Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which movie do you think will take home the academy award for best picture ??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which movie do you think will take home the academy award for best picture ??

My personal opinion is steven spielbergs munich what do you guys think???

Too afraid to offend anyone, they will vote Brokeback Mountain.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Brokeback Mountain. Not because it deserves it, but because it's the politically correct choice. And I'm not saying it doesn't deserve the nod (haven't seen the flick, so I can't say), but quality won't be its reason for winning.

Awards shows aren't about what's "best", they're about politics, agendas and, of course, money.

I was surprised to see Howl's Moving Castle on the animated list. Too cool. I have a copy on they way to me right now. LOVED the book, and it's hard to go wrong with Miyazaki.

Comment

I think Brokeback Mountain will win because Hollywood will pick it just to rile up the Christian rightwing fundamentalists.

I've seen it, thought it was pretty good but didn't live up to all the hype but then I don't think anything could live up to that much hype. I haven't seen any of the other movies nominated yet.

Comment

Not really. I think the reason will be to appease the homosexual agenda. Besides, the majority of those people making the decisions are ultimately (gays or closet gays).

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
            Not really. I think the reason will be to appease the homosexual agenda. Besides, the majority of those people making the decisions are ultimately (gays or closet gays).
            What's the homosexual agenda? To be treated equally? Then sure I hope it wins if that will help end the bigotry.

Comment

Since neither Harry Potter or Narnia are even nominated, I couldn't care less who wins.
              Shallow are the Ori!
              sigpic

Comment

A not-so gentle reminder that the TOPIC of this thread is Which movie do you think will take home the academy award for best picture ??

NOT anyone's sexual preference. Lets return to that topic now please

Tamefarrar
                GateWorld Moderator
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Taking a look at the list, I haven't seen ANY of the nominated "best" movies.

In fact, out of all of the categories and all of the movies, I've only seen King Kong, War of the Worlds, Narnia and Wallace & Gromit. Oh, and that stupid Penguin movie. Could have lived without that.

I want to see Pride & Prejudice some day, though.

This hasn't been a good year for movies.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    Taking a look at the list, I haven't seen ANY of the nominated "best" movies.

In fact, out of all of the categories and all of the movies, I've only seen King Kong, War of the Worlds, Narnia and Wallace & Gromit. Oh, and that stupid Penguin movie. Could have lived without that.

I want to see Pride & Prejudice some day, though.

This hasn't been a good year for movies.
                    I didn't get to see King Kong. How was it, and do you think it was Oscar-worthy?
                    Shallow are the Ori!
                    sigpic

Comment

<mod snip>

To shadowmaat- no it hasn't.

Though Harry Potter IV was good. I thought they could have done a little better BY ACTUALLY SHOWING THE QUIDDITCH GAME AT THE WORLD CUP!
                      Last edited by Major Tyler; 03 February 2006, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OriKiller
                        I didn't get to see King Kong. How was it, and do you think it was Oscar-worthy?
                        It was an hour too long and good for the VFX category, but that's about it. With WotW and Narnia also in the VFX category, though, I dunno if I'd say it was the best.

Comment

The only movie I've seen on the list is Brokeback Mountain.
                          I've heard Capote is really good though.

Comment

The only one I've seen was "Capote" and it was fantastic. I suppose to get it you would have had to have (boy, what is that called in grammar class?) read "In Cold Blood" which I also recommend highly. That Truman Capote sure was an interesting guy.

Comment

I haven't seen the nominations lists yet, but I did see Pride and Prejudice (so I had to add my 2cents ). I'm a fanatical fan of the BBC P&P, so I was a touch skeptical about the new one. I did enjoy it a great deal tho - in places I think it was better than the TV version, in places it didn't come close. For one, it's only a film, so you lose SO much character development and motivation. Things just sorta happen, and the only reason I knew why was because I'd seen the BBC version... Still, I would watch it again, and probably buy it too

Comment

Working...
                              X