No announcement yet.

Calling all Scots!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I reckon the daffodils will look great then.

Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      Thankies AmberLM

We're going for a daytrip...should be fun...I've never been before

And I've not been to Aberdeen either...I'm a stranger to the east coast!

Edinburgh's a gorge city to visit hunny lodsa stuff to see and do Plus the shoppings great Just as good as glasgow except it's got a Harvey Nicks if you feel like having a splurge plus just having a walk along princes street with Edinburgh castle right there beside ya is quite an odd but spectacular site Hope you get good weather cos then you could sit and have a bite to eat in the gorgeous parks next to the castle although if it's ranning thats a perfect excuss to just duck into a nice wee pub and have a good bevvy

Comment

LOL

Well...I think cos my dad and i have never been there, that we're going to hop on a tourbus!

I definitely want to see the castle, the gardens and the parliament
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

LOL

Well...I think cos my dad and i have never been there, that we're going to hop on a tourbus!

I definitely want to see the castle, the gardens and the parliament
          That's the spirit hun Do the whole tourist thing it'll be a right laugh, plus it's alway's funny watching the actually tourists fumbling about with their map's and tourguide books and all that

Comment

The tour buses are a good idea. They give you a good overview of the city. They will take you passed the Castle, the gardens and the Parliament building, and you can get on and off them when you want.

The Castle is very interesting too. But then I'm a history nut - so that probably explains why I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nel
              The Castle is very interesting too. But then I'm a history nut - so that probably explains why I like it.
              Inverness Castle's guided tour is hilarious. They get into character, calling all the women and girls 'baggage' and being downright nasty to us. The young lads are called 'drummer boys' and the blokes have to act as if they were soldiers. They really do shout at you, and the accent is old scots from long ago..it's really hard to understand. We visited last year and there were some Americans in the tour...were they shocked or what? I laughed so much it was so bizarre...not what we were expecting at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                Inverness Castle's guided tour is hilarious. They get into character, calling all the women and girls 'baggage' and being downright nasty to us. The young lads are called 'drummer boys' and the blokes have to act as if they were soldiers. They really do shout at you, and the accent is old scots from long ago..it's really hard to understand. We visited last year and there were some Americans in the tour...were they shocked or what? I laughed so much it was so bizarre...not what we were expecting at all.
                That sounds like fun!! The guide at Edinburgh (certainly the last time I was there) was very interesting, but not quite as bizarre. It was much more conventional.

Comment

LMAO That's what it was like when i was there a few years back with relatives from USA soooo funny there face's were a right picture rotflmao

Comment

Originally posted by Lady_E
                    LMAO That's what it was like when i was there a few years back with relatives from USA soooo funny there face's were a right picture rotflmao
                    LAMO That visit will go down as one of the oddest tours I've had, but certainly the funniest. It's so nice to see someone else who has had the 'Inverness Castle experience'.

Comment

LAMO That visit will go down as one of the oddest tours I've had, but certainly the funniest. It's so nice to see someone else who has had the 'Inverness Castle experience'.
                      Hee Hee what can i say I get around Your right though it was quite possibly 1 of the oddest tourist experiences i've ever had lmao xx

Comment

A couple of years back when we went to Edinburgh we did the Dungeons. It was great but my daughter got the fright of her life I came out with her clinging to me like a limpet and finger prints that lasted for days on my arms.

Comment

Yes - it can be rather scary there. My friend and I went there a few years ago, and I think we were quite glad to escape - though we enjoyed it too.

Comment

Yeah the dungeons in Edinburugh are a bit on the creepy side But if you want to experience some scary Jail time go to the Inverary (sp) Jail !! That places scared the crap outta me

Comment

I've been to Inveraray Jail twice...yeah it's kinda creepy!
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I've been to Inveraray Jail twice...yeah it's kinda creepy!
                                Did they let you out for good behaviour sueKay?

Comment

Working...
                                X