Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls are an enigma. They say they want a nice sweet guy who treats them right and cares for them yet you see those very same girls going out with guys who only want sex and doesn't give a **** about the girl's feelings.
    I'm a TrustNo1/Weir shipper Also TrustNo1/Carter shipper and TrustNo1/Teyla Shipper. In fact I'm a TrustNo1/Weir/Carter/Teyla shipper. Yes, that would be good Throw in some Vala in tight leather. Is this sig PG? Oh well

Thank you L-JADE for the sig, it ROCKS!!!

Waiting for my posts to be approved.

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
      I do apologive for offending you. I should have used my qualifiers more carefully. I agree with you.
      You should have been more careful, I may have been oversensitive.
      I'm sorry, I've just copped that particular attitude too many times and it still annoys me. Not your fault and I should have been a little softer in my posts.
      Added to that, gender politics and equality is something of a soapbox of mine, so I need a gentle reminder to throttle down every now and again, followed by a frying pan to the head when I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
        You should have been more careful, I may have been oversensitive.
        I'm sorry, I've just copped that particular attitude too many times and it still annoys me. Not your fault and I should have been a little softer in my posts.
        Added to that, gender politics and equality is something of a soapbox of mine, so I need a gentle reminder to throttle down every now and again, followed by a frying pan to the head when I don't.
        It's cool. I'll keep the frying pan on standby if you keep the dictionary ready for my goofs.

Night all!
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

OMG this is like the best thread ever .... well apart from the female thunk threads....and the veronica mars thread....and ..erm...anyway this is a good thread
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
            Well it depends on how specific the code is. In general as a universal constant, girls just want attention, lots and lots of attention. So you can derive everything else from this rule. Like our examples before: sports, sex, and money. If you're watching sports, you're not paying attention to her. In sex most guys focus on themselves, not the girl, which is why girls don't like it as much. And if you're cheap, you arent spending money on her so you're not giving her enough attention.

So the code doesn't change, it's just how it's applied. Geek girls still want attention, but in a different way. For example, geek girls want compliments on non-material things, like how nice they are, how smart they are, how good their poetry is (weird I know, but I had a gf that was really poetic), etc. "Bimbos" as you call them are more like guys in that they want compliments when it comes to material things. Compliments on clothes, cars, CDs, etc.

But be careful when it comes to looks compliments, because most guys make the mistake of getting it backwards. Most guys think "bimbos" need more compliments on looks where as geek girls wouldn't be that shallow. But the way it really works is that the bimbo girls are full of themselves, already aware that they are hot, so you don't need to tell them. You need to tell them about all the things they don't think they are (ie, tell a "dumb blonde"[pardon the stereotype] that she's really smart]). Geek girls are the ones you need to compliment on looks because odds are they have low self-esteem in that department. Regardless of how they really look, they won't think they look good or will be too modest to say so, so that's what you need to compliment them on.

It's all about attention.
            Sounds like the voice of experience..........
            srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash
              Bimbo's tend to be hotter, and much more sensual geeks well they can be good looking, but....

I am going to get hell for this post aren't I?
              Just you wait, in 10+ years time all those bimbo's will have become all wrinkily from over-use of make-up and then you'll be wishing you went for personality over looks

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by False hope
                Just you wait, in 10+ years time all those bimbo's will have become all wrinkily from over-use of make-up and then you'll be wishing you went for personality over looks
                That is so true

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash
                  Bimbo's tend to be hotter, and much more sensual geeks well they can be good looking, but....
                  .......and as thick as two short planks..........no thanks.
                  srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

thats a bit of a stereotype really i know quite a few good looking girls who can be quite geeky at times equally i know bimbo types who look nothing special

Comment

Not only less qualifiers, but less generalisations need to be thought about in this thread or some of us may get offended...!

Let me put it this way: not everything that has been said applies to all girls. Be careful of the stereotypes, because they're rarely all that accurate with those girls that I know who do use the internet and forums regularly. Everyone is unique, remember.

For example, my hanging out in both this thread and the boyfriend thread... I'm bisexual, but I'm not a slut as per the stereotype of bisexuality, and I don't have both a male and a female partner either.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                        Not only less qualifiers, but less generalisations need to be thought about in this thread or some of us may get offended...!
                        In both theads I'd say.
                        srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                          In both theads I'd say.
                          That too. *nods* I haven't had time to read all of the other thread yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
                            Let me put it this way: not everything that has been said applies to all girls. Be careful of the stereotypes, because they're rarely all that accurate with those girls that I know who do use the internet and forums regularly. Everyone is unique, remember.
                            Exactly, I know someone who's obsessed with computers but she isn't a geek, but she's very smart and she deffinately isn't a bimbo. One of my friends is obsessed with the way she looks but she isn't a bimbo either.

sigpic
                            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by False hope
                              Exactly, I know someone who's obsessed with computers but she isn't a geek, but she's very smart and she deffinately isn't a bimbo. One of my friends is obsessed with the way she looks but she isn't a bimbo either.
                              That last-- been there. I used to be bulimic, and I still hate my looks. Obsession can be a good OR bad thing.

Comment

How about the age old question? How can we tell if you like us or not?

I think most guys can agree that asking out a girl is one of the scariest things to do. You might get a "yes" or you may be flat out rejected, but wouldn't it be nice if you knew for certain that girl liked you?

Comment

Working...
                                X