Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patriot_Jackie View Post
    No kidding. My day already sucks and is getting suckier by the minute; I was hoping to get a little encouragement from a lingering squeeful high.
    (((Jackie))) I'm feeling better.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
      (((Jackie))) I'm feeling better.
      (((Seahen))) At least one of us is.
      sigpic

You ended that sentence with a preposition! You *******!!

Comment

(((Seahen))) At least one of us is.
        You mean my hug didn't make you feel better? Now I'm sad again.

Comment

You mean my hug didn't make you feel better? Now I'm sad again.
          Aww, I'm sorry. Not much can make you feel better when you have to pretend to be happy while customers are screaming and arguing with you repeatedly about things out of your control over the phone. Makes you feel rather pathetic and worthless, actually. I'm not even sure fanfic could make me happy, and the day's not even half over.
          sigpic

Comment

Aww, I'm sorry. Not much can make you feel better when you have to pretend to be happy while customers are screaming and arguing with you repeatedly about things out of your control over the phone. Makes you feel rather pathetic and worthless, actually. I'm not even sure fanfic could make me happy, and the day's not even half over.
            Ah, I used to have those days. Gotta love customer service type jobs. I'd be feeling about 6 inches tall and then one customer would sincerely smile at me or tell me I was doing a good job and turned my mood completely around. So Jackie, I LOVE YOU MAN! (but you're not getting my bud light)

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
              I had my observation/evaluation today and it was a disaster. The principal came to my first class, and normally they are very good, but today they were all over the place. (These are 9th graders, btw). Not cooperative, noisy, off task, the list goes on and on. The principal actually pulled 3 students whom he called an unpleasant term to me and took them into the office to speak with them. So all in all-it was horrible.
              (((Amy))) You know, sometimes there is no difference btw 4 year olds and 14 year olds.
              Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
              YEA!

I wish you lots of:
              And not so many of these: (because seriously...sometimes kids just don't know what's going on!)
              And even fewer of these:
              And none of these:
              Or you might get:
              And then start doing this all the time:
              And then you will start with an eye twitch...(and not the good kind) :
              But most of all, I wish you lots of: (love)

Love ya, Jena!

Aww! I am so sorry! Maybe the principal forgot what it's like to have an off day in the classroom. Happens to the best teachers! Proficient...I'm sure you are much better than proficient.

AND it seems like the kids had a lot of stimuli with the new (I'm guessing they're new) centers they had for the global warming unit...So maybe they were just wound up over that...I'm sorry! You need another hug! (((AMY)))

(Oh...and...on a happier teaching note...I DIDN'T GET NERVOUS AT ALL TODAY WHILE MY PROFESSOR WAS IN THE ROOM EVALUATING ME! AT ALL. It wasn't a formal evaluation, or anything...but it went well. I got in the zone and blocked her and my mentor teacher out...just me and my partner. They were listening so much better today! But I fear that my partner showed me up. I feel bad that I can't control them the way that she can. She's just better at the classroom management thing...I felt embarrassed! Anywho! I think we had a pretty good day!)

OH! AND!!! My professor asked us how our days went...and she went around the room and had us each tell about teaching...and she got to mine and I said "Well, you were in there for mine...and in Phase II I used to get really nervous when my teacher from the university would come in and watch and evaluate me..." She told us she used to CRY when one of her university professors used to try and help her! I said: ME TOO!

Oh...phase II saw lots of tears! I hated it...but now I'm okay...I think the praying thing is working...Jesus is looking out for me! I just wish I could be as good as most of those people in my class...especially my partner, she is so great! But anywho! I've rambled far too long!
              Aw, Brooke. You're so sweet! I'm so glad it went well for you! I hope it gets better and better!

As for the behavior thing, as evidenced by the off day Amy's students had...it's a fickle thing. You never know that they're gonna do. Ever. Even if you teach them right and they do right most of the time.

I'm still learning about this management stuff, because keeping control over kids IS hard! I wish I could say mine were perfect angels all the time, but heh, who am I kidding? And actually most of them are really great! It's just that handful that's misbehaving that gives the illusion the whole class has lost it.

And I'm getting those twins....tomorrow. Oy.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                Twins are the best! I had a set of twins in my class (pre k), and they were hilarious!!! They kept each other entertained and had the funniest in-jokes that no one else understood...they called me Mr Goose for the entire time I taught them...they used to brush my hair with a mop and then roll around laughing about Mr Goose...it was so bizarre and entertaining. I had no idea what they were doing!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                  Twins are the best! I had a set of twins in my class (pre k), and they were hilarious!!! They kept each other entertained and had the funniest in-jokes that no one else understood...they called me Mr Goose for the entire time I taught them...they used to brush my hair with a mop and then roll around laughing about Mr Goose...it was so bizarre and entertaining. I had no idea what they were doing!!!
                  I have B/G twins already, then these are G/G twins who do look a lot alike(Lord, help me tell the difference!), and then sisters who are only 11 months apart. Three sets of siblings in one class...fun fun.

Comment

(((Amy))) You know, sometimes there is no difference btw 4 year olds and 14 year olds.

