• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comic con is booked for Newcastle in March. Gonna meet Teal'c! Eek
    sigpic
    Sig made by Nola
    Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

My boss brought me his poker game leftovers today...fudge brownie cheesecake!
      sigpic

----------
      FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Lol, my boss hasn't heard of leftover cheesecake.

He's also a known food thief - you don't dare put something out that's edible unless you're willing to share give it to him.
        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Over this heat wave. 44 yesterday, 43 today. Can't get anything done as its too hot and my house doesn't have insulation.
          The password is fishing...

Comment

Send some this way! Please!
            sigpic
            Sig made by Nola

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
              Send some this way! Please!
              Cheesecake or heat? One I have, the other I only wish I had. Mmm cheesecake. But wait, wouldn't cheesecake make you sick? I'm assuming you meant heat then. Stupid heat.

So grumpy and tired today!

Comment

Talk about your sticker shock...picked up 4 prescriptions for my daughter today...grand total $145 and that was after a $35 discount because of an epipen coupon. Thank goodness the epipens are actually good for an entire year and one of her prescriptions is for one time only. I am not very happy with the change in our insurance plan
                sigpic

----------
                FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                  Talk about your sticker shock...picked up 4 prescriptions for my daughter today...grand total $145 and that was after a $35 discount because of an epipen coupon. Thank goodness the epipens are actually good for an entire year and one of her prescriptions is for one time only. I am not very happy with the change in our insurance plan
                  I think Walgreens has a prescription savings club you can join..maybe you should look into that

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                    Late on this, but for me (photography and cake-making), when someone insists on paying and telling you to name the price, I concede the cost of materials and then say, "whatever feels fair to you."

That way it's on the person. They KNOW they're paying for a skill, that's why they asked. Let them set the value.

Pol
                    Pol!

I was thinking about you on the drive to work this a.m. ...are there new Campfire updates on the horizon???

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
                    Comic con is booked for Newcastle in March. Gonna meet Teal'c! Eek
                    There MUST be photos!!! congrats, lady!!

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                    Over this heat wave. 44 yesterday, 43 today. Can't get anything done as its too hot and my house doesn't have insulation.
                    I heard a report on NPR about the heat wave over there: I was worried about our Aussie family members. (((huggles)).

...do you want to come to the winter-bound USA? I will feed you...
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

I heard a report on NPR about the heat wave over there: I was worried about our Aussie family members. (((huggles)).

...do you want to come to the winter-bound USA? I will feed you...
                      Too hot for huggles today Sara! Does it snow where you live? I so, I'm on my way! Never seen snow, but I gather from what I've seen on TV that it's cold!

Comment

Snow is quite overrated!
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Had another bad day at work.

Firstly I was working with the idiot. A rude, abusive, customer that I barred last week after he yelled at me to "Open the f*****g door!" whilst I was doing a normal task that always requires the door to be locked. He was outside, after voluntarily leaving to have a smoke. Anyway, that was the last straw and I barred him - he wouldn't leave and I had to call the police, he left before they could remove him.

Today, he came in about twenty minutes after I arrived. I looked to the idiot who was duty manager, and reminded him this guy was barred. He nodded and said he knew he was barred. He slowly went down to the customer, tidying bits of paper, pens and slips on the way - deliberately fart-arsing around. That wound me up, you don't p around to remove an aggressive abusive customer.

He eventually gets to the guy and his body language was relaxed. I heard murmured conversation for a few minutes before "Easy, easy man." from the barred guy. The idiot responds by telling him he knows he has to leave. I didn't catch the next part but the guy that was barred started yelling "That ****ing pussy got me barred." and kept repeating himself, slightly varying the sentence, but repeatedly using the phrase, "that ****ing pussy" and "no problem with you". The idiot grows a pair and tells him he's hurling abuse at staff and he has to leave.

It takes several minutes for him to leave but he goes, then he stands on the other side of the door.

The idiot returns to the counter and tells me he approached the customer and said to him something along the lines of "Look, I don't know what happened, I wasn't here, I don't have a problem with you, but I'm just following orders, and you have to leave."

Very nearly flipped when he said that. He's always arse kissing and bending over backwards to be pally pally with them. He caused the fuss by saying what he did. It sounded like he disagreed with the barring, or my version of events or both. He won't grow a ****ing pair or a backbone and take responsibility like the rest of us.

If someone who I know is barred comes in, I go up to them, try to be as polite as possible. "Come on, you know you're barred, please leave." or "Look you know you're barred, you have to go." You don't put the blame on someone else. It's not being a team player and its putting others in the firing line whilst you cover your ass.

Recently, the group of customers who hang out together, including this guy that has been barred, have gotten funny with both myself and my manager. Nothing happened that we can recall to cause this. We know that the idiot goes outside the front of the shop and smokes with them - he's breaking policy in doing that because he's not to smoke outside the front of the shop. We're concerned about the conversations he has with them. On previous occasions he has sided with them when something has happened and made the manager out to be the one with the problem.

I'm getting pig sick of it. I'm hoping when he has his appraisal he gets a sharp shock and knock back down to Earth.

I'd put a couple of elastic bands around a big pile of football coupons to keep them together. Somewhere between me doing that, and the idiot leaving he took the bands off and stood them on their end in the football merchandising. When I was looking through the merchandising for Man Utd they went everywhere. He'd also thrown one of the sets of keys we need to lock up for the night to the back of the safe under the paperwork. It's like he sets out to cause us grief. There was no need for either.

I'll stop ranting now and save it all for when I see my manager.
                          Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                          If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Is it Tuesday yet?! Eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by Nola

Comment

Sorry to hear about your crappy day at work, nei - there's nothing worse than co-workers not backing you up

~

What happens Tuesday, roque?

~

I had a follow-up appointment with my jaw surgeon Friday. It still hurts and the left part of my lower lip has gone numb again which is probably caused by an "upset" trigeminal nerve. He decided he needs to "open it up and have a look". This will happen on February 28 - the Friday after AT7 - he was actually very supportive about me not missing it, very sweet of him.
                              I'll have it done under local anaesthesia this time, he doesn't think it'll be necessary to remove that much of the bone.
                              Hopefully this will fix it once and for all

Comment

Thanks for the advices. I think I'll tell him to pay me what he thinks it's right.
                                But I really have to finish my pyrography before AT7!
                                Sam is almost complete. What do you think?

sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X