This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SqueeG-1 View Post
    Favourite Decoration: Would have to be my "Santa in a jar". It's a little, tiny Santa. Trapped in a mason jar. But don't worry, there are holes punched in the lid so he can breathe.

I take him to work to freak out new co-workers. That and my alien stocking.
    Only you Squee

Adrianne
    (I'm so proud to be part of her :;Sigh:: )
    If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
    It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
      Unless I'm totally misunderstanding the smiley (sadly, that's entirely possible), it's you that had better watch your back....

Oo
      ::Watching ::

Adrianne
      If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasusc View Post
        Really? Only Catholics call it Mass? Didn't know that.
        Wiki Mass

The New Advent: Catholic Encyclopedia

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
          Hmmmmm, favorite ornament. Let's see. There's the fire alarm ornament that I hang on my tree that is supposed to alert us if the tree goes up in a blaze of glory. When I arm it every year by plugging in the 9-volt battery it emits the most horrendous screech I've ever heard. Sooooo, that one is not my favorite. I guess my favorite decorations are my kids' stockings because they're the only things I've ever actually sewed. (Other than buttons.) I think they're quite pretty.
          LOL! LOL!

:;Slips Callista a Host Application:: I love the way you word things, I really do

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

*grunt -- groan* ahh !! *drag* ouch!! *centers properly* *climbs short self up!!!* OK!!!
            *AINTY ON HER SOAP BOX!!!*

Spoiler:
            OK for those of you who keep insisting on voting for the most incredible, beautiful, heart wrenching, amazing Christmas Carol poke WT (poke)

here are a couple reditions -- my fave is Josh Groban *chills* Ainty's Fave!!

a close 2nd -- Celine!! also powerful

The lyrics!! just in case!!

this one just resounds the hope Christmas represents!!! *sigh*

Its really so simple -- he just wants us to be Happy -- why do we always want to make it sooooo complicated!

His law is love and His gospel is peace
            Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother
            And in His name all oppression shall cease

anyone still here!!!

ok done!!!

Merry Christmas all!!! Tis the Season to celebrate and have great fun sooooo lets PARTY!!!! WOOHOO!!!
            teehee!
            sigpic
            SCORE!!
            The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Aint, thanks for letting us know what your favorite song is. I think I've been voting for it I think

My point ... I will change my vote and not vote for your favorite Because I so appreciate your making this thread/tourney. I love discussing/praising my Savior without fear

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

and a little late .... but hopefully not too ......

Happy Chanukkah

and for those of you who do not know the way too cool history behind Chanukkah!

my grandmother was jewish and i spent a few years in south florida in a predominantly jewish population so i got to learn alot. since Jesus was jewish i always wanted to learn more about what he would have done as a man! i even have a dreidel and know how to play! always loved the stories and rich heritage behind times such a Chanukkah and Passover and ......

teehee!
                sigpic
                SCORE!!
                The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

1 White Christmas
                  2 Joy to the World
                  3 Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
                  4 O Little Town Of Bethlehem
                  5 Silent Night
                  6 Gloria in Excelsis Deo Do You Hear What I Hear?

Shoot! I have water in the microwave I forgot about
                  It's not nearly as hot as I like it anymore

Anyhow, my favorite decoration ...
                  There are so many. I collect Lenox decorations ... but I also collect Hallmark decorations. I LOVE Tweety and I collect Tweety decorations. Just this year I got two religious Lenox decorations. I got a Cross & a Fish. But ... My Mom got me a Christmas Moose door decoration and I'd have to say that that's probably my favorite I love Moose

I collect so much stuff being a nun is going to be tough To give up all those possessions

Adrianne
                  Last edited by AdrianneP; 21 December 2006, 04:24 PM. Reason: All this plotting has had me rethinking my votes : /

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
                    Aint, thanks for letting us know what your favorite song is. I think I've been voting for it I think

My point ... I will change my vote and not vote for your favorite Because I so appreciate your making this thread/tourney. I love discussing/praising my Savior without fear

Adrianne
                    Thanks, Adrianne, that's my favorite too, and I agree, I love being able to talk freely about Him too.
                    46-43! and 45-44! and 49-22-11!!
                    sigpic
                    Ain't it good to know you've got a friend. ~ Carole King

Comment

O Holy Night

This is my favorite part ...

