This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon
    Is this a thread to throw out thank you's for different things? Well, in keeping with the spirit of the thread

I'd like to thank God for making boobies... The single most greatest creation on this planet, next to a TV series called Stargate SG-1 of course!
    Yes, this thread is for all kinds of thank-yous, not just spoiler-related thank-yous.

But are boobies really all you are thankful for?? lol. How can they be the second greatest creation when there is chocolate?

I am VERY thankful for chocolate. Guaranteed to get me through the spoiler blues.

Comment

I can definately agree with being thankful for chocolate. I might as well add thanks to people who search the threads before posting, creating meaningful thread titles with no spoilers (I know I've messed up with not giving a meaningful title once or twice, my appologies), and of course Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis. You know what, I'm just thankful for all the good things I have... not quite so thankful for the bad things though.

Comment

I'm thankful to people who don't make tacky, tasteless replies to otherwise good threads.

Comment

Are you insuating something about my last post, Shadow?

Comment

I can't be sure...but I believe it was not directed at you VirtualCLD.
            Positively Kanyon made a rather.....tasteless remark..

But then again... Shadow in a snarky mood... anyone could be her target!

Comment

There is nothing tasteless about chocolate... unless it's the scary candy bars that have been sitting in grandma's cupboard for an unknown number of years and is looking kinda gray...

Comment

THANK YOU

to the powers that be for Zero Hour.

I worship at your alter!

And an even bigger THANK YOU to everyone who used spoiler space because for the first time since I can remember, I actually went into an episode *entirely* spoiler free!

I mean, I didn't have one iota of an idea about what would happen in this ep...and it was great!

Also thank you to myself for avoiding most of this forum like the plague after Zero Hour aired because that is what rendered me spoiler-less for this ep

Is it conceited to thank yourself in your own thankyou thread??

Comment

If it'll make you feel better, SG, I'll thank myself for starting an "Aliens speaking English" thread just so all the whiners could have a place to b**** at each other without polluting other threads.

Comment

Lol -
                    Thanks Shadow for doing that. I've not actually come across any *****ing because I've been banned from any threads other than those I've subcribed to and that show up in "my controls".

so thank you to SaharaGate for doing that... it's yet another way of providing me a spoiler free environment so that when i do actually see the ep, I'll be able to go into it clean.

Comment

I think it was mostly just on the one thread, but after three or four warnings to "stick to the topic or start your own thread!" failed to make them go away, I took matters into my own hands and decided the bloody lot of them didn't know how to make their own thread so I started one for them.

I just hope I don't become associated with that idiotic thread just because it has my name on it...

Thank you to an homage that actually worked and that didn't (IMO) read like a blatant rip off.

Thanks to the mods again, just because.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        If it'll make you feel better, SG, I'll thank myself for starting an "Aliens speaking English" thread just so all the whiners could have a place to b**** at each other without polluting other threads.
                        Yes I do feel better actually

And thankyou for starting that thread. While I do admit to being thrown for a second when I heard

Mild Spoiler, Rising, Atlantis S1

two alien kids say 'woooah!' in the Atlantis premier (in response to Sheppard's night vision goggles). It just sounded exactly like what an American (or Australian) kid would say.

But other than that, I've never had any issues with the language thing. I'm quite happy with the powers giving 'aliens' different customs and mannerisms and sometimes different speech patterns. That's plenty.

Comment

and I could have sworn that it was you who thought there were too many thank you's to the mods already!

Comment

and I could have sworn that it was you who thought there were too many thank you's to the mods already! (even if yours is a little tongue-in-cheek)

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
                              Lol -
                              Thanks Shadow for doing that. I've not actually come across any *****ing because I've been banned from any threads other than those I've subcribed to and that show up in "my controls".

so thank you to SaharaGate for doing that... it's yet another way of providing me a spoiler free environment so that when i do actually see the ep, I'll be able to go into it clean.
                              You are very welcome Jafana!

I live to tormen ---

I mean, I live to serve.

And thankyou Jafana for continuing to be my beta reader even though the powers that be keep stealing all my fic ideas before I've even finished writing them *sigh*.
                              One day, I'll actually write some more instead of having to go back and edit after every ep that airs.

Comment

Moi?? Tongue in cheek? Never!

I was just bored and wanted something to fill in with a thank you and the Mods seemed as good as anything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X