Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't we stay away from this place (GW)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't we stay away from this place (GW)

Stupid Darren i think he put something in the smiles

does anyone else have a hard time leaving this place for a long period of time.

me i may be logged off but if i go by the computer i just have to lurk
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 07 August 2006, 07:01 AM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

OMG yes i tried to leave earlier and no matter what i did i just had to come back!
    "Build a man a fire and he will stay warm through the night, set a man on fire and he will stay warm for eternity"

Comment

I can't stay away from this place because I don't know how to leave...
      no I joined this place like two months before I ever posted.. I ignored it for another forum but know I love it oh so much I just can't help myself
      You can never really know some completely. That's why it's the most terrifying thing in the world, really - taking someone on faith, hoping they'll take you on faith too. It's such a precarious balance, it's a wonder we do it at all. And yet...
      -Libba Bray

Comment

I'm leaving for Portland Oregon in six days and will be gone for more than a week and I keep thinking Man, I'm gunna be SO behind in the forum when I get back! lol Not that I ever truely know what's going on...
        What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?

Spoiler:
        I made a big decision a little while ago.
        I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
        That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
        Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
        Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
        Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
        Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
        And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

Bill Waterson, "The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

I cant imagine what Id do being gone that long lol and I agree Im so confused half the time
          people here can be ..ahem...strange
          kidding im strange too
          You can never really know some completely. That's why it's the most terrifying thing in the world, really - taking someone on faith, hoping they'll take you on faith too. It's such a precarious balance, it's a wonder we do it at all. And yet...
          -Libba Bray

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds

does anyone else haver a hard time leaving this place for a long period of time.

It becomes habitual capt. mal, BTW...is that Darla from Buffy in your avatar?
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
              It becomes habitual capt. mal, BTW...is that Darla from Buffy in your avatar?
              (avatar) no !!!!
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I think I get vaguely lonely when I'm not at univ., so I spend WAY more time on the boards when I'm on vacation like right now. But I do return here quite frequently, just people are actually talking about something I'm interested in talking about usually.

Comment

Hey Aeromathlete and yeah could point shared interest
                  -Libba Bray

Comment

I think it was Steve Martin that said:

IT'S WACKY AND WONDERFUL!

and it is not boring either!

Comment

does anyone else haver a hard time leaving this place for a long period of time.

MAGNETS!!
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Gateworld....

Its like crack for our eyes, fingers, the need to see if anyone responded to a post in the last 4 seconds, and other things that I can't remember right now....

Its sad really... I have to do some work for my job or school on a computer and most of the time I end up here. Half of the time I don't realize that I'm doing it, but I come here more often then I check my mail. Then there was a time that I was Banned from all the computers in my school cause I surffed to here, I had some free time to kill before my next class.... Studip Civil War Teacher... had to nark on me...
                        There is a reason why I do certain stuff... and that is just 30 % of the time. The rest.. I just wing it.

Comment

I think there is something in the smilies. I know I haven't been a member for all that long, but I've lurked on and off for about 6 months. But now I just can't stay away. I'm here like every day, even if I'm not posting. There's always at least one GW page open
                          sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                          "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                          My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

I've been on all day literally, last night I was on till 2am. I have a wireless router now which means I can go on whenever I want now so I'm on more than usual and it's pretty scary how much I go on now

sigpic
                            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

wow Mal!!! youre right......at first I lurked....but now I'm in full posting motion .......I tihnk it's the people..alot of you guys no how to laugh and ahve a good time...a no only a few people in (Real life *gasp*) that make me laugh as much as you guys do.... including you Mal

Comment

Working...
                              X