Any US Football fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

So who gets the pleasure of playing the Pats first? Chargers or the Jags? Cuz I think the Giants play Dallas and Seattle gets Green Bay.
    Yup. Seattle vs. Green Bay
    New York vs. Dallas
    Jacksonville vs. New England
    San Diego vs. Indianapolis

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
      The ... the curse has been ended... I think I'm going to go cry now.
      Yay!! They won!!

That means I'm 4 for 4 on post season picls

Okay... now I'm back to being your enemy

GO COLTS!!

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post

Okay... now I'm back to being your enemy

GO COLTS!!
        Please ... Manning doesn't have game against the Charger D? Who's he going to throw towards ... Jammer, or Cromartie? Perhaps Merriman or Phillips will drive him into the ground? Your guys looked real impressive against our special teams last time 'round too. With Jackson stepping up to complement Chambers, who are you going to double-cover, and who will you leave in single coverage? With no curse associated with us, Colts fall to the Chargers for the third time. Sorry. Try again next year.

Chargers own the Colts. You know it.

Comment

Yup. Seattle vs. Green Bay
          New York vs. Dallas
          Jacksonville vs. New England
          San Diego vs. Indianapolis

hmmm ... although Seattle looked great it was against the skins so deff

Green Bay

and would love to see the cowboys stomped on so

New York (i know wishful thinking)

and well all i can say is brady and moss = undefeated!!

New England(no brainer)

toss of the coin here .... if SD wants this they will have to play better than today!!!

head colts tails chargers ....

will see where it falls!!

teehee!!

as much as i would hate to deal with my buddy afterwards ... i would actually like to see Brett and the pack take it all ... but i really don't see anyone beating the Brady/Moss combo!!!
          sigpic
          SCORE!!
          The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post

and well all i can say is brady and moss = undefeated!!

New England(no brainer)
            I wouldn't say that ... I'd wait for the weather reports to make that judgement. Again, the gun and run went the way of extinct for a reason. It doesn't hold up to bad weather.

Originally posted by aintright
            toss of the coin here .... if SD wants this they will have to play better than today!!!

head colts tails chargers ....

will see where it falls!!
            You're talking about a Colts team that beat the Titans by two points, while the Chargers beat them by a fair bit more. You're talking about a San Diego team that beat the Colts on defense and special teams alone. You're talking about a San Diego team that has owned the Colts the past few years. You're talking about a San Diego team that believed themselves cursed in the playoffs, only to overcome it today. Chargers won despite limited LT production, and an injury to the best TE that the NFL has seen, and won in what was considered the weakest point on the team: QB, and WR against one of the better defenses in the NFL. Take it for what you will, but I think the Chargers take this one.

As for the NFC, I don't even want to deal with that ... things are far too muddy over there.

Comment

I wouldn't say that ... I'd wait for the weather reports to make that judgement. Again, the gun and run went the way of extinct for a reason. It doesn't hold up to bad weather.

You're talking about a Colts team that beat the Titans by two points, while the Chargers beat them by a fair bit more. You're talking about a San Diego team that beat the Colts on defense and special teams alone. You're talking about a San Diego team that has owned the Colts the past few years. You're talking about a San Diego team that believed themselves cursed in the playoffs, only to overcome it today. Chargers won despite limited LT production, and an injury to the best TE that the NFL has seen, and won in what was considered the weakest point on the team: QB, and WR against one of the better defenses in the NFL. Take it for what you will, but I think the Chargers take this one.

As for the NFC, I don't even want to deal with that ... things are far too muddy over there.

now that was all so very predictable!!!

*snicker*

teehee!!

oh and we'll see!!!
              sigpic
              SCORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by aintright View Post
                now that was all so very predictable!!!

*snicker*

teehee!!

oh and we'll see!!!
                How so? The Colts who utilize a Tampa 2 system were forced into a somewhat high-scoring battle with a terrible offensive unit. The Chargers (held the same unit to six points) have proven to be a very lethal offense when they are clicking. This Titans/Chargers match-up goes to show how dangerous a team the Chargers are. LT was contained, the best TE injured, and yet the Chargers managed to beat an incredible defensive unit, despite almost constant pressure on Rivers. The Colts, while good, have proven to be not-so-great against the Chargers as of late. Heck, we tried to give the Colts this past win, and they still lost. Who was it that ended their bid at an undefeated season, in their house? Right. The Chargers. The offense is starting to click, and the Colts have to make choices. Do you stack eight or nine men in the box to stop LT? Do you double-cover Antonio Gates? Do you double-cover Chris Chambers? Keep in mind, you can take two of these options, leaving others like Craig Davis, Vincent Jackson, Legedu Naanee in single coverage. What do you do if LT goes wide, and MT is left as the sole RB? That's the problem with facing the Chargers. We have many weapons at many different positions.

