No announcement yet.

Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only have one mini midnight milky way left!
    Knew I should have bought more!
    *searches various websites*
    sigpic
    Sig made by Nola
    Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Since this is a lazy shippy holiday, I decided I wouldn't have to cook dinner and instead went over to the Subway. I used their app and got a nice subprise deal which included a cookie so now I can compare it to the ones I made! Qua size and consistency it looks exactly the same as my wannabe Nutella cookies (mine are a bit harder, though), and it has the same sickly sweet smell as the American cookies, albeit a bit sweeter (probably down to raspberry vs blueberry). The actual Subway cookie is a bit more cake-y and fluffier and doesn't have the sickly sweet aftertaste. Other than that they taste quite similar!

*happy and continues to eat alternerate bites from each cookie*
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, Fems, the raspberry mix is much less common around here, too. At least where I was living. I've only gone to the Walmart supercenter in my new city, so far. One of these days, we'll do a full-on grocery trip.

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
          If it makes you feel any better, Fems, the raspberry mix is much less common around here, too. At least where I was living. I've only gone to the Walmart supercenter in my new city, so far. One of these days, we'll do a full-on grocery trip.
          Oh, I can imagine it must be weird to live elsewhere and be unable to find the groceries you're used to. For me it's only happened with a few specific products and less than a handful of brands, since I moved to a bigger city with lots more supermarkets but if it had been the other way around... ö For example, I was in a wholesale store last week with my family and my mother was commenting on some of their prices and I told her that a lot of them were only a few cents more (with taxes excluded) than the ones in my favorite supermarket! That one is really cheap and I've probably saved a lot of money since deciding to shop there (even if it's a bit farther away and in the opposite direction of where I'm usually going), and my mother is totally jealous of the things I can easily (and cheaply) buy there. Don't know how I would feel about not being able to go there or to some of the quite common Asian supermarkets around here if I had to move back home or some place similar...
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I got my POE! I'm going to Canada for a working holiday!
            Actually bouncing off the walls right now!
            sigpic
            Sig made by Nola

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
              Congrats roque!
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                Congrats roque!
                Thanks Sparky! Maybe we'll get down to Chicago! Do you like hockey? We could totally go see the Blackhawks play!
                sigpic
                Sig made by Nola

Comment

Thanks Sparky! Maybe we'll get down to Chicago! Do you like hockey? We could totally go see the Blackhawks play!
                  Yeah, I like hockey alright. I don't actually live *in* Chicago.
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Yeah, I like hockey alright. I don't actually live *in* Chicago.
                    Awesome! Maybe the three of us - and whoever you want to bring - can go see a game! Michelle and I love hockey!

I'm guessing you live near Chicago? Is it a doable distance?
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by Nola

Comment

Awesome! Maybe the three of us - and whoever you want to bring - can go see a game! Michelle and I love hockey!

I'm guessing you live near Chicago? Is it a doable distance?
                      I live within 100 miles of Chicago. I'm working on getting my driver's liscense.

Comment

That's fantastic! Congratulations!!!!
                        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Congrats Roque! I'm sure you're going to have an awesome time. If you want some advice for places to hit up in Vancouver, feel free to PM me! Or if you want any other advice/chat about that kind of thing, feel free to ask I'm super jealous, I had such an amazing time over there!
                          Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

I live within 100 miles of Chicago. I'm working on getting my driver's liscense.
                            That's not bad America's so big compared to the UK. It's 50ish miles to the nearest city from where I live.

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                            That's fantastic! Congratulations!!!!
                            Thank you! So excited! Just waiting on Michelle getting hers now!

Now I need to get things sorted... like handing in my notice at work... Never done anything like that before. Not really sure what to do. Need to fins insurance and flights....Eeeeek!!!! Plenty time.... plenty time......
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by Nola

Comment

When does the working holiday start? And what sort of work will you be doing while you're there?
                              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                It's in Celsius, but I have one of those ovens whose settings just go per 25 degrees and normally that's not a big problem since most recipes use 175, 200, 225 or, less often, 250-300 degrees. It only seems to happen when I use American recipes and sometimes for bread, but those are from someone who adapts them from other recipes (often American ones) too and that's usually just 180 so I'll just go 175.

Thanks for the sugar suggestion and saying the commenter's idea sounds good. Before coming across this recipe I had no idea what shortening even was (and it took me 5 tokos/Asian supermarkets to find it - same for the Jiffy blueberry mix) so I'm not quite sure about how/when it should be used or what it even does exactly. I only bought the butter-flavor one since that was required and it's not like I'd use it for anything else (not to mention how expensive the stuff is), but do you think it matters whether I use the butter-flavor one instead of the regular shortening as the commenter suggested?

I've done a lot of googling (and asking around in those tokos and online import shops) for the raspberry variation, but it seems nearly impossible to get here. It's especially depressing to see the Jiffy website selling them (really cheaply too!) and having an online shop only for the US! There was one Amazon and/or Ebay thing I could have tried but it would have cost me over $25 just to get it delivered here (for one 7 pound box!)... I don't know if it would be any cheaper if you were to send it over? Because I would be eternally grateful if you could send me some.

It's a bit depressing to see how few muffin mixes we have here, even the regular brands only have normal and/or chocolate chip or caramel or something. I may have come across one or two strawberry ones but those just use flavoring, not pieces of dried fruit like the Jiffy mix. I saw that in some of the comments (of the recipe) people also used different berries and strawberry mixes etc which turned out great, but they don't seem to exist in my country. No wonder I used to bake my own muffins... I guess I could try that but it seems like a lot of work to make my own muffin mix to be able to make cookies! Besides, I think some of those mixes also required baking soda and some other things that I'm not sure would go well with the cookies if added to the dough... >.<
                                don't know what your shortening is like...but here in the States shortening is usually very cheap, mainly because Crisco (or the storebrand/generic versions thereof) are shortenings sold as cheap tubs of trans-fat (main ingredient is usually partially hydrogenated <insert name of oil here, usually soybean as soybean oil is pretty cheap here in the States> and "partially hydrogentated" usually means it's been turned into a trans-fat)....coconut oil can be used as a shortening, it's one of nature's saturated fats

Comment

Working...
                                X