No announcement yet.

Sam and Jack Shipper Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annerb is not very active on twitter, but from time to time she's there cuz she replies and RT
    sigpic
    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

***DESPERATELY SEEKING LOST NOMINEES***

Hello folks! As part of the awards nomination process we've found a bunch of older works are still HUGE fan favorites! To that end, we're desperately seeking some nominees that have slipped off the map. Do you know any of these people and how we might get a hold of them? We're active on most social media platforms between the awards themselves or the committee members.

Please help us find the following (new this post in green):
      • Jarterlove (Vid Nominee) - We've attempted to contact through: YouTube
      • Aussie73 (Fic Nominee) - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
      • Kate McCaye (Fic Nominee) - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
      • Goddess Andraste (Fic Nominee) - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net; Twitter
      • Annerb (Fic Nominee) - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net; Livejournal; Twitter
      • Quarkie (Fic Nominee) - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
      • Jessa4865 (Fic Nominee) - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
      • Little Red (Fic Nominee) - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net; Email
      • Ayiana2 (Fic Nominee) - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
      • CooperTrooperSG1 (Fic Nominee) - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
      • mara-anni (Fic Nominee) - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
      • peachy626 (Fic Nominee) - We've attempted to contact through: Fanfiction.net
      • Surrealis (Fic Nominee) - We've attempted to contact through: Livejournal
      • DoubleTreble1518 (Vid Nominee) - We've attempted to contact through: Youtube

Any leads would be much appreciated. Thank you!
      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Made by Chemmy

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Well, folks, I survived the wedding this weekend! Can't say it was the most fun ever (bridesmaid ignoring and being rude to my OH because she had a disagreement with his mother last year, homophobic Minister who started the ceremony with a dig about 'marriage being between and man and a woman', drunk stepmother of the bride, all of OH's family having a go at him because he's moved to another city for work, typical drunk oil workers having p***ing contests over who earns more/has a bigger *ahem* etc. etc.) but thank goodness it's over!

Honestly, I'm *never* getting married! OH can ask until he's blue in the face. The answer is still no.
          Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
            Well, folks, I survived the wedding this weekend! Can't say it was the most fun ever (bridesmaid ignoring and being rude to my OH because she had a disagreement with his mother last year, homophobic Minister who started the ceremony with a dig about 'marriage being between and man and a woman', drunk stepmother of the bride, all of OH's family having a go at him because he's moved to another city for work, typical drunk oil workers having p***ing contests over who earns more/has a bigger *ahem* etc. etc.) but thank goodness it's over!

Honestly, I'm *never* getting married! OH can ask until he's blue in the face. The answer is still no.
            Congratulations. Last wedding I went to was my brother's. He and his partner were finally able to get married after 34 years of being together. The homophobe minister at the wedding you went to would have gone into cardiac arrest if he'd been at this one. It was lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Congratulations. Last wedding I went to was my brother's. He and his partner were finally able to get married after 34 years of being together. The homophobe minister at the wedding you went to would have gone into cardiac arrest if he'd been at this one. It was lovely.
              That's fantastic! My friend Sam married his husband last year, unfortunately we couldn't go but the photos were fantastic. Hey, I'm not up for getting married but it's nice that everyone can if they choose to now.

As for this weekend, I hope there weren't any gay people at the wedding, I'm straight and *I* wanted to punch the Minister in the face after the first 30 seconds! The guy was a bit of an arrogant a-hole TBH. Of course, the family all loved him *sigh*. Oh well, I have a wedding with a full Catholic mass to attend this weekend - the joys! (Half my family is Catholic and I've had to sit through them before, I'm gonna need a yoyo and maybe a dram beforehand to get thru that!)

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                That's fantastic! My friend Sam married his husband last year, unfortunately we couldn't go but the photos were fantastic. Hey, I'm not up for getting married but it's nice that everyone can if they choose to now.

As for this weekend, I hope there weren't any gay people at the wedding, I'm straight and *I* wanted to punch the Minister in the face after the first 30 seconds! The guy was a bit of an arrogant a-hole TBH. Of course, the family all loved him *sigh*. Oh well, I have a wedding with a full Catholic mass to attend this weekend - the joys! (Half my family is Catholic and I've had to sit through them before, I'm gonna need a yoyo and maybe a dram beforehand to get thru that!)
                Pennsylvania just voted for marriage equality a couple of days ago. That makes the 14th consecutive ruling in the US in favor of marriage equality. A couple of friends of mine had a ceremony a few months ago, but with the new ruling, they are now going to do an official wedding. So happy for them.

