Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religious Hypocrisy - If you can't laugh, whats the point in living?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Religious Hypocrisy - If you can't laugh, whats the point in living?

So you know how the religions are always accusing each other of being the wrong one, and how they are right, and they aren't violent, the other guys are? It gets old right? Well I think this comic probably says it all best:

http://www.filthylies.net/d/20060918.html
    Better add a PG-13 warning, just in case.

If you can't appreciate the inherent truth of that, you need to start drinking and lighten up.

ETA: PG-13 Warning
    Last edited by spg_1983; 18 September 2006, 08:36 AM.

LOL, I was wondering how long it would be before people with out a sense of humor started dinging me! Thanks TrustNo1! What exactly do you mean by "Crap" though?

Comment

crap1? /kræp/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[krap] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, crapped, crap?ping.

–noun 1. Vulgar. a. excrement.
      b. an act of defecation.

2. Slang (sometimes vulgar). a. nonsense; drivel.
      b. falsehood, exaggeration, propaganda, or the like.

3. refuse; rubbish; junk; litter: Will you clean up that crap!
      –verb (used without object) 4. Vulgar. to defecate.
      –verb (used with object) 5. Slang (sometimes vulgar). to talk nonsense to; attempt to deceive.
      —Verb phrases6. crap around, Slang (sometimes vulgar). a. to behave in a foolish or silly manner.
      b. to avoid work.

7. crap on, Slang (sometimes vulgar). a. to treat badly, esp. by humiliating, insulting, or slighting.
      b. to cause misery, misfortune, or discomfort.

8. crap up, Slang (sometimes vulgar). to botch, ruin, or cheapen; make a mess of.
      I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

It was kind of funny in a weird south park kind of way, but no where near as good as South Park. I think it was more vulgar and unnecessary than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by TrustNo1
          crap1? /kræp/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[krap] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, crapped, crap?ping.

–noun 1. Vulgar. a. excrement.
          b. an act of defecation.

2. Slang (sometimes vulgar). a. nonsense; drivel.
          b. falsehood, exaggeration, propaganda, or the like.

3. refuse; rubbish; junk; litter: Will you clean up that crap!
          –verb (used without object) 4. Vulgar. to defecate.
          –verb (used with object) 5. Slang (sometimes vulgar). to talk nonsense to; attempt to deceive.
          —Verb phrases6. crap around, Slang (sometimes vulgar). a. to behave in a foolish or silly manner.
          b. to avoid work.

7. crap on, Slang (sometimes vulgar). a. to treat badly, esp. by humiliating, insulting, or slighting.
          b. to cause misery, misfortune, or discomfort.

8. crap up, Slang (sometimes vulgar). to botch, ruin, or cheapen; make a mess of.
          Oh ho! My aren't we witty! So you do HAVE sense of humor, it is just limited!

Comment

SO good.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel_Sheppard
              It was kind of funny in a weird south park kind of way, but no where near as good as South Park. I think it was more vulgar and unnecessary than anything.
              Well of course its no South Park, but come on, what is? How was it more vulgar than neccesary? It has one vulgarity in the whole strip. One vulgarity devalues the whole sentiment?

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                Well of course its no South Park, but come on, what is? How was it more vulgar than neccesary? It has one vulgarity in the whole strip. One vulgarity devalues the whole sentiment?
                For the most part. I appreciate more high brow humor with large amounts of sarcasm. Very rarely do I find obsenity humorous.

Comment

For the most part. I appreciate more high brow humor with large amounts of sarcasm. Very rarely do I find obsenity humorous.
                  As do I, but the occasional invective serves to drive home a punchline or appropriately emphasize a point.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                    As do I, but the occasional invective serves to drive home a punchline or appropriately emphasize a point.
                    I agree. Infact, I'll look for a link later that is a mocumentary of Battlefield 2. It was some of the best stuff I've ever seen online.

Comment

LOL! I was gonna post a cartoon i saw in a tabloid over here but i couldn't find it.

It was basically God sitting at his desk, saying to his secretary: "No one asked if I wanted to be in any cartoons!"

... Well, i liked it!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I have a more general comment about religious themes. Today as I walked to class at my university there were a couple guys handing out gideon bibles. I respect their right to do that but there was something funny in a sad kind of way about religious people clutching at the heels of students trying to sway them to their viewpoint as the students head busily towards their science classes. Are they so desperate to make an impact on young people? What are they trying to do - squelch atheism and evolutionary science at the fount? I felt almost sorry for those guys so devoutly trying to make people 'see the light' -especically as they were rainsoaked.

Personally I feel humanity would be more united if they simply recognized that our moral values as human beings are not dependent on religion.

Comment

Originally posted by principia
                          I have a more general comment about religious themes. Today as I walked to class at my university there were a couple guys handing out gideon bibles. I respect their right to do that but there was something funny in a sad kind of way about religious people clutching at the heels of students trying to sway them to their viewpoint as the students head busily towards their science classes. Are they so desperate to make an impact on young people? What are they trying to do - squelch atheism and evolutionary science at the fount? I felt almost sorry for those guys so devoutly trying to make people 'see the light' -especically as they were rainsoaked.

Personally I feel humanity would be more united if they simply recognized that our moral values as human beings are not dependent on religion.
                          Well, some one could become christian from their efforts but if I were a missionary, that wouldn't be a tactic I'd use.

As for Science and Religion, I doubt either ideology is inherently opposed to each other, but people just make it that way. I believe in God, but I also believe evolution is a valid theory, and could very well have been the process of how God created man, just "Adam" was the first one who was capable of understanding God's law.

Comment

Well, some one could become christian from their efforts but if I were a missionary, that wouldn't be a tactic I'd use.

As for Science and Religion, I doubt either ideology is inherently opposed to each other, but people just make it that way. I believe in God, but I also believe evolution is a valid theory, and could very well have been the process of how God created man, just "Adam" was the first one who was capable of understanding God's law.

I agrfee. Religion and science are not mutually exclusive, for some people they intermingle quite nicely. If you are interested in the idea of god using evolution as method of creation you should look into Deism. Facinsating stuff.
                            "A friend is someone who stabs you in the front."

Ilshah, host to A’aaruk-GateWorld RP

Comment

Originally posted by Okohme
                              I agrfee. Religion and science are not mutually exclusive, for some people they intermingle quite nicely. If you are interested in the idea of god using evolution as method of creation you should look into Deism. Facinsating stuff.

You know, if you want, I can give you an argument that explains to "Intelligent Design" proponents why it can't be taught in public schools. One that actually works.

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
                              - Stephen Colbert
                              "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

Working...
                              X