This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Three PhDs
    When you consider the relative size of the US and the UK, or even the US and France, it seems the US is spending a lot less for its size than the others.

With Iraq, Afghanistan, Darfur, Hamas in Palestine, Iran teetering potentially on the edge of a nuclear conflict, and GW Bush's war on trrr, I'd hardly call Earth mature.
    What is the ratio of military spending to UFO sightings per country?
    It's kind of like that Season 8 episode with the aerospace CEO.
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
      What is the ratio of military spending to UFO sightings per country?
      It's kind of like that Season 8 episode with the aerospace CEO.
      I dunno, but I'm Scotland and live 4 miles from Bonnybridge, UFO capital of the world.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

I dunno, but I'm Scotland and live 4 miles from Bonnybridge, UFO capital of the world.
        Obvious question: Have you ever personally seen a UFO?

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
          Isn't the true sci-fi geek religion a triumvirate of Star Wars, Star Trek, and Stargate?
          noooo...Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica and Firefly are the only true geek holy trinity
          sigpic
          Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
          "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

BSG TOS or 05?

Comment

With Iraq, Afghanistan, Darfur, Hamas in Palestine, Iran teetering potentially on the edge of a nuclear conflict, and GW Bush's war on trrr, I'd hardly call Earth mature.
              The aliens think so though.
              "Now that you are mature enough to understand this,we would like to enter official contact through an embassy"
              I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                Obvious question: Have you ever personally seen a UFO?
                Only once, it was a pair of lights dancing about in the sky about two or three thousand feet up, making very sudden right angle turns etc. I don't know what it could have been, but I don't put much stock in it being extra terrrestrial, they seemed pretty clumsy.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Only once, it was a pair of lights dancing about in the sky about two or three thousand feet up, making very sudden right angle turns etc. I don't know what it could have been, but I don't put much stock in it being extra terrrestrial, they seemed pretty clumsy.
                  My grandfather had three sightings of objects darting around in previously unheard of maneuvers in the 80's, but he lived near an airforce base. The military was probably testing new aircraft.

Comment

Yeah Macrihanish is about 80 or so miles from here, and apparently the USAF were testing the Aurora there.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskannut
                      noooo...Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica and Firefly are the only true geek holy trinity
                      Ah, but Star Wars and Star Trek are older and have a bigger fanbase. Only Star Trek is 'dead' (I'm not one of those people that thinks TPTB should just drop the franchise, even if Viacom has mutilated it over the years). Also, you have to remember that the Star Wars TV series *moans in uncertainty* is in the works.
                      Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                      The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                      I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                      A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                      That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                      Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                      Caboose: They could be worse?
                      Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

After all, everyone is entitle to believe as they wish.

Comment

Working...
                        X