This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cess525 View Post
    Depends, you going for the roller coasters, the historic section or the awesome restaurants they have in the area. I don't live near there but my family has always rooted for W&M athletics and so, I pretty much grew up there during football season.

You could just hop over 3 or so hours to the west and see me...unless of course you are going in the beginning of May when I will be in Richmond

As for the stone...have you tried yelling it out? I know you have had to of heard that cranberry juice helps everything kidney related but I have found its all lies (no stones for me thankfully but I have heard many a people say it doesn't work).
    All of the above .... But, always love good food recommendations.

They now say cranberry juice is a fallacy!! Nothing with sugar in it! Water with lemons is the latest craze!! They even deny the effectiveness of beer!!!

Breaking down and visiting the Urologist in the AM!! Not that I expect anything new there

teehee!!

Oh and indeed you are Chattie Cathy Two Kliggers!!!
    sigpic
    SCORE!!
    The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
      All of the above .... But, always love good food recommendations.

They now say cranberry juice is a fallacy!! Nothing with sugar in it! Water with lemons is the latest craze!! They even deny the effectiveness of beer!!!

Breaking down and visiting the Urologist in the AM!! Not that I expect anything new there
      Hopefully the Urologist has some nice news for you...or it magically dies without him tonight.
      Williamsburg
      Spoiler:

As for roller coasters, I love Busch Gardens you really can't go wrong there... I have never had a bad time there even the day it rained ALL.DAY...the lines were short. I love Apollo's chariot for the pure fact it doesn't make me car sick...thanks to William I now get motion sick sometimes...I haven't tried any of the loop coasters at Busch Gardens after I blacked out twice in Orlando at Universal. (Darn William, I used to live on the coasters!) LochNess is like a baby coaster; it goes loop de loop but...I don't know if it really counts as a big one since its been around for so long and it seems nice

As for Colonial Williamsburg. You can walk and go into the shops for free but if you want the history lesson you have to get a pass and if you get a pass make sure its the one with the Governor's Palace ability on it. (I think they did away with the 2 different types of day passes but just in case just make sure since I didn't buy the tickets last time... ) the gardens at the Governor's Palace are beautiful and they have a really neat maze you can go through...not awesome when your daughter needs to go potty...

DOG street (Duke of Glouster Street) (on the skirts of Colonial Williamsburg) has some neat shops (always a fan of the Toy Store...), The Peanut Shop that has free samples of EVERY PEANUT and a really yummy sandwich shop called The Cheese Shop that is awesome. We usually get sandwiches from here and take them to the game or the sunken garden which is on the W&M campus (near the football stadium heading the opposite way from Colonial Williamsburg on DOG street). There is also the Fat Canary that is great for dinner. Second Street which is just around the corner from Colonial Williamsburg is also great for dinner. Both are a bit on the fancier side but are great eats.

You can also rent bikes from the Williamsburg lodge and ride up and down the streets of Colonial Williamsburg. I haven't done that in years (hard to do with kids) but once we get William on 2 wheels we are going to do it again.

There are of course the outlets but ....you probably have those in Atlanta

Of course a hop skip and a jump away is Yorktown and Jamestown...if you are going the history route and if you want to see some really cool plantation houses on your drive to Williamsburg I can find out from my dad the road to take instead of 64 when you head out from Richmond if you are driving...its a windy country road but its beautiful and hasn't lost any of its charm...at least it hadn't when we drove it 2 years ago...the way things get built up I hope its still windy and country...going to have to ask dad about that regardless.

Sure sign I need to go to bed...I am talking/typing to much...hubby just said "typing like it's serious business"...guess that's the sign to go to bed
      Last edited by cess525; 22 April 2014, 08:18 PM.
      sigpic
      GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

Since this isn't my first stone .... BOTH!!!

*sigh*

teehee!!
        Not your first? *faints*

sigpic

Comment

Since this isn't my first stone .... BOTH!!!

*sigh*

teehee!!
          I know it's not your first. They're just miserable.

