• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon unbox

has anyone tried this use it pros cons
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

I love it.

I got the Fireflys and a couple of episodes of Atlantis from unbox, and SG-1 and several South Park episodes from iTunes. I think the cost is the same per episode on each. I watch them both on my computer. I think the video quality is much better on unbox than iTunes (I have absolutely no knowledge about file sizes, or other computery stuff, I just know it looks better.) Watching SG-1 on iTunes, there seem to be a lot of artifacts like when the guns are shooting, the flames seem to mess up the picture a bit...you know, it gets kind of blocky. I haven't noticed that on the Firefly or Atlantis episodes. It seems like it takes longer for the unbox stuff to download than the iTunes, which I'm sure makes sense to those of y'all who are computer savvy.
    I also like the customer service better with Amazon, but then I buy lots of books from them as well, so I'm used to their way of doing things.
    With iTunes, your page that shows what all you've bought is pretty bare-bones, but you can see everything at once. The unbox page has a picture beside everything you bought which takes up a lot of room, but if you like the pictures, I suppose it may be a plus. I'd say they're pretty equal as far as ease of use goes....if I can figure out how to use them, I'm sure most of you guys wouldn't have any problem at all with either.

Comment

Working...
    X