Calling all Scots!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egeria
    Correct, this countries military can be as large or as small as we want it. We could have a smaller military, depends on how we foresee using it. At the moment I would say we're struggling. We honestly don't have enough numbers for the operations this government has dragged us into.
    Just for once, I'd like to see something like the Household Cavalry disbanded. Does a modern army really need a regment of soldiers who're trained to sit on horseback and look pretty while tourists take pictures of them?

I've said this before and I'll probably say it again - If Bush Snr. had done his job properly in 1991, we wouldn't be in this mess. Similarly, Bush Jnr. only got re-elected because Daddy's a former director of the CIA and "knows where the bodies are buried".
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

It was a great night for scottish football. Scotland won and England lost. If tabloid's are to be believed, (And they are ) Sven's gonna get the sack! Shame wales and the republic couldn't get a win as well to top off a great night. Incidently, everyone better have been celebrating last night....

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Bye bye Sven indeed

The best match was Italy though Luca Toni hattrick - impeccable footballing talent
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
          It was a great night for scottish football. Scotland won and England lost. If tabloid's are to be believed, (And they are ) Sven's gonna get the sack! Shame wales and the republic couldn't get a win as well to top off a great night. Incidently, everyone better have been celebrating last night....
          Okay, this is gonna sound weird. I'm a 35 year old guy, and football does nothing for me. Nada, zip, zilch, not a sausage.

I just do not see the point of 22 grown men chasing a ball for an hour and a half. And why in the name of the sweet chocolate Christ do people get so worked up about it?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

If you dont get it - you will never understand
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              If you dont get it - you will never understand
              Your point being?

What has two thumbs and doesn't give a rat's bee-hind about football, or indeed any sport? *points at self with thumbs*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                I just do not see the point of 22 grown men chasing a ball for an hour and a half.
                To be honest, the only time I ever watch football is when Scotland are playing - the SPL and other Scottish divisions do nothing for me - unlike everyone else in my house.

Now 20 grown men dressing up in leather and racing around a track in very fast cars for 2 hours? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

I mean explaining why we like football to you is like explaining why you like to watch 4 people go through a round circle every week to someone who doesnt like scifi
                  love Torri

Comment

I adore footy....it's a good job really because my son is mad about it and it's all that's ever on the tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Sha're
                      To be honest, the only time I ever watch football is when Scotland are playing - the SPL and other Scottish divisions do nothing for me - unlike everyone else in my house.

Now 20 grown men dressing up in leather and racing around a track in very fast cars for 2 hours? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
                      Okay, I'll admit that I used to wach the American Indy Car racing. Problem with that is Channel 5 only shows an hour's worth of highlights, and doesn't publicise it, so I've no idea when the start of season is - don't wanna start watching and suddenly find it's the last race of the championship, do I?

Anyway, how's about thinking up some uniquely Scottish Olympic-type sporting events?
                      The hundred meters drunken stagger?
                      The 110 meters running away from the Polis high-hurdles?
                      sigpic

Comment

You know, it's near impossible to find anyone who likes football in this forum, and i've just found 3 in the space of 5mins!!

As for Brutak's question, i think we've had this discussion before in a computer games thread, i remember you asked the same question!! For me, it's all about the tactics and the excitement of picking a team and sticking to it. I mean, sure everyone likes the old firm games, but there's no fun in supporting them. it's just too easy. There is trully nothing better than the last 20mins of a tight game where each team tries to outsmart each other with end-to-end stuff resulting in a win for your team. It's breathtaking at times.

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                        impeccable footballing talent
                        That they are. Lost a lot in the last few years though for some reason even with nesta and cannevaro in their prime.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Indeed Anubis69 to your 1st and 2nd points

I started a football thread a while back it died quickly lets see if we can revive it

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...light=football
                          love Torri

Comment

Well...I only watch when it's Scotland or the World cup.

I support Rangers, but only because my Grandad does and I decided to support them when I was like, five!
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Okay, changing the subject totally. What did you guys think of series 4 of Still Game?
                              sigpic

Comment

Loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack and Victor rock!!!!!
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X