No announcement yet.

Calling all Scots!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know, it is a problem, they have to steal to feed their habits. But what can you do with them? Steralisation? Stranding them on the Ailsa Craig might be a good idea though.

All this venting has me all wound up. I need to wind down by playing a violent video game. So, I'll bid you all goodnight.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I'm unemployed, therefore, I don't have an awful lot of spare cash.
      I don't buy the Big Issue for the simple reason that it's b-o-r-i-n-g.
      I don't give to charity (other than the Poppy Appeal, and that's cos my Dad's ex-Merchant Navy).
      I don't give to buskers, beggars etc. because, as previously stated I'm unemployed and have little or no spare cash to waste.

Anyway, changing the subject entirely - Scottish TV are in Greenock at the moment, filming some scenes for an upcoming episode of Rebus. Greenock doubling for Edinburgh - who'd've thunk it?
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Anyway, changing the subject entirely - Scottish TV are in Greenock at the moment, filming some scenes for an upcoming episode of Rebus. Greenock doubling for Edinburgh - who'd've thunk it?
        They probably film bits in Edinburgh as well, but I suspect Greenock is easier, as it won't be so busy and parking wouldn't be such a problem.

There are often TV trucks, costumes, food, etc on Kings Stable Road in Edinburgh, and I've often wondered if it's Rebus they are filming then. But I usually go past it too early in the morning for anyone to be around.

Comment

If ur in Glasgow the question usually is, "Are you filming Taggart?"

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
          from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

So did everyone hear on the news...There's bird Flu in Fife

It was found in a Swan...and they're not migratory

It was strain M-5, which isn't the bad one.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              So did everyone hear on the news...There's bird Flu in Fife

It was found in a Swan...and they're not migratory

It was strain M-5, which isn't the bad one.
              Yikes - I'm in Fife. *Note to self - avoid all birds*

Comment

*mutters curses* Look. H5-N1 (or whatever the blazes it's called) is not transmittable to humans - yet.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a load of fuss over nothing.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

There, there BruTak - don't mutter curses. I know that at the moment it is actually very difficult to contract Avian flu. And until it mutates into a version transmissible by humans, and I think for that to happen, someone has to get bird flu and have ordinary flu at the same time, we are not likely to get it, unless we handle infected birds.

Comment

Originally posted by Nel
                    There, there BruTak - don't mutter curses. I know that at the moment it is actually very difficult to contract Avian flu. And until it mutates into a version transmissible by humans, and I think for that to happen, someone has to get bird flu and have ordinary flu at the same time, we are not likely to get it, unless we handle infected birds.
                    I dunno, there's a lot of peculiar people out there - I wouldn't put it past some strange person to "handle" an infected bird, if you get my drift...
                    sigpic

Comment

BruTak - leave your fantasies out of this

Comment

Originally posted by Nel
                        BruTak - leave your fantasies out of this
                        You wound me, madame! 'Tis a vile slur on my good name I tell ye!

But speaking of which, there's a guy I know in Kirkaldy who'd be up for it...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
                          You wound me, madame! 'Tis a vile slur on my good name I tell ye!

But speaking of which, there's a guy I know in Kirkaldy who'd be up for it...
                          Remind me to avoid Kirkcaldy in future!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nel
                            Remind me to avoid Kirkcaldy in future!!
                            I ain't kidding! We call him H.J. (Horizontal Jogger). His proud (?) boast is to have gotten himself "intimate female companionship" for each night of every Con he's been to.

Married woman? No problem! He'd see it as a challenge.
                            Older woman? No problem! I'm willing to swear in any court you'd care to nominate, that H.J. had once carnal knowledge of his female pen-pal, who is old enough to be his mother, and was still married at the time the deed was done.

I could go on all day about his exploits, and the wind ups he's perpetrated upon me...
                            sigpic

Comment

You certainly have some interesting friends, BruTak

Comment

Originally posted by Nel
                                You certainly have some interesting friends, BruTak
                                I wouldn't call him "friend", not exactly...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X