Spoiler:
          Prevention requires lots of food changes, and both passing and prevention are helped with large amounts of water consumption. ironically, the pain comes from the fact that there's fluid build up above the blockage. I managed to pass one with a drink and jump method. Hub went the litho route. Now we're both hitting the water to beat the band.
          There are some herbs that help with 'prevention.' Also, supplements in pill form, are not a good idea (meaning vitamins).
          sigpic

Comment

Round Fifty Eight!! is Officially Over!!

Nawww!! Let's Do Friday!!!

And the DJ says this disc is chipped and should go in the bin...

Monday, Monday - The Mamas and The Papas - 1966

Spoiler:

3 Monday, Monday - The Mamas and The Papas - 1966
            2 For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield

Spoiler:
            3 For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield
            3 Monday, Monday - The Mamas and The Papas - 1966
            2 House of the Rising Sun – The Animals - 1966
            2 Knights In White Satin - Moody Blues - 1967
            2 People are Strange - The Doors - 1967
            2 Sunshine of your love - Cream
            2 These Boots Are Made for Walkin' - Nancy Sinatra - 1966
            1 Break On Through (To the Other Side) - The Doors - 1967
            1 Purple Haze - The Jimi Hendrix Experience - 1967
            1 Wild Thing – The Troggs - 1966
            1 You Can’t Hurry Love – The Supremes – 1966
            A Whiter Shade of Pale – Procol Harum – 1967 Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison - 1967
            Creeque Alley - Mamas and Papas
            Eleanor Rigby – The Beatles – 1966 -
            Penny Lane - The Beatles - 1967
            Somebody to Love - Jefferson Airplane - 1967

So On To Round Fifty Nine!

The survivors -- whats left to vote for!! just clickie!

Pick Your 4 Four!!! least favorite!!!!!

teehee!
            sigpic
            SCORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
              I know it's not your first. They're just miserable.

Spoiler:
              Prevention requires lots of food changes, and both passing and prevention are helped with large amounts of water consumption. ironically, the pain comes from the fact that there's fluid build up above the blockage. I managed to pass one with a drink and jump method. Hub went the litho route. Now we're both hitting the water to beat the band.
              There are some herbs that help with 'prevention.' Also, supplements in pill form, are not a good idea (meaning vitamins).
              Drink and Jump Method???

teehee!!
              sigpic
              SCORE!!

Comment

Drink and Jump Method???

teehee!!
                Spoiler:
                The method involves drinking about 32 ounces at a time, and then using the build up, if you jump several times in a row, like jumping rope... between gravity and the fluid, the stone should move on down the ureter. It depends on the size of the stone. The smaller ones are really the only kind that will probably pass that way. Mine was somewhere around 4mm, tho the doctor read it as a 5, but the x-rays always magnify it. It was a method I read about in a kidney-stone Yahoo group... back when I lived in Dallas. It took a couple of days to finally get it out.
                sigpic

Comment

Round 59

For What It’s Worth – Buffalo Springfield
                  House of the Rising Sun – The Animals
                  How Can I Be Sure – Young Rascals
                  People are Strange – The Doors
                  sigpic

Comment

For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield
                    Knights In White Satin - Moody Blues - 1967
                    Purple Haze - The Jimi Hendrix Experience - 1967
                    Sunshine of your love - Cream
                    sigpic
                    GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

ainty, is the 'what's left to vote for' up to date?

People are Strange - The Doors
                      These Boots Are Made for Walkin' - Nancy Sinatra
                      Wild Thing - Troggs
                      You Can’t Hurry Love – The Supremes
                      Last edited by raduzhok; 29 April 2014, 05:31 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Eleanor Rigby
                        I Can See For Miles
                        People are Strange
                        Purple Haze

And in case one of the above has already been voted off:
                        NoWhere Man

(Where the heck have I been? I don't know! But I think I missed crossing some songs off my list. I think I'm having weird seasonal allergy time-loss issues. )

Comment

For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield
                          House of the Rising Sun – The Animals - 1966
                          Knights In White Satin - Moody Blues - 1967
                          People are Strange - The Doors - 1967
                          sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Callista!

sigpic

Comment

happy birthday callista!!!!!
                              sigpic