Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how the action of the 9 mm works and what its replacement will be?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know how the action of the 9 mm works and what its replacement will be?

I know how the .45 action worked but I can't figer out how the 9 mm action works. I know there bascially the same but I'm espashially interested in how the clip ejecter works (Like in the scene in the Seige, Part 3 when Rodeny's like "Ok, you want a piece of me?" and he pulles out the Beretta and pulles the triger and the clip falls out).

I'm interested in how all machanical and electronic things work, and I find weapons very interesting. (Along with engines and computers).
    I'm from Iowa, United States

hope this helps.. I copied it from Military.com. (I would have just used a link but ya need a password...)
    There is no replacement planned as far as I know.

Function: Semiautomatic pistol.

Description: The M9 is a lightweight, semiautomatic pistol manufactured by Beretta and designed to replace the M1911A1 .45 caliber pistol and .38 caliber revolvers. The M9 has redundant automatic safety features to help prevent unintentional discharges. It can be fired in either double or single action mode and can be unloaded without activating the trigger while the safety is in the "on" position. The M9 pistol has a 15-round magazine, and may be fired without a magazine inserted. This weapon can have the hammer lowered from the cocked, "ready to fire," position to the uncocked position without activating the trigger by placing the thumb safety on the "on" position.

Background: The 9mm Pistol Program was a Congressionally-directed Non-Developmental Initiative to standardize DoD with NATO and field one handgun for all United States armed services. Beretta of Italy was awarded a multi-year contract for delivery of over 500,000 pistols. The contract award stipulated that production of the weapon must transition from Italian to US production after two years. The US Army is the lead service in this program.

General Characteristics, M9 9mm Pistol

Builder:
    Beretta and Beretta USA

Length:
    8.54 inches (21.69 centimeters)

Width:
    1.50 inches (3.81 centimeters)

Height:
    5.51 inches (14 centimeters)

Barrel Length:
    4.92 inches (12.5 centimeters)

Weight Fully Loaded:
    2.55 pounds (1.16 kilograms)

Bore Diameter:
    9 mm (approximately .355 inches)

Maximum Effective Range:
    152.5 feet (50 meters)

Magazine Capacity:
    15 rounds

Muzzle Velocity:
    1200 feet (365 meters) per second

Unit Replacement Cost:
    $263

Comment

That's kind helpful but not what I'm looking for.
      I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Try www.wikipedia.com
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
          That's kind helpful but not what I'm looking for.
          well, I tried

Comment

Working...
          X