". The rest had been abused, mishandled, or neglected into being fearful (which is why most dogs bite, not because of aggression). Pits are usually super sweet babies and make lovely family pets. They're crazy smart and so very loyal.
                  I know......I have a female brown and black brindle colored pit bull mix named Ginger and she's the sweetest dog we ever had

Comment

I love animals, but I do understand why some people don't like certain breeds. It may not be the dog's fault but, in my experience, many who own the "dangerous breed" dogs will train them to be aggressive. And let's not forget that *any* animal can turn, however unlikely.

I love my cats and grew up with them but I'm aware that many can (and occasionally do) sit in babies' cots and anything which takes attention away from a family pet can be a source of competition. I have a friend who owns a staffie cross. It's a lovely dog but she can't control it and she gets very annoyed when people ask her to keep it away from their children in parks. Kids will be kids and if a dog is accidentally poked in the eye or has its tail pulled or something, it may well see that as a threat and bite. As a child, my friend was cornered by a "dangerous" dog because my stupid neighbours would let it escape and roam the streets and it saw us all running around, shouting and playing and decided that we were a threat. The only reason she wasn't attacked was because my dad intervened.

I think people need to respect that whilst some like animals, others don't and act accordingly (and I'm one of those animal lovers )
                    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Good point Amber. I don't own a dog but I watch the Dog Whisperer (don't ask me why... daytime TV and Cesar is hotter than Oprah... maybe). He rehabilitates dogs and trains people. Dogs only react to what their humans are doing, so don't blame the breed, blame the owner.

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                        Good point Amber. I don't own a dog but I watch the Dog Whisperer (don't ask me why... daytime TV and Cesar is hotter than Oprah... maybe). He rehabilitates dogs and trains people. Dogs only react to what their humans are doing, so don't blame the breed, blame the owner.
                        Thanks My OH loves dogs and loves that show
                        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I finally bought a new (used) bicycle! No more walking all over town and to/from work, yay! Plus, I can finally wear my favorite trousers again, which are slightly too long to wear with sneakers (which I wear to walk to/from work and then change into heels at work).

Now I just have to uglify it and get used to my new locks. Think I'll go buy some spray cans tomorrow and maybe an extra cheap lock, just to be safe. Oh and maybe some of those bungee cord thingies for the rear rack, since I now have rim brakes and thus can't hang my grocery bags on the handlebar anymore (well, I can if the bag's handles are long enough)...
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                            I finally bought a new (used) bicycle! No more walking all over town and to/from work, yay! Plus, I can finally wear my favorite trousers again, which are slightly too long to wear with sneakers (which I wear to walk to/from work and then change into heels at work).

Now I just have to uglify it and get used to my new locks. Think I'll go buy some spray cans tomorrow and maybe an extra cheap lock, just to be safe. Oh and maybe some of those bungee cord thingies for the rear rack, since I now have rim brakes and thus can't hang my grocery bags on the handlebar anymore (well, I can if the bag's handles are long enough)...
                            Lol - most of that was basically greek to a person who hasn't owned a bicycle in 20 years. But congrats on the new(ish) wheels! (And getting to wear your favorite pants again - I totally get that!)
                            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                              Lol - most of that was basically greek to a person who hasn't owned a bicycle in 20 years. But congrats on the new(ish) wheels! (And getting to wear your favorite pants again - I totally get that!)
                              Whoops!

Sometimes I forget...

Oh and I can now finally go do groceries at my favorite supermarket again! It's almost 2 miles from my place so I'm obviously not going to walk there... well, it's not the walking there that's a problem, it's returning home with two or three grocery bags!

I can also go to the market place again! I can walk it, but again the grocery bags... they have these flimsy plastic bags that really cut into your fingers if you hold them for longer than five minutes. Or just some paper bags but I only have two hands, so I'd still have to put them all in a larger bag!
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

One (of many things) I hated when I lived in Paris was to go doing groceries by walk or sometimes by bus/tram.
                                *huggles her car*
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X