Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a fitting song for me right now ...

Hear it here

I Will Lift My Eyes
    Written by Bebo Norman and Jason Ingram

Spoiler:
    God, my God, I cry out
    Your beloved needs You now
    God, be near, calm my fear
    And take my doubt

Your kindness is what pulls me up
    Your love is all that draws me in

I will lift my eyes to the Maker
    Of the mountains I can’t climb
    I will lift my eyes to the Calmer
    Of the oceans raging wild
    I will lift my eyes to the Healer
    Of the hurt I hold inside
    I will lift my eyes, lift my eyes to You

God, my God, let Mercy sing
    Her melody over me
    God, right here all I bring
    Is all of me

‘Cause You are and You were and You will be forever
    The Lover I need to save me
    ‘Cause You fashioned the earth and You hold it together, God
    So hold me now

Adrianne
    If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
    It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
      7 - Into The West - Annie Lennox

I don't expect this one to go far but it is a beautiful song and I love Annie Lennox. Just warning you all to expect lotsa Eurythmics when we get to the relevant decades
      Fantastic song! In fact, i was listening to that song/soundtrack as i was studying just there. I'll second that one. (my 6th vote)

ETA:
      7. Requiem For A Dream - Clint Mansell (LotR Soundtrack) Epic.
      Last edited by Anubis69; 04 January 2007, 10:03 AM. Reason: Wrong composer

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

OK, I'll vote for:
        Originally posted by aintright View Post
        If you or Callista need another song to 2nd and make AINTY VERY VERY HAPPY!!!

The Kill -- 30 secs to mars
        Dang! I was too late.
        Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
        Okay dokey...that'll be my third vote.
        So, I'll vote for:
        Originally posted by Ronja View Post
        Dips! Hey girl Got any spare votes? Could u 2'd Everything Burns - Anastacia feat. Ben Moody
        Dang! Too late again!
        Originally posted by Lucreleia View Post
        As requested... DONE!!!
        Wait, maybe I wasn't too late after all. So for vote number 5 I'll second:
        and then on hands and knees still begging for

The Kill -- 30 secs to mars!!!! *sigh* pweasssssseeee -- *insert ronj's pweasies here*
        Originally posted by AdrianneP View Post
        This is a fitting song for me right now ...

I Will Lift My Eyes
        Written by Bebo Norman and Jason Ingram

Adrianne
        Thanks, Adrianne. That song was very fitting for me right now, too. My very good friend and church pastor died yesterday. He had a brain aneurism. He was only 53. There were, of course, a few silver linings....the biggest one being that his family donated his organs to help others (they don't tell how many people or who was helped, but I would assume at least 4 or 5 other people could be getting a new lease on life today because of him). Anyway, thanks for the song. (I didn't listen to it yet, I just read the words.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ronja View Post
          thank you!!
          I LOVE YOUR SMILEYS!

::Watching intently::

Adrianne

MEE TOO!!!!

hey lucreleia!!! you come from the land of the Mambo!!! hmmmm!!! tell some good latin singers -- *sigh* Ricky Martin and the likes teehee!!!
          No, no, no!

Argentina is not the land of the mambo but of the TANGO!
          See:
          - Example 1
          - Example 2 (by Piazzola, a true Master!)
          - Example 3: La Cumparsita (a classic)

And also we are not the land of the samba but of the ZAMBA!
          For example:
          - Zamba de mi Esperanza (one of my favourites)
          - Zamba del Pañuelo
          - Lunita Tucumana (another favourite of mine)

And Argentina is also the land of the Chacarera and the Chamamé

And if we talk about singers, I personally love Diego Torres.
          For example, Color Esperanza, Penélope, Tratar de estar mejor, and Que no me pierda.

