Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I kind of feel for Mio, I prefer color over B&W and I would prefer to watch all films and shows in color, not B&W. I really feel sorry for all of those people who had to live everyday of their lives in B&W. I mean, I don't think I could ever go back to viewing the world in only B&W. It must have been pretty boring until God, or whoever, invented color and everyone started seeing colors. I can't believe it took the universe bilions upon billions of years before color was invented. Oh well, we never go back to a B&W world again. [Really Big Sarcastic Tag]

PS: When I was little (like 5 or 6), I actually thought that.
    Seriously, as much as I prefer color films over B&W, the original B&W should be viewed as such. If someone wants to colorize them, that's their business, but I won't be watching it... too often. (Excepetion to this rule was History Channel's "Color of War" series).

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
      Seriously, as much as I prefer color films over B&W, the original B&W should be viewed as such. If someone wants to colorize them, that's their business, but I won't be watching it... too often. (Excepetion to this rule was History Channel's "Color of War" series).
      I prefer to watch a movie/show in the manner in which the director meant it to be watched, that's all.

I don't think the "Color of War" series wasn't all colorized film. It included some rare color film taken in late WWII, Korea and Vietnam. I don't think it traveled well under those circumstances. I didn't watch a lot of that series, though.
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
        Whut's wrong with adding color? I'm sure the original producers would have liked to have the show in color if possible, so how is adding color bad?
        Originally posted by Anthro Girl
        Although he threatened to do it to Citizen Kane, that thankfully did not happen.
        Kane was never colorized because it was part of Orson Welles' contract that the film would remain as he made it, and specifically excluded changing the color. So it never will be colorized. Orson Welles was not only a genius, but also far ahead of his time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
          Only because the technology didn't exist at the time.
          Not true... It was just too exspensive to use in the for every day film. The US goverment used it to make WWII films in color.

Spoiler Space
          ****** USE IT *******
          SFA rank - Sgt-At-Arms

To find out more vist the FAQ

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogma of war!

Comment

Well, if you anti-black&white people won't listen to common sense from anyone here, maybe you'll listen to Roger Ebert... ...nah...

Originally posted by Roger Ebert
            Black and white is an artistic choice, a medium that has strengths and traditions, especially in its use of light and shadow. Moviegoers of course have the right to dislike b&w, but it is not something they should be proud of. It reveals them, frankly, as cinematically illiterate.

I have been described as a snob on this issue. But snobs exclude; they do not include. To exclude b&w from your choices is an admission that you have a closed mind, a limited imagination, or are lacking in taste.
            Source
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
              Well, if you anti-black&white people won't listen to common sense from anyone here, maybe you'll listen to Roger Ebert... ...nah...
              Ebert? pshaw!

Did anybody even read the article I linked to? If the studios really want to colorize something that was filmed in B&W, the the faces should be green. That's right, GREEN...the color of the makeup used to enhance contrast when B&W film was used.

BTW, I'm waiting for someone to suggest a colorized version of Schindler's List...

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                BTW, I'm waiting for someone to suggest a colorized version of Schindler's List...
                To be fair, parts of Schindler's List are colorized...
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                  To be fair, parts of Schindler's List are colorized...
                  True. Rather effective use of selective color, too.

Comment

Working...
                  X