Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this thread was about the TV series "Supernatural" about 2 brothers (Dean and Sam) offing off "supernatural beings" along the way of finding their father and searching for the "supernatural" killer of their mother (and Sam's girlfriend).

I love this show! It rocks! and puts a whole lot of perspective on the Supernatural and phenomenonal things/beings on this planet.

Does anybody else watch the show?

On a side note, Thorshammer post was very impressive, imo.
    Proud Thunker of Carson Beckett and John Sheppard
    and Captain Jack Harkness
    Creator of The Rockett - Rodney & Beckett Thread
    Priestess of the Lab Coat Love Association
    Proud owner of the chant *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
    I live here.....Calling All Australians?
    My other home...Stargate Down Under
    My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

I used to not believe in alot of that stuff but have seen some things which have swayed my views lol

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial
        I thought this thread was about the TV series "Supernatural" about 2 brothers (Dean and Sam) offing off "supernatural beings" along the way of finding their father and searching for the "supernatural" killer of their mother (and Sam's girlfriend).

I love this show! It rocks! and puts a whole lot of perspective on the Supernatural and phenomenonal things/beings on this planet.

Does anybody else watch the show?

On a side note, Thorshammer post was very impressive, imo.
        Sorry on the misleading thread name, when I posted the thread I haven't heard of the show.

Comment

I work in a haunted hospital, so I've had plenty of ghostly experiences. The kitchen I work in has 3 ghosts in it apparently, they like to tap on the chefs office window, muck about with the doors and bang on the metal tables. Also, when I was about 17 something tried to suffocate me in my bed, I was almost asleep a when I felt a hand over my face, I struggled and tried to scream but couldn't and I heard it laugh, I was totally terrified and the experience is still as clear as day 20 years later

Comment

I would say that 90% or more of supernatural beliefs are based on fallacious reasoning, mostly argumentum ad ignorantiam and post hoc ergo propter hoc. Just because you aren't able to explain something doesn't mean it's magical, supernatural, or paranormal. Just because if one event happens after another does not mean the first caused the second. Just because you saw a weird light/ghost and then a window broke doesn’t mean the two events are in any way related.

There are way too many inconsistencies between differing accounts of the supernatural and most of the time it just makes no sense even if you assume that magic and the supernatural actually exists. With alien abductions, description of aliens are generally very similar to the aliens we see in movies/books around the time of the alleged abduction. We’ve never heard the description of an alien that’s truly alien. The aliens we’ve seen are about as different from us as monkeys. With ghosts, the whole planet is a freaking graveyard, there should be ghosts everywhere. Most major cities in Europe should have ghosts walking the streets and living in almost every house considering how many people died horribly during the two world wars, which seems to be one of the criterions for becoming a ghosts. As for bigfoot and the lockness monster, they really shoudn’t be considered paranormal or supernatural. Paranormal and supernatural phenomenons cannot be explained with our current body of scientific knowledge. If bigfoot and lockness really do exist, they would not be impossible to explain unless they have telekinetic or magical powers.

Comment

I do sort of believe in ghosts and spirits wandering the Earth. As far as aliens are concerned, I believe they do exist, but am skeptical of the "supposed" alien vessels that have visited Earth. For one thing almost all of the highly detailed ones appear at night, and those are the lights, not the actual hull of the craft. It's quite possible that Hitler's sightings of aliens were allies playing games on the Nazis and flying wooden planes to keep from being detected.
              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                I would say that 90% or more of supernatural beliefs are based on fallacious reasoning, mostly argumentum ad ignorantiam and post hoc ergo propter hoc. Just because you aren't able to explain something doesn't mean it's magical, supernatural, or paranormal. Just because if one event happens after another does not mean the first caused the second. Just because you saw a weird light/ghost and then a window broke doesn’t mean the two events are in any way related.

There are way too many inconsistencies between differing accounts of the supernatural and most of the time it just makes no sense even if you assume that magic and the supernatural actually exists. With alien abductions, description of aliens are generally very similar to the aliens we see in movies/books around the time of the alleged abduction. We’ve never heard the description of an alien that’s truly alien. The aliens we’ve seen are about as different from us as monkeys. With ghosts, the whole planet is a freaking graveyard, there should be ghosts everywhere. Most major cities in Europe should have ghosts walking the streets and living in almost every house considering how many people died horribly during the two world wars, which seems to be one of the criterions for becoming a ghosts. As for bigfoot and the lockness monster, they really shoudn’t be considered paranormal or supernatural. Paranormal and supernatural phenomenons cannot be explained with our current body of scientific knowledge. If bigfoot and lockness really do exist, they would not be impossible to explain unless they have telekinetic or magical powers.
                Loch Ness.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

I believe in ghosts, I don't know why, it might have to do with the odd feelings I get (I'M DEAD SERIOUS). I also believe in extra-terrestrial life, if it happened here, why not elsewhere?
                  Spoiler:
                  Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                  I caught frogs and called them prince
                  And made myself a queen
                  Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                  I slept in castles and fell in love
                  Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                  To capture tinkerbell
                  They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                  But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                  And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                  And anything I can to get by
                  And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Working...
                  X