Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brendini View Post
    I've actually never been to Ikea, but I probably wouldn't have any trouble putting their stuff together. I'm the "assembler" in the family.
    Same here. Although my brother is a better assembler than me. My two sisters (who are very intelligent) always seem to have trouble reading the directions.

Comment

Half my house is Ikea also. And it's not that I have trouble assembling it, it's more that I'm too lazy

Does anybody have a good cold-busting chicken soup recipe? I've been trying to shake this cold for 3 weeks and it just won't budge. Time to break out the garlic and ginger.

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
        Half my house is Ikea also. And it's not that I have trouble assembling it, it's more that I'm too lazy

Does anybody have a good cold-busting chicken soup recipe? I've been trying to shake this cold for 3 weeks and it just won't budge. Time to break out the garlic and ginger.
        For chicken soup what I do is put some diced celery, carrots, and onions into a crock pot, throw in some frozen diced cooked chicken breast, some minced garlic from the jar, and some chicken broth made from boullion, and cook it in the crock pot all day....then about an hour before I'm ready to serve I add some whole wheat egg noodles

Natural decongestant:

- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
        - ½ teaspoon of powdered ginger
        - 3 tablespoons of all natural organic honey
        - 1/4 cup of lemon juice
        - 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar

Directions

Pour ¼ cup of lemon juice and ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar in pot and bring to a gentle simmer. Stir in 2-3 tablespoons of raw organic honey and ¼-½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper and powdered ginger each (the latter amount makes it quite strong.) Store in a jar in a cool, dark, place indefinitely. Adults take 1-2 tablespoons daily as needed. Shake well before using, as the powder doesn’t dissolve in the most pristine way. I find it pleasant sometimes to warm the mixture before taking it.

Comment

For some reason, I can't green you mad_gater, but thanks so much! I'm going to try that decongestant while I make my chicken soup.

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
            For some reason, I can't green you mad_gater, but thanks so much! I'm going to try that decongestant while I make my chicken soup.
            fair warning: the decongestant is rather brutal-tasting but should help

Comment

I love IKEA.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                you wouldn't happen to have the recipe for these awesome looking treats would you? *drools at the sweets*

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/...DME_06_22_2014

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
                Oh my actual effing God! Michelle's just had a text from our realtor "WE GOT THE CONDO!!!"

We get the keys tomorrow!

Now we need furniture!

YAY!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by brendini View Post
                I've actually never been to Ikea, but I probably wouldn't have any trouble putting their stuff together. I'm the "assembler" in the family.
                Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                I love IKEA.

That is all.

I have no IKEA. I've never been in the store.
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                  I have no IKEA. I've never been in the store.
                  I feel sadness for you. No Swedish meatballs or inexpensive housewares or furniture with names that are fun to say with the accent of the Swedish Chef (even if it is all wrong).

Almost every room in my house has something from IKEA in it Actually... well maybe all of them... LOL

Comment

My house and IKEA don't mix. Everything in here is wooden and antique. Somehow I don't think IKEA's modernist lines are going to work with the decor.
                    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Same here. Although my brother is a better assembler than me. My two sisters (who are very intelligent) always seem to have trouble reading the directions.
                      In my house, hubby digs through the parts while I check the parts list in the instructions. Then I start reading the assembly steps but he's usually one or two ahead of me saying "got it", "done", "okay" as I read. Seriously, he'll have it all together and just be sitting there waiting for me to finish reading. I used to get upset but he told me not to because he is listening and confirming that he's done it right. And there have been a few times that he's been stumped and actually needed me to bail him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                        I feel sadness for you. No Swedish meatballs or inexpensive housewares or furniture with names that are fun to say with the accent of the Swedish Chef (even if it is all wrong).

Almost every room in my house has something from IKEA in it Actually... well maybe all of them... LOL
                        Their food is really good. We usually have lunch or dinner there when we go over because it tastes good and isn't very expensive. I love the Swedish meatballs (without the cranberry sauce though) and usually pick those when I eat there - the fries that come with it are excellent too. They also have breakfast for €1 I believe, which is very popular with students (there are lot of them in my city) who'll go over to Ikea just to eat breakfast
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I'm making a crockpot tuna noodle casserole today

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                            I'm making a crockpot tuna noodle casserole today
                            Is that something you've done before? Let me know how it turns out

Comment

Yeah, I'm interested this too. I worry about pasta in the crockpot (sometimes it gets gummy). So if you've got a good recipe, I'd love to know about it!
                              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Crockpot tuna noodle casserole

Cook Time: 6 hours
                                Total Time: 6 hours

Ingredients:

2 cans cream of celery soup
                                1/3 cup dry sherry
                                2/3 cup Milk
                                2 tablespoons parsley flakes
                                10 ounces frozen peas and carrots, about 1 1/2 to 2 cups
                                2 cans tuna, drained
                                1/4 teaspoon curry powder, or to taste
                                10 ounces egg noodles, cooked until just tender
                                2 tablespoons butter

Preparation:

In a large mixing bowl, cream of celery combine soup, sherry, milk, parsley flakes, vegetables, curry powder, and tuna. Fold in noodles; mix to combine well. Pour mixture into a generously greased slow cooker. Dot with butter. Cover and cook on Low 5 to 7 hours, until vegetables are done and noodles are tender.

turned out pretty good though I used corn instead as I'm not a fan of peas

Comment

Working...
                                X