Any US Football fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xfkirsten View Post
    ^^ Erm... that should have been the Patriots won... I blame it on being overtired. Or wishful thinking. Something like that.
    It's okay; I think we all know what you meant, I didn't even catch that. Dallas should beat the Patriots. That's my wishful thinking. Or something like that.

Comment

^^ Erm... that should have been the Patriots won... I blame it on being overtired. Or wishful thinking. Something like that.
      I thought you had been talking fantasy football when you made that comment! LOL I really don't know anything about how that works.
      sigpic
      Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
        I thought you had been talking fantasy football when you made that comment! LOL I really don't know anything about how that works.
        Oh, I was.... but at the same time was lamenting the fact that the cheaters won.
        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Oh, I was.... but at the same time was lamenting the fact that the cheaters won.
          I'm telling you, it's only a matter of time before they lose (Whenever the Cowboys play them). Wade Phillips will see that his players kick them down a notch. Have I mentioned that you're going down next time we play, injuries killed me this time around. Actually, they're killing me in all my leagues. It's not fair.

I thought of another pool that we can all take part in, have to run to class, so I'll have it up whenever I get back.

Comment

Heh. I think it's time to play a game of pick the Chargers next HC. Winner gets green. An endless supply (Only if the guy's a winner).

Anyways, here's a list of options that have been voiced by Charger fans. Keep in mind that some of them are in danger of losing jobs, which could make them prime candidates. No getting to pick DC or OC, tends to be pretty obvious, depending upon which person you take.

Pete Carroll (USC - HC)
            Urban Meyer (UF - HC)
            Ron Rivera (SD - LBC)
            Bill Cowher (Ret)
            Jason Garrett (Dal - OC)
            Rex Ryan (Bal - DC)
            Mike Singletary (SF - AHC)
            Bill Parcells (Ret)
            Pat Hill (Fresno State - HC)
            Les Miles (LSU - HC)
            Norm Chow (Ten - OC)
            Russ Grimm (Ari - AHC)
            Dante Scarnecchia (NE -AHC)
            Dennis Green (Ret)
            John Fox (Car - HC)
            Mike Martz (Det - OC)
            Mike Shanahan (Den - HC)
            Other? (Please List)

Let the battle begin. I'm tending to lean towards either Russ Grimm or Dante Scarnecchia (I know, I know, I don't want to hear any Cheater comments on this one).

Comment

Hey pal, Shanahan is Denver property, paws off!! (and no comments about the broncos loosing... it's the team, NOT the coach... even the players will admit to that )

As for my pick... haha, I don't give a darn honestly. That I have clue who half those guys are XD

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                Hey pal, Shanahan is Denver property, paws off!! (and no comments about the broncos loosing... it's the team, NOT the coach... even the players will admit to that )

As for my pick... haha, I don't give a darn honestly. That I have clue who half those guys are XD
                There are rumors going around that Shanahan could be out of his job in Denver, hence why it was listed as an option. So there.

I admit, though, he is a good coach. He always has his team ready to play, and his blocking scheme is pretty nice. LT with that going would be a 2000+ yard rusher. The rest of the league would be in trouble.

You're out of the running for endless green then.

The coaches are essential. The Chargers are living proof of that.
                Last edited by Oranos; 03 October 2007, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                  Have I mentioned that you're going down next time we play, injuries killed me this time around.
                  Bring it on!!! (Injuries are killing me, too - I'm only 2-2 in my other league!)
                  "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                  My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Bring it on!!! (Injuries are killing me, too - I'm only 2-2 in my other league!)
                    You ain't got game on me -- or my boy Andre. Well, any of my players really. With my full starting lineup, you're going to get smoked.

All my teams are ravaged by injuries ... oddly enough, though, I'm still doing pretty well. I'm 3/10 in one league with a record of 3-1. The other league, I'm 6/10 with a record of 2-2. The other one, well, you know. Still struggling to get a team out in all of them, the bye weeks aren't helping either. Nor is Philip Rivers (*Curses the HC, and the DC, just because I feel like it*). Hmm ... might be time to go QB hunting.

Comment

There are rumors going around that Shanahan could be out of his job in Denver, hence why it was listed as an option. So there.

I admit, though, he is a good coach. He always has his team ready to play, and his blocking scheme is pretty nice. LT with that going would be a 2000+ yard rusher. The rest of the league would be in trouble.

You're out of the running for endless green then.

The coaches are essential. The Chargers are living proof of that.
                      Okay, so where in the heck are you hearing that?
                      I have heard nothing of that manner, and I won't believe it until I hear it from a credible source.

I must admit though, Shanahan and LT paired together would be an unstopable team.
                      Last edited by idlewild202; 03 October 2007, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Okay, so where in the heck are you hearing that?
                        I have heard NOTHING about that, personally, I don't believe it.
                        There's always rumors flying about coaches being fired, doesn't mean it will happen. Then again, who would have thought that the Raiders would be in a tie for 1st in the West?

Just goes to show you that you never know what will happen.

Originally posted by idlewild202
                        I must admit though, Shanahan and LT paired together would be an unstopable team.
                        You know it. I'm liking the image: LT - 2000+ yards, breaks his own TD record...

Then again, LT with any coach besides Norv is unstoppable. Only an idiot doesn't give the best player in the league the dang ball. Especially considering the threat he is on any given play. He commands an 8-9 man box, can block, catch, run, and throw! It's a wonder he doesn't play on the defensive side of the ball.

Comment

Week 5

Jacksonville @ Kansas City
                          Cleveland @ New England
                          Carolina @ New Orleans David Carr is going down......
                          N. Y. Jets @ N. Y. Giants
                          Miami @ Houston
                          Seattle @ Pittsburgh
                          Detroit @ Washington
                          Atlanta @ Tennessee
                          Arizona @ St. Louis
                          Tampa Bay @ Indianapolis
                          San Diego @ Denver
                          Baltimore @ San Francisco
                          Chicago @ Green Bay
                          Dallas @ Buffalo
                          Last edited by LoneStar1836; 05 October 2007, 06:35 AM.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

So, idlewild202, I understand Denver has lost Travis Henry to a suspension...

Comment

So, idlewild202, I understand Denver has lost Travis Henry to a suspension...
                              Wow, that's news to me.

I've been so caught up in the playoff run the Colorado Rockies are pulling off that football is taking a back seat for the moment. The Rox haven't been in the playoffs in over a decade, and now they are 2-0 leading their series and yeah, it's kinda exciting and I'm not even a b-ball fan

Hmmm... though, that's not good news *wanders off to check the headlines*

Comment

Wow, that's news to me.

Hmmm... though, that's not good news *wanders off to check the headlines*
                                Yeah, busted for marijuana usage. Gives a new meaning to Mile High, doesn't it?

Obviously, Travis Henry can appeal, but it sounds like he's getting suspended ... for the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X