Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Him, and gas coming out of the walls to kill me yeah, pretty damn terrifying.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
      Sci Fi + Good movie = Does not compute!!!

"This post will self-destruct in five seconds"

sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

For me, the worse are the "slicers".. the sharp blades to dice you up... *shivers*

Comment

I first saw the film about 8 years ago when I was 11...never freaked me out (apart from the first scene) but then I watched Terminator and Predator when I was 8 and was fine

I first watched Cube for Nicole DeBoer (the first Sci-Fi actress I ever met) and didn't even make the connection that David Hewlett was in it until Atlantis's second season.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
            I first saw the film about 8 years ago when I was 11...never freaked me out (apart from the first scene) but then I watched Terminator and Predator when I was 8 and was fine

I first watched Cube for Nicole DeBoer (the first Sci-Fi actress I ever met) and didn't even make the connection that David Hewlett was in it until Atlantis's second season.
            Cool! A CUBE thread! I loved this movie. First saw it maybe five or six years ago? I fell in love with it instantaneously, and I now own the DVD and after many years of trying to convince my mother that the character development and psychology/philosophy in the movie are worth waiting out the more horror driven moments, she finally watched it and I haven't got the darned DVD back yet.

I was the opposite, SueKay - I actually don't often watch spinoffs, and I gave SGA a chance because the original was so good and because DH was in it - based solely on his appearance in the CUBE.
            sigpic
            My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

With me it was a case of DH is in it, I love him as McKay.

MUST BUY THE DVD!!!

And I love the film to bits.

Comment

cube zero is awesome. i love the twist, and the traps
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                  cube zero is awesome. i love the twist, and the traps
                  Cube zero creeped me out a bit, especially that boss guy.

I was surprised to see one of the people from inside the cube in the film 'Day After Tomorrow' a while after that.

I was like - Hey, he's that dude!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
                    Cube zero creeped me out a bit, especially that boss guy.

I was surprised to see one of the people from inside the cube in the film 'Day After Tomorrow' a while after that.

I was like - Hey, he's that dude!!!

yeah, the opening with the acid is cool, and the one eyed boss guy is creepy, but the twist where
                    Spoiler:
                    the smart guy ends up the savant in cube 1
                    is brilliant
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                      yeah, the opening with the acid is cool, and the one eyed boss guy is creepy, but the twist where
                      Spoiler:
                      the smart guy ends up the savant in cube 1
                      is brilliant
                      *Nods in agreement*

Something that bugs me though is that if you look outside the CUBE then you take away most of its claustrophobic qualities.

CUBE stayed inside apart from the escape at the end.
                      Hypercube showed the outside world on more than one occassion.
                      Cube Zero had a HUGE chunk of outside world.

What was good was that someone got dragged back inside in the end.

Comment

yeah, although without the different feels to each movie they would just feel like remakes with different traps, which is why cube is 100 times better than saw.

have you ever seen Cypher, from the same writer/director as the Cube movies? that has david hewlett in it for a bit aswell. and the main woman from hypercube.
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        Quotes!
                        sigpic

Comment

Can't say I have...

With Saw you have creepy Jigsaw saying 'You have minutes or your diced'

With CUBE you have to make a decision of choosing one door out of six, not knowing what is behind it. It may be a trap. It may not. You may die. You may not. One of your group might kill you. They might not. Additionally, it doesn't follow stereotype...

Comment

Working...
                          X