Aw, Brooke. You're so sweet! I'm so glad it went well for you! I hope it gets better and better!

As for the behavior thing, as evidenced by the off day Amy's students had...it's a fickle thing. You never know that they're gonna do. Ever. Even if you teach them right and they do right most of the time.

I'm still learning about this management stuff, because keeping control over kids IS hard! I wish I could say mine were perfect angels all the time, but heh, who am I kidding? And actually most of them are really great! It's just that handful that's misbehaving that gives the illusion the whole class has lost it.

Aww...((((JENA)))) I just hope you always have that aide!!

It IS hard! I just get so discouraged when they talk to me about it because I TRY you know...it's not like I sit around and let them run amuck...it's just so hard. I mean come on! Keeping 19 five year-olds...(in your case soon to be 26 four year-olds) on task...all at the same time...all the time...in the words of : Not gonna happen...(or something like that...I didn't see the ep)

Ahh...that Harry Wong book...I started reading it last semester....I need to keep reading. It's just...grrrr sometimes! You just can't keep them all on task! It just isn't possible!

I want to cry almost every time that I leave that room...because I feel discouraged...and everyone keeps telling us...it's okay! You're not supposed to know everything! But you want to, you know!

You WANT to know how to reach and teach every child because you feel a need to reach and teach every child. You're a teacher, FCOL...and if you're a good one...you won't want any to slip through your fingers! AHHHHHHHH!!!!

I'm going to be a wreak when I become a teacher! JENA! We'll have to live close by okay...in case I have a melt down my first month....or week...or day...or hour. Seriously...I want to live in a small town...not necessarily teach in one...but definitely live in one...But whatever comes my way...you'll have to be close by...in case I need your shoulder to cry on...and you know that happens...a lot!

Wow...anywho.

Comment

Aww...((((JENA)))) I just hope you always have that aide!!
                      Oh, me too. She's the best!
                      It IS hard! I just get so discouraged when they talk to me about it because I TRY you know...it's not like I sit around and let them run amuck...it's just so hard. I mean come on! Keeping 19 five year-olds...(in your case soon to be 26 four year-olds) on task...all at the same time...all the time...in the words of : Not gonna happen...(or something like that...I didn't see the ep)
                      It is VERY hard! Little kids are exactly that, little kids...ya know?
                      Ahh...that Harry Wong book...I started reading it last semester....I need to keep reading. It's just...grrrr sometimes! You just can't keep them all on task! It just isn't possible!
                      I read that book. Ah...ah...not helpful.
                      You WANT to know how to reach and teach every child because you feel a need to reach and teach every child. You're a teacher, FCOL...and if you're a good one...you won't want any to slip through your fingers! AHHHHHHHH!!!!
                      I'm trying so hard to reach them all, and it's so hard. You just have to do your best and get them to do their best.
                      I'm going to be a wreak when I become a teacher! JENA! We'll have to live close by okay...in case I have a melt down my first month....or week...or day...or hour. Seriously...I want to live in a small town...not necessarily teach in one...but definitely live in one...But whatever comes my way...you'll have to be close by...in case I need your shoulder to cry on...and you know that happens...a lot!

Wow...anywho.
                      Well, you know where to find me! And it'll all work out and you won't meltdown! Just remember, it's all a learning experience, even the first year(s). It won't be perfect! Believe me!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your kind support! I hope tomorrow will be a better day.

I hope your day is better tomorrow Seahen! Squeeeee when you like!
                        sigpic
                        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                          Thank you everyone for your kind support! I hope tomorrow will be a better day.

I hope your day is better tomorrow Seahen! Squeeeee when you like!
                          I'm playing with my niece now. And saw some good news on Joe's blog today. So, between Jann and you telling me to continue to SQUEE and cute baby cooing, I'm good now.

Comment

I'm trying so hard to reach them all, and it's so hard. You just have to do your best and get them to do their best.
                            Yes...we actually watch a video with Harry Wong speaking on it today...he said to set your expectations high...not so high that they are fantastically so...but high and the students will yield high results. You believe in them and they will show you the best that they can be!!!

Well, you know where to find me! And it'll all work out and you won't meltdown! Just remember, it's all a learning experience, even the first year(s). It won't be perfect! Believe me!
                            Oh...I won't expect it to be perfect...ever. Wong was talking today and he said that first year teachers have this period that they call fantasy...where they think everyday is going to be perfect and so are they and the children.

Yeah right, I started laughing. Not me. This time my low confidence level comes in handy!

Comment

Ah, I used to have those days. Gotta love customer service type jobs. I'd be feeling about 6 inches tall and then one customer would sincerely smile at me or tell me I was doing a good job and turned my mood completely around. So Jackie, I LOVE YOU MAN! (but you're not getting my bud light)
                              LOL Thankies. But you can keep your beer; I dun want it!

And I just got VTO (early leave) so maybe the day is finally looking up.
                              sigpic

Comment

Wong was talking today and he said that first year teachers have this period that they call fantasy...where they think everyday is going to be perfect and so are they and the children.
                                Really? Any first year teacher should have already had enough experience with kids(and themselves) to know that's soooo not gonna happen!

Comment

Working...
                                X