Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
    What software do you use? I use Audacity. I'm mostly just curious and always interested in options. What kind of tape player do you use? If it's an auto-reverse, the head might be out of align. Just a thought. I found I get a better transfer when I use a regular tape player.

I have some vinyl LPs I want to digitize because these never went to any other medium. My problem with some of them is that they are 60s vinyl and that means a heavier disc and my player is actually slowing down the spin because of the weight. Not much but just enough that I can tell the difference. My sister said it sounds fine to her but this is the same sister that was forced to sit face-to-face with me so what does she know? I'm kidding, she loves me bunches now, probably out of guilt, but I'll accept it. I don't want to go out and spend a lot of money on a player with a weighted table but I do want to get these tracks digitized. *cries*
    Audacity I think has the ability to speed up the tempo of a waveform....that should work....Audacity...at least the portable version I have that runs directly form my pendrive has 2 different tools in the "Effects" menu regarding this...."change speed" and "change tempo"....the difference is that "change speed" changes the speed of the audio waveform by resampling and it will change the pitch too..."change tempo" increases the speed (tempo) of the waveform without changing the pitch...however both functions will change the length of the waveform.....so if your record player has a headphone port you can use what I used to record a cassette from my walkman into Audacity (stated in previous post) and record the LP record into audacity and work with the waveform from there....unless this record player is so old it doesn't have a headphone port....

edit: I gotta get to work....ttyl

((((family)))))

Comment

mad_gater is the demagnetizer a cassette tape like thing or a gizmo you plug into an outlet? If it's the cassette, you put it in the player. If it's the gizmo, you put the tip on the head in the player and move it around the entire surface.

I'll look into that speed change in Audacity. My turntable is relatively new, has the red/white AUX out cables which I plug into an adapter and plug that into my laptop's line in port.
      Last edited by UhSir; 12 December 2007, 12:37 PM. Reason: just saw mad_gater's other post

Comment

Hi Shippers,

I just wanted to let everyone know that my tests went fine And I'm apparently normal, what do they know eh

Julia(samcarterrules)
        sigpic
        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
          mad_gater is the demagnetizer a cassette tape like thing or a gizmo you plug into an outlet? If it's the cassette, you put it in the player. If it's the gizmo, you put the tip on the head in the player and move it around the entire surface.

I'll look into that speed change in Audacity. My turntable is relatively new, has the red/white AUX out cables which I plug into an adapter and plug that into my laptop's line in port.
          actually I'd remembered that my mom had both devices....cassette and gizmo....I used the cassette....much simpler...I figured it out.....I'm not totally dumb....

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
            Hi Shippers,

I just wanted to let everyone know that my tests went fine And I'm apparently normal, what do they know eh

Julia(samcarterrules)
            they obviously don't visit GW....

Comment

MG!!!!!!!! I see you there *crash tackle hugs*

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
              What? I just had hash brown potatoes for breakfest! Take that Lover! Does Sam know you're "involved" with her ex-fiance? I'd sleep with one eye open if I were you.
              pfft...whatever. I hope that hash brown gives you indigestion!

And yes, Sam knows I am "involved" with potato face. She's glad...leaves her in peace with her husband

*throws mashed potato at Seahen*

If Pete is potato, what is Kerry?

(((((((seahen))))))))
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                MG!!!!!!!! I see you there *crash tackle hugs*

pfft...whatever. I hope that hash brown gives you indigestion!

And yes, Sam knows I am "involved" with potato face. She's glad...leaves her in peace with her husband

*throws mashed potato at Seahen*

If Pete is potato, what is Kerry?

(((((((seahen))))))))
                *picks self up off floor and dusts self off*

*stands up only to have his face intercept the mashed potatoes being thrown at Seahen*

ARGH!!!!! *wipes off potatoes and throws them back at Bekki*.....

edit: WOOHOO!!! My rep level says I am now a well-known threat to the System Lords.....

now why can't I ever get promoted in RL?

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                  Hi Shippers,

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  YAY and normal....what kind of people made that test?

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                  *picks self up off floor and dusts self off*

*stands up only to have his face intercept the mashed potatoes being thrown at Seahen*

ARGH!!!!! *wipes off potatoes and throws them back at Bekki*.....

edit: WOOHOO!!! My rep level says I am now a well-known threat to the System Lords.....

now why can't I ever get promoted in RL?
                  lol and yay for rep level...I have no clue what mine is...never look at it...only know how many points I have
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi Jann! *huggles*
                    sigpic

Comment

Hiya bekki *huggles back*

How are you?
                      sigpic

Comment

I am mighty good!

I was crewing on a children's musical show last week and there was a section on Dutch Sinterklass...it made me think of you!!!

Although I'm fairly sure you would have been rolling around laughing at the Saint Nicholas. I'm not sure it was all entirely accurate!

cute though!

How are you?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post
                          YAY and normal....what kind of people made that test?

lol and yay for rep level...I have no clue what mine is...never look at it...only know how many points I have
                          point your mouse at the line of green jello squares in one of your posts (don't click, just point) and it will tell you....actually I can tell you.....it says you serve as loyal advisor to the system lords....means you're higher than me.....*grumbles*.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                            I am mighty good!

I was crewing on a children's musical show last week and there was a section on Dutch Sinterklass...it made me think of you!!!

Although I'm fairly sure you would have been rolling around laughing at the Saint Nicholas. I'm not sure it was all entirely accurate!

cute though!

How are you?
                            LOL!!! I bet it was cute!!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                              point your mouse at the line of green jello squares in one of your posts (don't click, just point) and it will tell you....actually I can tell you.....it says you serve as loyal advisor to the system lords....means you're higher than me.....*grumbles*.....
                              Oh hey! that's cool! I've never tried that before!

And personally I would say a threat to the system lords is better than a loyal advisor! Unless the advisor was really a Tok'ra spy
                              sigpic

Comment

Apparently I'm "ready to take a human host"

Good! I was getting tired of that whole symbiote puberty thing! I mean, no one understands a teen snake anymore!

Edit: Well, I'm off to a work Christmas party now~ hooplah!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X