Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
    So it's not optionless. Which makes it better than nothing. Definitely. If a woman wants the baby enough, I think they'd be patient to wait it out. Although it would still be a painful process.

<snip>
    It is. The adoption process is it's own kind of labor; only in emotional pain, not physical pain. But it's worth it. Trust me. Been there, done that. Twice.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
      It is. The adoption process is it's own kind of labor; only in emotional pain, not physical pain. But it's worth it. Trust me. Been there, done that. Twice.
      Awww. Yay. That gives me hope. Which is nice. A baby is always worth it
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

well suffice it to say I think most people here know my religious views....if I were a woman I'd never consider in-vitro fertilization...I won't even participate in it as a man either.....not only for moral reasons first and foremost but IMO IVF carries a high degree of risk for STD's too...how do you know that the sperm donor for example doesn't have AIDS?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          well suffice it to say I think most people here know my religious views....if I were a woman I'd never consider in-vitro fertilization...I won't even participate in it as a man either.....not only for moral reasons first and foremost but IMO IVF carries a high degree of risk for STD's too...how do you know that the sperm donor for example doesn't have AIDS?
          There is a screening process that the donors go through. Blood tests, questionaires, etc.
          sigpic

Comment

There is a screening process that the donors go through. Blood tests, questionaires, etc.

Exactly.

And even if that risk was present, as you were making the choice to go through it yourself, you'd weigh all these options anyway and decide based on what you learned. I'm pretty sure *I* wouldn't jump into anything without looking at the pros and cons.
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
              Exactly.

And even if that risk was present, as you were making the choice to go through it yourself, you'd weigh all these options anyway and decide based on what you learned. I'm pretty sure *I* wouldn't jump into anything without looking at the pros and cons.
              I see.......obviously I'd still never participate in it.......for moral reasons....I won't go into them here for purposes of keeping the peace......religion, politics, and sports from what I've gathered are the 3 things that should never be talked about between friends

Comment

I sent my first text message yesterday!
                sigpic
                Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                  I sent my first text message yesterday!
                  Aww, it's so sweet...my thread mommy is growing up...

And CONGRATULATIONS!

Comment

Yeah, you want to make sure he's not psycho he passes on good genes.
                    I see.......obviously I'd still never participate in it.......for moral reasons....I won't go into them here for purposes of keeping the peace......religion, politics, and sports from what I've gathered are the 3 things that should never be talked about between friends
                    And ship.

Oh, the thought of babies makes me want to run the other way. But that's why there's good people like y'all who want to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                      Oh, the thought of babies makes me want to run the other way. But that's why there's good people like y'all who want to do that.
                      I read this and laugh as I see the cover of Mulitiple Bles8ings. I LOVE Jon and Kate! (And BTW, Jena got me that book for Christmas, she loves to support people in their baby love, but she never wants any babies...)

Auntie Jena all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                        See i think the motivations of some of those donors aren't what you think, I think a lot of them just do it for the money... It might not be a lot of money that they get but it is some. I know a friend who gives blood for the money... I mean yes I would love to believe that donors do it cause they truely wanna help someone but most of the times I don't think that is the case... sadly enough.

So to me and obviously also to Amber it is just a random guy we used cause we needed something we don't have...

And I think America is totally different if it comes to adoption and stuff like that... I think they also have different standards for IVF... Although i am not sure.
                        I mean here adoption is hard for everyone though cause there are a lot of interviews and stuff like that going on to see if you could be good parent... what is silly cause if you weren't you wouldn't go for adoption. I mean lets face it, it is a lot of hassle to finally be able to adopt, if you weren't good parents, why do it?
                        I sometimes really think it is silly, it is not like they interview and test people who are pregnant if they would make good parent. Cause if they did some kids wouldn't have it so hard or be abused or stuff like that...

