No announcement yet.

Any US Football fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chargers losing to Miami is an outrage. But to be expected as we made a ton of mistakes, Tomlinson was injured, and as Gates and Edwards said, we underestimated the dolphins looking to the tougher part of the season.
    But the chargers can still make it to the playoffs, but we can only lose one more game. But if Tomlinson is at full health and there are no unforeseen injuries like Gates falling off a roof or something, we should win and advance to the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos
      Chargers losing to Miami is an outrage. But to be expected as we made a ton of mistakes, Tomlinson was injured, and as Gates and Edwards said, we underestimated the dolphins looking to the tougher part of the season.
      But the chargers can still make it to the playoffs, but we can only lose one more game. But if Tomlinson is at full health and there are no unforeseen injuries like Gates falling off a roof or something, we should win and advance to the playoffs.
      Oh yes, keep telling yourself that. I still can't believe they lost. You still think they'll beat the Colts? It could happen, but I doubt it. I'm not counting them out, one bad loss doesn't define their season. But they better step it up for the next three games. They have a tough schedule coming up.

I'm still happy the Pats won, though. I'm just hoping they can take care of the Bucs and clinch that playoff spot. Maybe not a Superbowl, but another division title would be nice.

Comment

It felt like they fell back on their old pattern of falling apart in the second half.
        "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
        My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
          Oh yes, keep telling yourself that. I still can't believe they lost. You still think they'll beat the Colts? It could happen, but I doubt it. I'm not counting them out, one bad loss doesn't define their season. But they better step it up for the next three games. They have a tough schedule coming up.

I'm still happy the Pats won, though. I'm just hoping they can take care of the Bucs and clinch that playoff spot. Maybe not a Superbowl, but another division title would be nice.
          Losing was all part of the master plan. This will make the Colts think they can get an easy victory but in truth the chargers will use this to their advantage and destroy them.
          Even if it does so happen that they lose to the colts, they will beat the chiefs most likely and play a close game against the broncos, which should if they win both of them, allow them to enter the playoffs.

Comment

It's about time! Now some of the sources that I have been reading are choosing the Chargers to beat the Colts, for several reasons.

1. The Chargers are battling for their very playoff lives.

2. Since the Chargers have humiliated themselves by losing to the Dolphins, they now seek to prove themselves, especially if they might perhaps not make it to the playoffs. And what better way than to defeat the undefeated Colts?

3. The Chargers have one of the two offenses that can rack up the points and thus keep pace with the Colts. The other being the Chiefs, as strange as that may sound...

4. As L.T. says, We are fired up.

5. The Chargers will be able to run some clock using our very own, L.T., the greatest running back in the league. This will be offset by the wonderful talents of our QB, Drew Brees and our great WR's and our own awesome Antonio Gates, the greatest TE in the league.

6. Because as shown in the games of 2004 and before, we lose by field goals, the most recent in overtime. Why will this one be any different? The reasons listed above, and this one obviousely.

I predict there will be some incredible plays from the offense, and our defense will have to be fast but they should at least be able to disrupt Manning for a little like we did in the 2004 games. All we need is a little lead, perhaps from halftime and an offense that won't quit scoring points. A little help from the defense in this game would be nice too.
            Unfortunately, I will not be able to see this game, maybe the radio...
            Don't think I left out any reasons...

Comment

3. The Chargers have one of the two offenses that can rack up the points and thus keep pace with the Colts. The other being the Chiefs, as strange as that may sound...
              This, I agree with. They beat the Pats 41-17 Although they tend to be pretty fickle. They need to play consistently, and I'm not sure I see them doing that. If they can't, they won't stand much of a chance against the Colts.

Though LT is questionable again for the game. But I can't believe he wouldn't play. The game is far too important. Doesn't mean he'll be playing well. He's definitely the best RB in the league. I concede that without contest. But I still maintain the Seahawks have the best chance to win. You can't deny the power of Alexander. And they've annihilated in their past two games. Okay so they played two crappy teams, but the statistics don't lie. Plus I still go back to home field advantage.

Either way, SD @ Indy is undoubtedly the match-up of the week. I can't wait for it. I just hope they air it here.
              Last edited by Vee; 14 December 2005, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                This, I agree with. They beat the Pats 41-17 Although they tend to be pretty fickle. They need to play consistently, and I'm not sure I see them doing that. If they can't, they won't stand much of a chance against the Colts.

Though LT is questionable again for the game. But I can't believe he wouldn't play. The game is far too important. Doesn't mean he'll be playing well. He's definitely the best RB in the league. I concede that without contest. But I still maintain the Seahawks have the best chance to win. You can't deny the power of Alexander. And they've annihilated in their past two games. Okay so they played two crappy teams, but the statistics don't lie. Plus I still go back to home field advantage.

Either way, SD @ Indy is undoubtedly the match-up of the week. I can't wait for it. I just hope they air it here.
                As I said though the most recent games against them have been lost by a field goal. The Chargers have much more incentive to win this time though.

In regards to L.T. playing well, that is just blasphemy. He always plays well even through his injuries. Of course, I admit that Alexander is probably ranked number two in my book.

Home field advantage is not everything. In fact it may even work in the Chargers favor. Teams feel they cannot lose while playing at home. Overconfidence, as Miami at San Diego proved is a good way to win.

As I stated in my reasons, the Chargers have one of the few defenses that has been able to confound the Colts for any length of time, usually about two quarters worth. The only other team that can really say it for longer would be the Patriots, though this year...I think not with all the injuries. This should help the Chargers get a good enough lead and hopefully win.