What about the Colts? I think Antonio Cromartie handled Reggie Wayne pretty well the last time 'round. Will Manning even challenge him again? Keep in mind, Quentin Jammer is probably a top 5 corner. He'll probably end up on Harrison (is he even playing?), who is bound to be rusty. Shawne Merriman and Shaun Phillips are the best pass-rushing duo in the league. Castillo, Olshansky, Williams make up one of the best defensive lines in the NFL when healthy. Manning eats turf against the Chargers, not to mention, we have a league leading 31 interceptions, and are ninth or so in sacks.

Presuming that the Charger offense has indeed improved from last time 'round, this will be a Charger win. It has. Philip Rivers, while injured, is playing far better than before, and is developing a better connection with both Chambers and Jackson.

What was the score the last time the two teams played? 23-21, Chargers.

Rant over.

Comment

Jee whiz.....

Me thinks you think about this stuff WAY to much.

Comment

Jee whiz.....

uhhuh!!

teehee!!
                    sigpic
                    SCORE!!

Comment

Jee whiz.....

I need to distract myself from school somehow.

Comment

Hey Guys! I've got a question for you. Why is that many Americans prefer watching college football instead of nfl? Could you explain this to a dumb euro guy?
                        BTW
                        GO COLTS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
                          Hey Guys! I've got a question for you. Why is that many Americans prefer watching college football instead of nfl? Could you explain this to a dumb euro guy?
                          BTW
                          GO COLTS!!!
                          Yeah! A comrade in arms! Go Colts!!

As for college football... I wouldn't know, I don't pay much attention to it unless it's a Bowl game

Comment

Yeah! A comrade in arms! Go Colts!!

As for college football... I wouldn't know, I don't pay much attention to it unless it's a Bowl game

I guess this was an accidental pun here... you know my country is one of the ex-communist so called satellite states...

So yes, go Colts! How do you see their chances of winning the superbowl this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post

I guess this was an accidental pun here... you know my country is one of the ex-communist so called satellite states...

So yes, go Colts! How do you see their chances of winning the superbowl this year?
                              Nice!! I didn't even think of that!

Hmm... as for the Colts, well, they've got a rough road ahead of them. They have the Chargers to content with this next weekend, and then either Jacksonville or New England in the AFC Championship after that (I hope it's the former, IMO they stand a better chance against the Jags then the Pats... though, I certainly won't be complaining if they were to stop on the Pats for the second year in a row ). Personally, I'm hoping for a Colts vs. Packers game in the SB. That would be one great game.

And for a side note... don't listen to Oranos, he seems convinced the Colts will fall

Comment

Nice!! I didn't even think of that!

Hmm... as for the Colts, well, they've got a rough road ahead of them. They have the Chargers to content with this next weekend, and then either Jacksonville or New England in the AFC Championship after that (I hope it's the former, IMO they stand a better chance against the Jags then the Pats... though, I certainly won't be complaining if they were to stop on the Pats for the second year in a row ). Personally, I'm hoping for a Colts vs. Packers game in the SB. That would be one great game.

And for a side note... don't listen to Oranos, he seems convinced the Colts will fall
                                Yep, I guess the Chargers won't be that much of a problem, although their defence is pretty solid but their offence looked mediocre against the Titans, so I would bet a nice sum on the Colts to win.

New England seems fairly unstoppable this year, so I guess the Jags won't stand a chance.

Now for the AFC finals: I think the Colts and the Pats are about equal on all terms except for the receivers. Frankly I see noone comparable to the Brady-Moss couple. So I have to say that although I'm rooting for the Colts, I wouldn't be suprised if the Pats won the AFC.

I don't follow NFC that much. My guess would be either New York or the Packers but I don't see any of them win against either the Colts or the Pats.

But I'm fairly new to this game so it's possible I talk bs here.

Comment

Working...
                                X