And obviously kids come with future but I want one preferable before I am 30. I always said if I had kids I would have it around my 25 but since I am not carrying it isn't such a big deal... although since I am with Amber, I am more broody then I have ever been. I guess being in an amazing relationship and thing like that makes you think more about the future and kids come with that
                        Well, with blood donations, not all places pay you. I've never been paid for donating blood. They don't even offer to pay you. And the people that draw the blood all volunteer, so they don't get paid either. I've donated with Red Cross and with a local place, so that's two places that, to my knowledge, don't give money for blood.

And I'm sad to say, I've known of several instances where children were adopted for "bad" reasons. The parents looked great on the outside, and everything was great when the people went on site for visits (they never did surprise inspection visits with these cases), but the kids were being used for labor and one girl had been sent into prostitution and was raped/abused all the time by the "dad". So that's why there is now so much more that goes into it, at least here in the states. Or rather, one reason. That's also why there are more surprise inspections.
                        Adopting in America is also very difficult. And very expensive, especially if you want to adopt a baby. If you want an older child, then adopting through the Foster Care system is cheap, but there is training and tests and paperwork (even more than adopting with an agency!).

Adoption agencies don't usually work with single working moms here because the vast majority of birthmothers prefer to place their baby in a two-parent home. It would be unfair for an agency to say they could place a child with you when they know maybe 1 out of the last fifty birthmoms they worked with was okay with a single mom adopting the baby. But, if you're willing to hang in there and are aware of the challenges you're facing in that respect, you'll find an agency who will stick it out with you. Or, you could look into private adoption, which is done with lawyers, not an agency.
                        And again, even if you can adopt single, some places will expect you to stop working. I think that's getting phased out now, but when my mom was looking into adoption, it was "recommended" that she no longer work. Don't know how they expected her to support a child that way though...
                        LOL!!!! Yep!! Those tend to be the things not discussed in "polite" gatherings, lol!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                          I read this and laugh as I see the cover of Mulitiple Bles8ings. I LOVE Jon and Kate! (And BTW, Jena got me that book for Christmas, she loves to support people in their baby love, but she never wants any babies...)

Auntie Jena all the way!
                          Yes, Auntie Jena. I like kids as long as you take them home with you at the end of the day. Really, I love kids and I love working with them, but whoa, I could never imagine myself with one of my own!

Comment

Yes, Auntie Jena. I like kids as long as you take them home with you at the end of the day. Really, I love kids and I love working with them, but whoa, I could never imagine myself with one of my own!
                            Is it okay that I say I don't either? I mean, Jena, you love kids, I know that! But...not in that way...They are fun to look after and take care of, but at the end of the day you just want it to be you and the two cats who are mostly on their own anyway. I know you love kids! And I know you're the only person who will truly understand what I just said, and know that it wasn't meant to be mean. Love you!

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                              Is it okay that I say I don't either? I mean, Jena, you love kids, I know that! But...not in that way...They are fun to look after and take care of, but at the end of the day you just want it to be you and the two cats who are mostly on their own anyway. I know you love kids! And I know you're the only person who will truly understand what I just said, and know that it wasn't meant to be mean. Love you!
                              How could you say that!

Yes, I understand, cause we don't need that conference.

So...I'm trying to figure out what I should eat Friday night...something special since SGA is ending. Tonight I had steak, a baked potato, and rolls. It was okay, but I'm not much of a cook. *shrugs*

Comment

How could you say that!

Yes, I understand, cause we don't need that conference.

So...I'm trying to figure out what I should eat Friday night...something special since SGA is ending. Tonight I had steak, a baked potato, and rolls. It was okay, but I'm not much of a cook. *shrugs*
                                Make the potato thing! Gourmet potatoes...is that what they're called? Those are flippin' awesome. OR you could just go out and get something...I don't know what I'm going to do...probably just another Lean Cuisine...goo, how many calories should you intake in one day? Anywho, my random question for the night!

Edit: We DON'T need that conference!

Comment

Working...
                                X