X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelin' Man
    Lola

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Tie Breaker

Heard it thru the Grapevine - Credence Clearwater Revial
      Lola - The Kinks

This tie breaker makes me feel really sad.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
        This tie breaker makes me feel really sad.

awwww .... hugs!!!

here this made me think of you!! maybe it will make you feel better!!!

teehee!!
        sigpic
        SCORE!!
        The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
          Heard it thru the Grapevine - Credence Clearwater Revial - 1970
          Travelin Band - Creedence Clearwater Revial – 1970

so how goes it ... eh???

teehee!!
          sigpic
          SCORE!!

Comment

Overzealous!!

Travelin Band - Creedence Clearwater Revial - 1970

teehee!!
            sigpic
            SCORE!!

Comment

Ainty's vote makes me really sad

In the end it was an easy vote, because I not voting against Heard it thru the Grapevine in this tourney - EVER.

TIE BREAKER

Lola - The Kinks
              Travelin Band - Creedence Clearwater Revial

I'm afraid to watch the game, this is the scenario we've blown too may times this year. Bottom of the 9th tied 5-5. Got to sit in agaony and hope we get 3 outs before any disaster.
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                Ainty's vote makes me really sad

In the end it was an easy vote, because I not voting against Heard it thru the Grapevine in this tourney - EVER.

TIE BREAKER

Lola - The Kinks
                Travelin Band - Creedence Clearwater Revial

I'm afraid to watch the game, this is the scenario we've blown too may times this year. Bottom of the 9th tied 5-5. Got to sit in agaony and hope we get 3 outs before any disaster.

either you are really in angst or you broke down and had a drink!!!

you never have this many typos!!

teehee!!
                sigpic
                SCORE!!

Comment

I only see 1 typo in what you quoted (but you are right I did fix 2 others) - Cards made it thru the 9th but lost in the 10th.
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Really, this just seems so wrong....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

6-18-2011 WHERE IN THE WORLD IS NAONAK?

Job Description: "An out of this world career: Travel will be necessary; a head for time management a requisite; expect the unexpected; no claustrophobics need apply."

ONE - The Doctor, in need of a new traveling companion, stops by my office, seeking a recommendation. Looking over my list of recent graduates, there is no doubt that Naonak will be just the right candidate. I ask only that I receive periodic memos on how he is working out.

In this assignment, Naonak is contracted to work on the chameleon circuit for the type 40 TARDIS. As Nak begins this project, the tardis takes on the shape of a cow in the basement of a Harvard University laboratory; a Stargate on Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy; the sculpture in front Global Dynamics in Eureka, and doorway on a dock at a marina in Cardiff, Wales. The last attempt manifested the fuselage of Oceanic 815.

TWO - Shipping Naonak off through the gate. His party is the last off of the planet before KABOOM! He is now SGC's head Archeologist. This is no longer a hunt and seek mission. It is now survival of the human race. Arriving at the offworld Beta Site, Naonak is assigned a stunning assistant, he is now in charge of locating any signs of technology that will allow the proliferation of the Taur'i. No Pressure. You can start breathing again. You are talented, first discovery? Ba'als cloning machine.

THREE - Sam and Dean Winchester need his help averting the 2012 Apocalypse so they enlist his help to go dig up some Mayan in South America so they can salt and burn his bones. The mission is a success and Nak discovers that escaping from Mexican authorities at Chichen Itza is not as easy as it looks.

FOUR - Now that Nak is my new lackey, I mean, valued employee! I will send him out to dig up our 'sand pit'. Heh heh. Who knows what he might find in there. He's still digging.

FIVE - Pompei. Where he finds proof that the Doctor was there with the TARDIS.

SIX - I'd send him to Little Diomede Island to discover what he can about the ancient land bridge between Siberia and Alaska. (shivering his poor boots off, of course) What he finds: Sarah Palin really CAN see Russia from her house!

SEVEN - I'll send Nak to Crete to help with the ongoing excavations around the Palace of Knossos. In addition to lots of potsherds and double-headed axes, he discovers a maze-like area below the currently exposed ruins. After many false starts and much confusion in mapping the underground ruins, he finally stumbles upon a large inner room in which he finds many small human skeletal remains as well as one very large mostly humanoid skeleton complete with horns and a somewhat bovine-shaped skull. Oh yeah, there's also a stone with three languages written on it: Linear A, Phoenician, and strangely enough an excerpt in English of H.G. Wells' "The Time Machine".

EIGHT - I want Nak to travel to Spain to see if Atlantis is really there, as it is reported here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ats-Spain.html

NINE - Naonak is being sent to the following to help out. Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville archaeological site vandalized History mystery solved: Boxed bones found underground in Soulard part of 19th century cemetery Plus he can always go over to Cahokia Mounds One of the greatest cities of the world, Cahokia was larger than London was in AD 1250. The Mississippians who lived here were accomplished builders who erected a wide variety of structures from practical homes for everyday living to monumental public works that have maintained their grandeur for centuries.clickie the blue parts

TEN - Where?: the southern Levant, ie. Israel, Jordan, the southern bit of Syria
                      What would he finds?: Some kind of Late Bronze Age Hittite material

ELEVEN - Off to dig in Egypt. You know they have supposedly found all those awesome hidden pyramids the hope is they were un looted and full of goodies. Well Nak couldn’t believe what he found. I mean out of all things he found a nice half used roll of Duct Tape…yeah you hear me a thousands of year old roll of Duct Tape…who knew His new Boss man was so excited not only did he give Nak a BIG RAISE but he also made him the big man
                      Last edited by aintright; 21 July 2011, 10:58 AM.
                      sigpic
                      SCORE!!

