This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox Issues

I don't know why, but browsing the internet using Firefox has been not so good lately. I've found that you can't get into certain sites (FoxNews, CNN, etc). This has been going on for several days now. My mom is frustrated, though it could be my wireless router, but how could it? I doubt its my security, (WPA2). Has anyone else had any of these issues? ISP Bellsouth.Net with a static ip address.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

I've had no bother getting on Fox and CNN.

Comment

Let me ask the obvious: Do you have the same problem when using other web browsers?
      I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Nope. Internet Explorer works perfectly fine. It was why I started the thread.

Comment

Well, i use firefox normally, but I'm using IE atm, because in Firefox, the Poltergeist ad blocks all the links from "private messages" upwards.
          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
            Well, i use firefox normally, but I'm using IE atm, because in Firefox, the Poltergeist ad blocks all the links from "private messages" upwards.
            I'm just saying that whenever I load sites, they load crazily. Sometimes my connection will jam up (the page will say waiting for <insert url here> and nothing happens. Even worse, I can't log into Gateworld in Firefox. Which REALLY ANNOYS ME.

I'll try turning pipelining off though. Ran a spyware scan, nothing. Ran a virus scan, nothing. My firewall is the Windows Firewall + Internet Worm Protection from McAfee.

Comment

Use IE. No problems for me and I've been using it for 7 years.
              I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Have you tried checking the settings in Firefox? If you're using Firefox version 1.0.7, they are under Tools, then go to Options. Other than that, I have no idea.
                Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

I installed the update for firefox, and found that for some reason my toolbar for opening a new tab won't stay up anymore.

Comment

Yes, Firefox has been acting weird for me as well!!

Comment

Firefox always acts weird for me, on my pc it wont load half the links I click on and on my laptop it keeps trying to download every link I click on!

sigpic
                      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Terrific! I've got that problem with the Potergeist ad now *adds it to the ever-growing list of computer problems encountered*

sigpic

Comment

IMHO FireFox is a horrible browser. Whenever I use it, it always runs and loads real slow, it has issues with a liot of video on certain sites (like NBC.com), the ads block links (both here and ComingSoon.net), and worst of all it eats up my memory. According to task manager firefox usually uses over 50,000k. Not to mention it freezes a lot. It's not my comp cause I have plenty of speed and memory and virus/spyware protection. FireFox is just bad. And now that more and more people are switching to it, more and more companies are focusing on its vulnerabilities. More and more popups get through all the time. IE may have more popups, but it loads faster and is far more compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                            IMHO FireFox is a horrible browser. Whenever I use it, it always runs and loads real slow, it has issues with a liot of video on certain sites (like NBC.com), the ads block links (both here and ComingSoon.net), and worst of all it eats up my memory. According to task manager firefox usually uses over 50,000k. Not to mention it freezes a lot. It's not my comp cause I have plenty of speed and memory and virus/spyware protection. FireFox is just bad. And now that more and more people are switching to it, more and more companies are focusing on its vulnerabilities. More and more popups get through all the time. IE may have more popups, but it loads faster and is far more compatible.
                            Firefox will use more memory than IE simply because it doesnt share common resource files with Windows like IE does. It's one of the things that makes Firefox a bit more secure than IE. And I can't speak about crashes, popups, freezes, slow loading times etc because I simply havn't encountered them. My web browsing experience has been 1000x better with FF than IE.
                            3 reasons why Firefox beats the crap out of IE

1) It actually complies to WC3 standards unlike IE. I have no idea why microsoft didn't comply to the stardards when building IE. Apparently IE7 does support the standards better, but it's something that should have been there in the first place

2) Tabbed browsing. Pretty much every other browser but IE has it... (though IE7 jumped on the bandwagon)

3) Extensions. The ability to customise the browser with all sorts of things ranging from the extremely useful to the very novelty is a great thing imo.

btw, both CNN and FoxNews work fine here. rarocks24 - have you tried clearing cookies/cache? Or have you installed any extensions/themes lately that might be buggy?

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                              There's a fix for that memory leak here-
                              http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Web...mory_Leak.html

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X