Women: Can they drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    I'm afraid you'll have to prove you're a woman. Highly unlikely if your claims regarding your driving are true.
    Records stay mint if you're driving the passenger seat
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

The only thing worse than female drivers are elderly drivers. Its science
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        Records stay mint if you're driving the passenger seat
        No, that's "backseat driving", a specialty of females.

However, there is forward progress on this front. The advent of cell phones and GPS has rendered the inevitable feminine demand to stop and ask directions completely ridiculous.

Not sure where you are? Pull over, open the phone's navigation app, and bang, you know where you are ,and which way to go, without having to consult strangers.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          The only thing worse than female drivers are elderly drivers. Its science

The old farts have almost the most accidents.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            yep...hardest part of getting old is realizing you need to start becoming dependent on others to help you again after so many years of being a mostly independent adult and that you should retire from certain activities due to defects in your 5 senses (such as driving.....if you can't see properly then you shouldn't be driving)

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
              yep...hardest part of getting old is realizing you need to start becoming dependent on others to help you again after so many years of being a mostly independent adult and that you should retire from certain activities due to defects in your 5 senses (such as driving.....if you can't see properly then you shouldn't be driving)
              But aging affects different people at different rates and in different ways. In some ways, I feel every day of my 60+ years. In other aspects, I have noticed no undue deterioration. The DMV does retest vision at lic. renewal time.

But I think the biggest factor is what I call "situational awareness"; a general sense of what is going on in your immediate physical space. It seems to be one of the first things that goes as far as skills needed to drive safely as people age.

And there are some poor souls who were born without it altogether. Most of them don't survive till old age, though.

But anyway, In a large portion, we have to trust people's self-evaluation on this, unless there is a demonstrable problem for a person.

Comment

A huge thing here in Australia when accidents are reported is elderly drivers hitting the accelerator instead of the brake pedal in almost all cases or people with medical conditions who are driving that really shouldn't be. Somehow doctors here don't know how to say no.
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

A huge thing here in Australia when accidents are reported is elderly drivers hitting the accelerator instead of the brake pedal in almost all cases or people with medical conditions who are driving that really shouldn't be. Somehow doctors here don't know how to say no.
                  It happens here too. Its hard for a lot of people to take away a person's independence. A lot of the elderly can be in denial when they are no longer able to drive. Look at Annoyed's denial post for example
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

That sounds like your DMV requires a physical in order to renew your license. Is that the case there?

Comment

I got clipped in a hit and run the other day. I assume it was a female driver. Or at least an elderly driver
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                      X