Comment

On another topic completely...my sister has restored just a little bit of my faith in her. Long story short, my sister and I don't talk, because of whatever issues she can't or won't deal with. My oldest nephew is graduating from high school next month, and I've been waiting, with baited breath.
                  She already called my mom a couple of weeks ago to see if she was going to be there (to which my mom, of course, answered yes, emphatically). Well, the invitation came in the mail yesterday. My mom just showed it to me because my sister just answered her text message. The invitation actually includes me!
                  I don't know if you have any idea how huge this is. If she hadn't invited me...that would have just about put the last nail in the coffin of our "relationship" (on my end). There's only so much a person can take.

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
                    On another topic completely...my sister has restored just a little bit of my faith in her. Long story short, my sister and I don't talk, because of whatever issues she can't or won't deal with. My oldest nephew is graduating from high school next month, and I've been waiting, with baited breath.
                    She already called my mom a couple of weeks ago to see if she was going to be there (to which my mom, of course, answered yes, emphatically). Well, the invitation came in the mail yesterday. My mom just showed it to me because my sister just answered her text message. The invitation actually includes me!
                    I don't know if you have any idea how huge this is. If she hadn't invited me...that would have just about put the last nail in the coffin of our "relationship" (on my end). There's only so much a person can take.
                    That's fantastic, Brendini! At least you can be part of your nephew's life even if things aren't completely fixed with your sister. It's so sad when a parent's arguments impact their kids' lives too.

Comment

So you'll be going to the graduation Brendini?

My brothers haven't talked to each other for almost a year, mostly because their wives don't get along. Its so frustrating, especially since they used to be so close before they both got married. I'm going over to visit them next month and I'm so tempted to drag them both out without their wives around and tell them we're going to sit down and sort this s**t out right then and there.

Comment

My brother and I don't much talk to my sister because she's made some exhausting life choices and keeps asking up to fix them. It's just gotten easier not to talk to her.
                        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

yeah that's sad when people hold a grudge for so long they've long forgotten the event that caused the rift in the first place but yet can't seem to let go of the grudge

another pet peeve of mine is people who manufacture arguments out of thin air....like dietary lifestyles.....you wouldn't believe the vehement arguments I've come across...online and offline....about what people eat! sheesh! is your life that sad that you need to make an argument out of what other people are eating?

I'm as far from vegan or even vegetarian for that matter as you can get...I eat meat and am darn proud of it (it means I can more readily get my vitamin B-12 without having to purchase it in supplement form ).....but you don't see me making fun of vegetarians or vegans or paleos or what have you....so I don't know why veggies and vegans have this tendency to argue with meat-eaters....and vice versa......boggles the mind it does......just let people eat whatever they darn well please

Comment

The "funny" thing is, there was no event to cause a grudge, other than me not being perfect and thin and like her. Things didn't get really bad until after my dad and grandma died. Then she didn't have to "perform" any more, there was no one she cared if she ticked off. Actually, I don't think most of my family knows that she and I don't talk.
                            What upsets me is the effect it's had on the relationship with my nephews (both mine and my mom's). They are my mom's only grandkids. (More than likely, I won't be contributing anything to that, at this rate.)
                            I will be at the graduation with bells on. I would have found a way to be there, even if I hadn't been invited.
                            What's really cool (to me anyways lol) is he is graduating in the same auditorium my sister and I both graduated in.

Comment

Beautiful day in Toronto today.

Had a huge Roque is a Blonde moment.. I'm blonde and have very fair skin. Of course with me being Scottish/British... whatever... it was very much... "oh look Chelle! Sunshine!"

Now I'm burnt. Yeah. Best of it is.. we bought sun cream! And left it at the hotel. Cause we're smart like that.

Awesome.
                              Last edited by roque872002; 22 May 2014, 05:29 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by Nola
                              Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

There's enough sun in Toronto to get burnt?

Is there a thread on this forum where we single folk can rant about the terrible dates we've been on? I swear I've had it with these ridiculous games. Just about ready to get some cats and call it quits.

Comment

Working...
                                X