X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australia Qualify!!!!!!

Unbevieble!
    i didn't think they would last the penalty shootout, but they did!!!!
    Personally I thought that the game would have ended in a 1-1 draw in extra time, but Australia won 1-0 and then won in the penalty shootout. 2006 World cup here we come
    Last edited by SmallTimePerson; 17 November 2005, 02:17 AM. Reason: Gramma

WOOHOO

*dances around the house*

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
    DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

aussie aussie aussie

oi oi oi

Comment

<insert Simpson's joke about Uruguay here>

No offence to any Uruguayans reading this, but - HAH! It's about time we kicked your arse

/me adds soccer to the list of Aussie world class teams

Comment

Did anyone see how fake some of the dives were? People rolling around the ground in "pain"... ROFL. And whats with double points for away goals?

At the start of the game I thought Uraguay was going to win, but by half time it was clear the Green and Gold was going to pull through.

And what a champion is Schwartzer, the goalie!

Comment

Originally posted by Qtyled
            And what a champion is Schwartzer, the goalie!
            I take it you dont see much of him playing for Middlesbrough
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              No offence to any Uruguayans reading this
              i wasn't sure how to spell Uruguayans. Did any1 hear about the Turkish players losing their qualification match against the Swiss?
              Last edited by SmallTimePerson; 17 November 2005, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                I take it you dont see much of him playing for Middlesbrough
                Yes. Yes I do. (sarcasm there ) Why is he bad?

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                  i wasn't sure how to spell Uruguayans. Did any1 hear about the Turkish players losing their qualification match against the Swedish?

The Swiss!!!

Please tell me you didn't just mistake the swiss for swedes...
                  It's a very, very annoying mistake. Like confusing Australia with Austria.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin's eyes
                    The Swiss!!!

Please tell me you didn't just mistake the swiss for swedes...
                    It's a very, very annoying mistake. Like confusing Australia with Austria.
                    im sorry
                    i thought i put swiss, very sorry
                    ill edit it right now

Comment

Thanks. I'm calm now.

Anyway, in keeping with the topic.

I hope Sweden doesn't end up in the same group as Australia.
                      It's the sort of game Sweden should win with 2-0 or something.
                      But a lesser known fact is that Sweden is terrible at playing opposite teams that are percieved as easy.
                      Give us teams where we're the underdog and we'll win the group.

I do think Australia does have a chance to surprise everyone. Just hope that you won't be placed in a hard group.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin's eyes
                        Thanks. I'm calm now.

Anyway, in keeping with the topic.

I hope Sweden doesn't end up in the same group as Australia.
                        It's the sort of game Sweden should win with 2-0 or something.
                        But a lesser known fact is that Sweden is terrible at playing opposite teams that are percieved as easy.
                        Give us teams where we're the underdog and we'll win the group.

I do think Australia does have a chance to surprise everyone. Just hope that you won't be placed in a hard group.
                        common misconception
                        Australia actually plays quite well, they get most of the possesion in most of their games and they generally keep the ball in the opponents half. Australia only lose because they are crap at scoring goals, we have like 2 decent shooters in our team or something?

Underdogs can win, didn't cameroon(sp?) get to the quarter finals in France?

Comment

Now you Aussie 'soccer' fans know what a penalty shoot out is like!(now you just have to learn what it's like to lose one).

*generous Pom hands out celebratory beers to Aussies*
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                            Now you Aussie 'soccer' fans know what a penalty shoot out is like!(now you just have to learn what it's like to lose one).

*generous Pom hands out celebratory beers to Aussies*
                            if ur a "pom" as u say you should therefore know that "pom" is spelt with an "e", reading "pome" (the e is silent). The full thing is "prisoner of mother england".

Who is England playing to qualify?

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                              if ur a "pom" as u say you should therefore know that "pom" is spelt with an "e", reading "pome" (the e is silent). The full thing is "prisoner of mother england".

Who is England playing to qualify?
                              No, actually it's Pom. The e is only a recent add on to make it actually stand for soemthing

Comment

Working...
                              X