Originally posted by GottaLoveDaniel View Post
          GG, sorry if I'm overlooking it, but I don't see one of my nominations on either list. It's Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy) by Big & Rich. This still needs a second too if anyone's interested!!!
          I am, I saw it in Youtube and it's kind of funny.
          So, here is my fourth vote, GG!
          Last edited by Lucreleia; 04 January 2007, 08:39 AM.
          Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
          (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
            Thanks, Adrianne. That song was very fitting for me right now, too. My very good friend and church pastor died yesterday. He had a brain aneurism. He was only 53. There were, of course, a few silver linings....the biggest one being that his family donated his organs to help others (they don't tell how many people or who was helped, but I would assume at least 4 or 5 other people could be getting a new lease on life today because of him). Anyway, thanks for the song. (I didn't listen to it yet, I just read the words.)
            OMG! Callista, I'm so sorry. I couldn't imagine. I'm very good friends with my priest and I would be absolutely devastated if he was to die on me ... ::Bear Hug::

I wasn't going to share this one because it's another Christian Pop song () ... but it's a good one and doesn't sound very Christian-y :unsure: But the video is very Christian-y

Gravity by Shawn Mcdonald

Adrianne
            ::Bear Hug again Callsita::
            If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Okay, Okay! I'm sorry but I really love music ...

Cut by Plumb

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
                Hurt - Johnny Cash It was written by a guy from Nine Inch Nails (if you've ever heard of them). It's a pretty moving song about regret in life, starting over, second chances - that sort of thing, I guess. Which is sad, because soon after he sang that song he died... (RIP, John )
                Looooooove that song so much. And the original Nine Inch Nails(Trent Resner) version is really good as well- but this one- it was like the song was written for him, especially with that heartbreaking video.

Comment

Hmmm--I have one vote left. I can't decide whether to nominate You and Me by Lifehouse or barter my vote to get one (or more!) of the following pushed through:

I Hate Everything About You - Three Days Grace
                  I Wanna Be a Rock Star - Nickelback (my, they're popular on the list)
                  Show Me How to Live - Audioslave
                  Without You I am Nothing - Bebo Norman

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                    Hmmm--I have one vote left. I can't decide whether to nominate You and Me by Lifehouse or barter my vote to get one (or more!) of the following pushed through:
                    Here you go, dear, I'll vote in your 4 with my votes 6-9:

I Hate Everything About You- Three Days Grace
                    I Wanna Be a Rock Star- Nickleback
                    Show Me How to Live- Audioslave
                    Without You I am Nothing- Bebo Norman

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post

I like it

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Here you go, dear, I'll vote in your 4 with my votes 6-9:

I Hate Everything About You- Three Days Grace
                        I Wanna Be a Rock Star- Nickleback
                        Show Me How to Live- Audioslave
                        Oh you are so kind!! I'd green you if I could.... (I'll owe you!).

Note to Gate Girl - the name of the Bebo Norman song is actually "Nothing Without You." That's what I get for relying on my memory!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

It is nice, isn't it?

I like the Bebo Norman song that you nominated, but I love this one....

Comment

Wait, maybe I wasn't too late after all. So for vote number 5 I'll second:

awwww Callista -- i am hurting for you!!! (((((Callista))))) -- remember he is better off than we!!! smiling now!!!

and will dampen my glee!!! for the 2nd!!! vote squeeeeee but i thanks you ohhh soooo kindly!!! woohoooooo!!!

teehee!

tried to heal -- but gw won't let me!!! sry again!!
                            sigpic
                            SCORE!!
                            The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

GG - I was looking thru the lists to see if I recognized any songs (No ) and I found 3 songs you need to take off.
                              Hold On, Fantasy Serenade, Suitcase Blues - not only was I only mentioning them when we were talking Triumph, but they aren't anywhere close to this decade.

Originally posted by L-JADE View Post
                              10. Hero - Enrique Iglesias
                              Woo hoo! Not only a song and artist I finally know, but a song I really really like. When I first saw this, I was sure it didn't fit since I have a very good X-Files video someone made to this song, but after searching Amazon it seems I'm very wrong. (Now I'm wondering when the video was made)
                              Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
                              Whiskey Lullaby - Brad Paisley featuring Alison Krause (did you already post this, Adrianne? Oh well...) It's like, your classic Country "done me wrong song". The harmony is very beautifull!! (there's also a BSG fan video with that song, if anyone cares)[/COLOR]
                              My Dad likes Alison Krause (although mostly her much earlier stuff).

So I'll actually vote for 2 songs
                              1. Hero - Enrique Iglesias - 2nd vote
                              2. Whiskey Lullaby - Brad Paisley featuring Alison Krause
                              Last edited by Thunderstorm; 04 January 2007, 03:44 PM.
                              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I am going to have a harder time, I think, narrowing down my 90s votes to 10

Adrianne

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Working...
                                X