Comment

So we finally have this together!! Here is how it goes!

Decide who played which scenario for our Nakster!! Each one is numbered - so list the scenario # and who you think owns it!!

Everyone - including Nak (except for CM and Kliggs) wrote one.

So submit your most educated guesses ... *snicker* ... the usual ... trade yourself out for someone else. Put your answers in spoilers ... as always NO PEEKIE!!!

CM and Kliggs feel free to jump in at this point!!

Nak - you need to pick which scenario is your fave -- can't pick your own of course!!! PM it to me.

The person with the most correct guesses --- Freebie Song

The person who own's Nak's fave --- Freebie Song

a little on the side for me to chance winning something --- if more peeps pick which scenario is Nak's than mine = ainty Freebie Song!

Course Nak automatically gets a Freebie Song --- Congrats GRAD!!!

teehee!!
                        sigpic
                        SCORE!!

Comment

Nak and Cess are missing .... i am sure they would each vote for Lola ... not sure on the other song. It wouldn't impact the outcome .... so off to post it!!

teehee!!
                          sigpic
                          SCORE!!

Comment

Round THIRTY EIGHT is Officially Over!!

The Travelin Band Is On Permanent Hiatus!!!

And the DJ says this disc is chipped and should go in the bin...

Travelin Band - Creedence Clearwater Revial - 1970

Spoiler:
                            10 Travelin Band - Creedence Clearwater Revial - 1970
                            7 Heard it thru the Grapevine - Credence Clearwater Revial - 1970
                            5 Lola - The Kinks - 1970

Spoiler:
                            5 Heard it thru the Grapevine - Credence Clearwater Revial - 1970
                            5 Lola - The Kinks - 1970
                            5 Travelin Band - Creedence Clearwater Revial - 1970
                            4 Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo - Rick Derringer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj5_P999UMo - 1970
                            4 Tangerine - Led Zeppelin - 1970
                            4 You've Got a Friend - James Taylor - 1971
                            3 An Old Fashioned Love Song – Three dog night – 1971
                            3 Imagine - John Lennon - 1971
                            3 Iron Man - Black Sabbath - 1971
                            3 Just My Imagination - The Temptations - 1971
                            3 Maggie May - Rod Stewart - 1970
                            3 Take Me Home, Country Roads - John Denver - 1971
                            2 American Woman - The Guess Who - 1970
                            2 Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Queen - Santana - 1970
                            2 Cecilia - Simon and Garfunkel - 1970
                            2 El Condor Pasa - Simon and Garfunkel - 1970
                            2 Indian Reservation – Paul Revere & the Raiders – 1971
                            2 Love the One You're With - Stephen Stills - 1970
                            2 Mandolin Wind - Rod Stewart - 1970
                            2 Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin - 1970
                            2 Sweet City Woman - The Stampeders - 1971
                            2 When the Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin - 1971
                            1 Bridge Over Troubled Water – Simon & Garfunkel – 1971
                            1 Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin - 1970
                            1 L.A. Woman – The doors - 1971
                            1 Layla - Derek and the Dominoes
                            1 Looking Out My Back Door - Credence Clearwater Revial - 1970
                            1 Me and Bobby McGee - Janis Joplin - 1970
                            1 Paranoid - Black Sabbath - 1970
                            1 Since I've Been Loving You - Led Zeppelin - 1970
                            1 Teach Your Children – Crosby, Nash, Stills & Young – 1970
                            1 Up Around the Bend - CCR - 1970
                            1 Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones - 1971
                            1 Without You - Nilsson - 1971
                            Baba O'Riley - The Who - 1971
                            Fire and Rain - James Taylor - 1970
                            Get It On - T.Rex - 1971 [
                            Have You Ever Seen the Rain? - Creedence Clearwater Revival - 1971
                            Joy to the World – Three Dog Night - 1970
                            Let it Be - The Beatles - 1970
                            Love her madly - the doors – 1971
                            Riders on the storm – the doors – 1971
                            Roadhouse Blues - The Doors - 1970 [COLOR="red"]
                            Rock and Roll - Led Zeppelin - 1971
                            Roundabout - Yes - 1971
                            Who'll Stop the Rain - CCR - 1970
                            Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who - 1971
                            Woodstock - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young - 1970

So On To Round THIRTY NINE!!

The survivors -- whats left to vote for!! just clickie!

Pick Your 6 SIX! least favorite!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

teehee!!
                            sigpic
                            SCORE!!

Comment

Iron Man - Black Sabbath - 1971
                              Lola - The Kinks - 1970
                              Maggie May - Rod Stewart - 1970
                              Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo - Rick Derringer
                              Tangerine - Led Zeppelin - 1970
                              sigpic

Comment

Round 39

1. American Woman – The Guess Who
                                2. Heard It Through the Grapevine – Creedence Clearwater Revival
                                3. Looking Out My Back Door – Creedence Clearwater Revival
                                4. Stairway to Heaven – Led Zeppelin
                                5. Sweet City Woman – The Stampeders
                                6. Up Around The Bend – Creedence Clearwater Revival
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X