This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Narnia will it outdo LOTR?

ok narnia is set to be the biggest christmass hit since god knows when but are there any other poeple who think it could supass LOTR's?
    i can think of no other book-made-film that is as close to peoples hearts as the chronicles of narnia, and apart from LOTR there has been nothing of this calibre ever. anyone else think it could?
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

No.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Sorry, no.

I heart Narnia, but it won't get the numbers LotR got.

Comment

Supposedly Tolkien and CS Lewis were friends and Tolkien hated the chronicles
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

There has not been nor will there ever be such a grandiose and epic story than Lord of the Rings.

Comment

No.
            Narnia will not be the huge hit that you (OP) seems to think. (IMHO of course )
            I hear the studio has decided to focus on the religious (catholic) angle of the books and that will not make it have such a broad appeal as LOTR had. Not everyone likes religion spoon-feed to you...

Comment

Nothing can beat Lord of the Rings. LOTR is the most epic trilogy ever.
              Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
              Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

are we talking about the movies?
                Harry Potter will outdo LotR big time!
                Last edited by Erised; 05 December 2005, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Probably not. But it'll be less pretentious, hopefully.
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I think we will all have to wait and see. Before the LoTR movies I don't know how many people actually knew about the books. I think The Chronicles of Narnia have been well known since they came out. Of course this is my opinion. I would have really liked it if Peter Jackson had made these films. But then he would have to worry about people comparing. All I know is that The Chronicles were the first set of "big kid books" that I got, so they are very close to my heart. Because of this, I naturally hope that the movie does well.
                    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

Let's not forgot what the major religion in America is,

Without big name Actor's in this movie I am not sure how big it will be,maybe good old story line and good acting will take it as far as it needs not big name's....

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker
                        Nothing can beat Lord of the Rings. LOTR is the most epic trilogy ever.
                        Agreed

sigpic
                        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by Klorel
                          I think we will all have to wait and see. Before the LoTR movies I don't know how many people actually knew about the books. I think The Chronicles of Narnia have been well known since they came out. Of course this is my opinion. I would have really liked it if Peter Jackson had made these films. But then he would have to worry about people comparing. All I know is that The Chronicles were the first set of "big kid books" that I got, so they are very close to my heart. Because of this, I naturally hope that the movie does well.
                          well i always prefered TCON over LOTR's ive read both, i love both. not just the lion te witch and the wardrobe the entire series is alot bigger than a good vs evil fight in LOTRs.
                          as to number and religion i never took much notice, i think it will do big numbers think about it this way what are the three biggest book series of all time, HP, LOTR and TCoN. this film is the last one left, and i watched a primer thing on it, its going to be amazing, weta workshop is doing the props like in LOTRs and the guy who done shrek is directing. this film has no option than to be great, however i have to admit LOTRs is pretty tough to beat. then again i cant think of ANYTHING else that could beat it besides narnia.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

It's been 10 years since I read the books, so my perception as a 9 year old might have been a little off, but even then I thought the books were kiddish.

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh
                              There has not been nor will there ever be such a grandiose and epic story than Lord of the Rings.
                              Absolutely not.

I love Narnia, it's a part of my childhood and even though LOTHR is not, I don't think there will be another movie that could get me to sit through the credits in awe... and I was just one of many just sitting there amazed. LOTHR, the whole series together is...stunning.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Working...
                              X