No announcement yet.

last person to reply WINS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG! The insanity! This green thing is driving me nuts. I am 1 point shy of 100 now. I saw 3 more greeners and I was like yay I should have 2 blocks now. Well nope, REJECTED! *bangs head on wall* And yes I am a green whore. I dunno why, but people don't green as much as they used to. Some do, Syera, Ses, Daryl Froggy, Ronja, Janus Ancient, SGA_Love, among others have all done the multi green thing. Much obliged! I wish I could green you guys just for being so nice and greening me. I can't right now though, it says I've given too much reputation in the last 24 hours.

Just thought I'd tip my hat to some of the nicest people I've met so far.
    Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
    Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Well arent you lucky you didnt duck

I said duck because green was flying everywhere....actually killed somepeople
      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

*puts on chef hat*
        Duck in Green Sauce?
        Ses
        James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

WOOT ! ! ! ! ! *KISSES EOIN* ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

maybe I should leave you two alone
            Ses

Comment

Originally posted by Ses
              maybe I should leave you two alone
              *KISSES Ses too* Thank you too!!!!!!

Comment

quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack quackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquackquack
                "Build a man a fire and he will stay warm through the night, set a man on fire and he will stay warm for eternity"

Comment

Duck in Orange Sauce

Ingredients
                  1 duck with giblets (5 pounds)
                  2 teaspoons dried rosemary
                  1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
                  2 strips orange zest (outer part of the rind)
                  1 large yellow onion, quartered
                  1 large carrot, thickly sliced
                  2 large cloves garlic
                  1 1/2 cups chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
                  2 tablespoons tomato paste
                  6 whole white or black peppercorns (optional)
                  4 whole cloves
                  1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
                  3 tablespoons sugar
                  1/3 cup blanched julienned orange zest*
                  1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
                  1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
                  1 small orange, peeled and sectioned

Makes 4 servings
                  Preparation time: 30 minutes
                  Cooking time: 1 hour, 30 minutes

Step 1:
                  Preheat oven to 475°F. Rinse the duck and pat it dry. Reserve the giblets; discard the liver. Season the cavity with 1 teaspoon of the rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper, and the strips of orange zest. Using a skewer, prick the skin on the lower breast, legs, and around the wings. Truss and place breast-side-up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Surround it with the onion, carrot, garlic, and the reserved giblets. Roast, uncovered, for 30 minutes.

Step 2:
                  Lower the temperature to 350°F. Remove the pan from the oven, discard the fat, and transfer the vegetables and giblets to a medium saucepan. Roast the duck until a thermometer inserted in the thigh reads 180°F and the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a fork (approximately 1 hour). Transfer the duck to a serving platter and cover loosely with foil.

Step 3:
                  To the vegetable mixture, add the stock, tomato paste, peppercorns if you wish, cloves, the remaining 1 teaspoon of rosemary, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes, skimming the surface of fat.

Step 4:
                  In another medium saucepan, stir together the vinegar and sugar. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, swirling the pan, until golden. Strain the stock mixture into this pan, stir in the blanched orange zest, and simmer 5 minutes. Whisk in the cornstarch and water, boil for 2 minutes, then stir in the lemon juice and orange sections. Serve the duck with the orange sauce. Makes 4 servings.
                  Ses

Comment

quackquackquack
                    "Build a man a fire and he will stay warm through the night, set a man on fire and he will stay warm for eternity"

Comment

Lmao!
                      You can never really know some completely. That's why it's the most terrifying thing in the world, really - taking someone on faith, hoping they'll take you on faith too. It's such a precarious balance, it's a wonder we do it at all. And yet...
                      -Libba Bray

Comment

What about Duck Burgers? Put it on Pumpernickel with a cinnamon grape spread. Add a slice of red oinion and romain lettuce. Hmmmm yum.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla
                          What about Duck Burgers? Put it on Pumpernickel with a cinnamon grape spread. Add a slice of red oinion and romain lettuce. Hmmmm yum.
                          you know that actually sounds quite good....now wheres Sokar?
                          You can never really know some completely. That's why it's the most terrifying thing in the world, really - taking someone on faith, hoping they'll take you on faith too. It's such a precarious balance, it's a wonder we do it at all. And yet...
                          -Libba Bray

Comment

Sick!! that is what you are!! you people are sick!!!! who would eat a sexy duck like me??????

Comment

Well, everyone here is holding a menu, so I guess we all would.

Comment

errr....I would never eat you
                                *whispers to freek*
                                You catch him...and then we'll cook him..
                                -Libba Bray

Comment

Working...
                                X