In regards to being fickle, their offense is quite consistent with a couple exceptions, more than anything it is usually the defense that slacks in the fourth quarter but if we cn get a big enough lead, we should not have to worry about that. It would also help if we could keep the ball out of Mannings hands for as long as possible. Besides the ball works well with Tomlinson and Turner. To offset, some short passes to Gates and our WR crew should work wonders. Getting to the red zone is nice, as once we get there we can like always score touchdowns.

Some nice long punts from Scifries would be nice. Thinking along the lines of the 70 something yarder he pulled in the Oakland game. If we are forced to kick field goals, I don't want to see any misses or blocks from Kaeding. Also I want to see a bunch of substituions, play action, reverses, motion and most of all Tomlinson throwing.

From the defense, substitution to confound, blitz, pressure, double coverage on Harrison, and the like would be quite good.

I would be very surprised if they did not air the San Diego game as it will be a very important game.

Think that's all for now.

Comment

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey! What's all this that the Chargers will beat the Colts. The Colts are going to keep winning. I doesn't matter that they have L.T. or Gates. Peyton Manning will manage a way to win. Like always.

Comment

As I said though the most recent games against them have been lost by a field goal. The Chargers have much more incentive to win this time though.

In regards to L.T. playing well, that is just blasphemy. He always plays well even through his injuries. Of course, I admit that Alexander is probably ranked number two in my book.

Home field advantage is not everything. In fact it may even work in the Chargers favor. Teams feel they cannot lose while playing at home. Overconfidence, as Miami at San Diego proved is a good way to win.

As I stated in my reasons, the Chargers have one of the few defenses that has been able to confound the Colts for any length of time, usually about two quarters worth. The only other team that can really say it for longer would be the Patriots, though this year...I think not with all the injuries. This should help the Chargers get a good enough lead and hopefully win.

In regards to being fickle, their offense is quite consistent with a couple exceptions, more than anything it is usually the defense that slacks in the fourth quarter but if we cn get a big enough lead, we should not have to worry about that. It would also help if we could keep the ball out of Mannings hands for as long as possible. Besides the ball works well with Tomlinson and Turner. To offset, some short passes to Gates and our WR crew should work wonders. Getting to the red zone is nice, as once we get there we can like always score touchdowns.

Some nice long punts from Scifries would be nice. Thinking along the lines of the 70 something yarder he pulled in the Oakland game. If we are forced to kick field goals, I don't want to see any misses or blocks from Kaeding. Also I want to see a bunch of substituions, play action, reverses, motion and most of all Tomlinson throwing.

From the defense, substitution to confound, blitz, pressure, double coverage on Harrison, and the like would be quite good.

I would be very surprised if they did not air the San Diego game as it will be a very important game.

Think that's all for now.
                    I agree the Chargers have more incentive. The Colts would like to run the table, even if they won't say it to the press. But the Chargers need to get that wild card spot and they can't afford to fall behind the Chiefs.

Personally, I see the key here for the Bolts as possession. Because I think the Colts and Chargers average roughly the same amount of points per game. Bringing the blitz would be great, yeah. But I'd like to see them force some turnovers as well. Manning has great control of the offense though and is pretty good at getting early scores. Realistically, I don't see the Bolts' defense stopping Indy from scoring. Not sure what SD's red zone production has been this year as I don't see all their games, but it's gotta be pretty good.

I think they'll show the game here, but as I'm in New England I can't be sure.

And as for being blasphemous, hey, I conceded L.T. is the greatest RB in the NFL, hands down. The man is amazing.

Anyway, gotta go watch 1st and 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                      I agree the Chargers have more incentive. The Colts would like to run the table, even if they won't say it to the press. But the Chargers need to get that wild card spot and they can't afford to fall behind the Chiefs.

Personally, I see the key here for the Bolts as possession. Because I think the Colts and Chargers average roughly the same amount of points per game. Bringing the blitz would be great, yeah. But I'd like to see them force some turnovers as well. Manning has great control of the offense though and is pretty good at getting early scores. Realistically, I don't see the Bolts' defense stopping Indy from scoring. Not sure what SD's red zone production has been this year as I don't see all their games, but it's gotta be pretty good.

I think they'll show the game here, but as I'm in New England I can't be sure.

And as for being blasphemous, hey, I conceded L.T. is the greatest RB in the NFL, hands down. The man is amazing.

Anyway, gotta go watch 1st and 10.
                      Yes, both teams average about the same amount of points.
                      Turnovers, we have some good defensive players that can make plays, though we do have a pretty good defensive line so if we can put on the pressure...
                      Like I said though, our defense can confound them before, stop them from scoring maybe not but we just need to throw Manning out of his rythme. Shutting down the run would help too.
                      Don't know the exact figure for red zone, but it is
                      Good!

In regards to you thorshammer, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Comment

First venture into this thread - LOVE football - I have Directv so I can have NFL Sunday Ticket.

Pro Football Favs - Well born and raised in FL and have been a long time Dolphins fan but being from J'ville I love the Jags. - had a college friend that played for the Falcons so went to many a Falcon game before moving out West.

But my favorite football to watch - well that would have to be Saturday afternoon at the Swamp - yup I'm a longtime SEC girl and win or lose I'm a Gator Fan - I miss not geting to go to the cocktail party any more - my dad took me to my first one when I 5 and that became our father/daughter day every year.
                        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Somebody...get me a Bruschi! Playoffs, here we come baby! Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Tampa Bay.

Gloating, concluded.

Comment

Yeeeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yess!!!!!
                            In your face Indianopolis! In your face!

Hahahahahaaa!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                              Yeeeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yess!!!!!
                              In your face Indianopolis! In your face!

Hahahahahaaa!!!!!

26-17, Chargers Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 13-1 Colts. Never did a record look so beautiful!

Comment

God now only if Pitt will lose a game San Diego can make the playoffs...
                                Go Cleveland... cant beleive I just said that.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X