Fall on your knees, O hear the angel voices!

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
                        *grunt -- groan* ahh !! *drag* ouch!! *centers properly* *climbs short self up!!!* OK!!!

Spoiler:
                        OK for those of you who keep insisting on voting for the most incredible, beautiful, heart wrenching, amazing Christmas Carol poke WT (poke)

Its really so simple -- he just wants us to be Happy -- why do we always want to make it sooooo complicated!

His law is love and His gospel is peace
                        Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother
                        And in His name all oppression shall cease

anyone still here!!!

ok done!!!

Merry Christmas all!!! Tis the Season to celebrate and have great fun sooooo lets PARTY!!!! WOOHOO!!!
                        teehee!
                        I'm with you, Ainty. This is my favourite carol and I can't believe that the horrible people nice folks here are voting for it!
                        sigpic

Comment

Gloria in Excelsius Deo
                          It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
                          Joy to the World
                          Oh Little Town of Bethllehem
                          The Little Drummer Boy
                          White Christmas

My favorite ornament is a ceramic Platypus with a Santa hat that I ran across quite by accident. I don't know how it is in Australia, but around here it is VERY difficult to find platypus anything. My collection isn't very big, I'm afraid....(at least compared to my sister's collection of rabbits).

Oh Holy Night is my favorite Christmas carol, too! The first verse always makes me cry. I had high hopes at the beginning when it wasn't getting any votes, but I'm a bit worried now. I know it can be a difficult song to sing--and an oh-so-easy song to mangle, but when it's done right, there is nothing more beautiful. And appropriate to the season.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Round 13

1. The Little Drummer Boy
                            2. The First Noel
                            3. White Christmas
                            4. Carol of the Bells
                            5. Do You Hear What I Hear?
                            6. Handel’s Messiah
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post

I just LOVE that song too!!! It's the only english one that we learned in chorus...

My (difficult) vote:

Do You Hear What I Hear?
                              Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
                              It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
                              O Little Town Of Bethlehem
                              The Little Drummer Boy
                              The First Noel

My favourite decoration???
                              I would have to say my ONLY decoration, since I moved a couple of weeks ago from my family’s house (Woohoo, finally!!!)
                              My aunt gave it to me so that I would have some Xmas spirit in my new home. It’s a red puffy star with the face of a bear, to hang up in the front door (where it is right now). The head is put in a way that the other four points of the star seem arms and legs, and the Xmas star-bear is dressed for Xmas with a hat and a green scarf. I love it!!!

And of course, beyond decoration, there’s the Manger/Crib (which is the correct english word for pesebre?) that I bought last week, because the most important thing is, as someone here said, “the reason for the season”. Since I don’t have much furniture yet, I put it on top of a box, with some candles that I have.
                              Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                              (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucreleia View Post
                                My favourite decoration???
                                I would have to say my ONLY decoration, since I moved a couple of weeks ago from my family’s house (Woohoo, finally!!!)
                                My aunt gave it to me so that I would have some Xmas spirit in my new home. It’s a red puffy star with the face of a bear, to hang up in the front door (where it is right now). The head is put in a way that the other four points of the star seem arms and legs, and the Xmas star-bear is dressed for Xmas with a hat and a green scarf. I love it!!!

And of course, beyond decoration, there’s the Manger/Crib (which is the correct english word for pesebre?) that I bought last week, because the most important thing is, as someone here said, “the reason for the season”. Since I don’t have much furniture yet, I put it on top of a box, with some candles that I have.
                                AWWW! That's so cool! What a wonderful Christmas gift to yourself Your first own place. How cool!

"Creche" is the new word I learned this year, which is the Nativity. I never knew that before. Learning so many new words this past month Edit: Oo which reminds me. I teach 1st Grade Religious Ed (Catechesis) and I asked my students last week if they wanted to see what a manger looked like ... so I brought them out to the hall and showed them the manger set up on a table ... They pointed out Mary and Joseph and then one whispers, "Why doesn't Jesus have any clothes on?" It was so cute I'm like, "He was just born." It was just so cute It was interesting to see them get that Jesus started just like they did ...

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Working...
                                X