This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIRST and the Best robots ever

Okay so here's a thread for anybody in FIRST robotics. (in case you didn't know, FIRST stands for For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology). This is also a thread based on what I did on my team's forum. Decide which robot (or AI) in fiction you think is the best. (Separate categories for hard and soft science fiction). I'll start off the list. For soft science fiction:
    Cortana- Halo
    R2-D2 and C-3PO- Star Wars
    THE BORG- Star Trek
    Data & co.- Star Trek
    Replicators- Stargate SG-1
    Agent Smith- The Matrix
    In hard science fiction
    Tachikomas- Ghost in the Shell; Stand Alone Complex
    HAL 9000- 2001 Space Odyssey
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Bicentenial man
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Hooray for FIRST!! I'm not in it myself but my younger brother and my Dad and extremely involved. It's a great organization!

As far as AIs go. I love K-9 from Doctor Who. ^_^
      "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

Marvin from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. He's everyone favorite robot who's loves to hate.

Comment

Working...
        X