Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is everyone so controlling in this forum?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are members on this forum who will. if you start a thread that is alread going, offer a link as a sign of good faith sometimes, if you ask in the "Ask The Mods" Thread then they will merge the thread with the other. And the we move on, its that simple

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
      What annoys me the most is every time it happens, whether me or someone else, the replies are basically "omg use the freakin' search engine!!!111!!1!!11!!!" and then LINKS to the threads that have already been made with that subject almost to prove a point....
      Why is it to prove a point? I would have thought it was a gesture of good will considering how annoying it is to have to go and find the original thread to get the link.

Oh and if you think multipule threads on the same topic don't happen very often go visit the "Ask the Mods" thread.

Comment

And you must remember, however much you deteste the Mods...we have to put up with them

Comment

hehe you will be controlling too! Just wait! *rofl*

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
            Why is it to prove a point? I would have thought it was a gesture of good will considering how annoying it is to have to go and find the original thread to get the link.

Oh and if you think multipule threads on the same topic don't happen very often go visit the "Ask the Mods" thread.
            Can't agree with you on that...from what I've seen, a good portion of the time finding the appropriate thread is to prove the point, to, may I suggest, appear superior. It's not like paper is being wasted, and well, frankly and personally, my time online is limited, as I'm sure a lot of peoples time is, why waste my time searching out a thread to prove, yes! this has been done before, now I will type out a post and let them know what how stupid they are! I get it can be very annoying to view yet another post on the same topic, but then again, in total, its...how many minutes out of your life to work out "its been done before" and to move on, and I choose not to waste my time on pointing that out to someone with either, not much time, new to the system, new to the internet, the latter more because I remember being new once....that its been done already.
            and, not a personal attack on you at all, just went with yours to make my statement...thanks, btw!

*edited* to add the cheesy smiley...cos it didn't work the first time
            Last edited by leaper; 01 February 2006, 02:37 AM.

Comment

I will bet this shinny button that this thread will like the other threads which complain about...stuff in to a general disscussion thread where we talk about anything
              Last edited by Stricken; 01 February 2006, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                I will beat this shinny button that this thread will like the other threads which complain about...stuff in to a general disscussion thread where we talk about anything
                I just might be interested...whats the bet? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                  What annoys me the most is EVERY time it happens, whether me or someone else, the replies are basically "omg use the freakin' search engine!!!111!!1!!11!!!" and then LINKS to the threads that have already been made with that subject almost to prove a point.... and what I tried to say is I DID use the search engine, I typed in "Worst Stargate episode" and guess what? I found a Worst Episode TOURNAMENT, which is not what I was doing. There wasn't one on page 2, either... what, am I supposed to painstakingly go through several pages on the search engine to make sure I'm not making a similar topic?

THAT'S what ticks me off, I did use the search engine, I did look through the first 2 pages under "Worst stargate episode" and didn't find anything, so I posted. And then BAM next message is "Use the search engine!!!!"
                  As I pointed out on the first page:
                  Originally posted by Qasim
                  all you had to do was enter 'worst' as keyword and search in titles only
                  So go here http://forum.gateworld.net/search.php

Enter 'worst' as the keyword

Choose 'Search titles only' from the dropdown box

Click 'Search now'

and their is one right in front of you and another one if you scroll down the page:

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

And it was that easy

Comment

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                      She was referring to the original title of this thread: something about Anal!
                      I don't mind it being called "anal", although I prefer to think of it as "tidy".

I'm grateful someone comes along every once in awhile to sweep up around here. Imagine the clutter if they didn't! We'd have 40 "Furlings!" and "Look at My New Sig!" threads popping up every week if they didn't.

Comment

A solution would be to have a Furlings Folder, only problem being is that no one would post there

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                          As I pointed out on the first page: So go here http://forum.gateworld.net/search.php

Enter 'worst' as the keyword

Choose 'Search titles only' from the dropdown box

Click 'Search now'

and their is one right in front of you and another one if you scroll down the page:

I'm confused, what is that supposed to prove? The reason there is a "Worst Episode" thread above mine is because mine had been closed, and someone followed the link that was left to post in that one... thus, it became listed before mine.

When I did the search, it wasn't there.

Comment

IMO, the only Atlantis episode that I truly dislike is Sanctuary. I can't even watch it, Chaya gets on my nerves too much.

Comment

Sorry but in all fairness, that thread is fairly new. It was made this side of the new year and the last post is certainly before December 23rd, so it must've been just about that point in the search listings anyway.

On the other hand, the search function is tempermental, you've got to search key words. Did you search "worst stargate episode" or "worst"? Cos if you do the first one, it comes up with loads of recent threads which have very little to do with the topic. EDIT: The thread in question is on the 2nd page btw.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Lord Shiva

In all my time on this forum...I've only ever created one duplicate thread.

Did it not even occur to you that out of almost 14000 people, that there MUST have been another worst episode thread???

Search engines are ALL temeramental...and there's the old addage:

'If at first you don't succeed...'
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X