• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
    *points and laughs*
    *Considers deleting post*
    sigpic
    Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
      yeah ... he has no sense of polite timing. i've learned to use the quote button an aweful lot in this thread.
      That would just make it too easy.
      sigpic
      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
        Well yeah, whats your machine like?

Yeah, i might attempt to put a voodoo curse on microsoft and force them to hurry up, finish developing it and release it

All hail the chocolate rabbits
        Intel Pentium M Processor 1.6 GHz (with the same performance of a Pentium 4 2.4 GHz processor minus Hyperthreading).
        32-Mbit video card (ATI Mobility Radeon 9000)
        1024 Mb of DDR RAM (1 GB)-soon to be upgraded to 2 GB of DDR RAM
        Intel Pro/Wireless 2200b/g
        Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet
        14.1 LCD display (why didn't I get a widescreen:ashamed
        1024x768 resolution etc...

I plan to upgrade at the end of the year to a Dell Inspiron E1705 with dual core processor...I'm hoping that the RAM is compatible so I can bring it over...etc.

As for releasing it...the reason is not because of Microsoft but because of the computer companies wanting to have time to make sure the Operating System can be packaged with their computers and have great performance). I don't see why they should hold it back for them...they could go ahead and release it this year and the OEMs would have to catch up. Wasn't this always the case before with Windows?
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Oh dear. Too much computer facts and figures and stuff.

*Head explodes*

Erm ... sorry about the mess ...
          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

AMD Athlon XP 2000+

With a mere 128 MB of RAM and cheap video. I built the thing dirt cheap.
            Cool, but arent comps extremely cheap over there?
            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Yeah. I built it for around $400 US.

That was before I added my sound card and DVD burner, though. And I already had my $50 set of 2.1 Altec Lansing speakers.
              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Yeah, cuz in the case of desktops, we build the d***** things!

Comment

I recently took mine to a 2.2GHz Opteron.
                  srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

That was before I added my sound card and DVD burner, though
                    If I were you I would have upgraded the RAM before the DVD burner. But then you'd be waiting for the DVD burner instead of the RAM...so...

Comment

I also may be getting another motherboard soon. If so, I'll have an AGP slot to work with, which means I'll be getting a decent video card.
                      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                        Intel Pentium M Processor 1.6 GHz (with the same performance of a Pentium 4 2.4 GHz processor minus Hyperthreading).
                        32-Mbit video card (ATI Mobility Radeon 9000)
                        1024 Mb of DDR RAM (1 GB)-soon to be upgraded to 2 GB of DDR RAM
                        Intel Pro/Wireless 2200b/g
                        Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet
                        14.1 LCD display (why didn't I get a widescreen:ashamed
                        1024x768 resolution etc...

I plan to upgrade at the end of the year to a Dell Inspiron E1705 with dual core processor...I'm hoping that the RAM is compatible so I can bring it over...etc.

As for releasing it...the reason is not because of Microsoft but because of the computer companies wanting to have time to make sure the Operating System can be packaged with their computers and have great performance). I don't see why they should hold it back for them...they could go ahead and release it this year and the OEMs would have to catch up. Wasn't this always the case before with Windows?
                        Cool....lol... I snapped 2 2gb sticks when i ripped that other piece of sh*t apart...it was actually relaxing

Ok, i forgive microsoft....now im off to voodoo curse the manufactuers
                        The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                          I recently took mine to a 2.2GHz Opteron.
                          Isn't that a server processor?

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                            If I were you I would have upgraded the RAM before the DVD burner. But then you'd be waiting for the DVD burner instead of the RAM...so...
                            Yeah, I need to upgrade the RAM, but the burner was a birthday gift. I don't complain about free. I'll get getting the motherboard in a similar manner.
                            Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

I have an AMD thunderbird. That's pretty much all I know about that. It's computerish though.

*feels dirty*

Comment

Cool....lol... I snapped 2 2gb sticks when i ripped that other piece of sh*t apart...it was actually relaxing

Ok, i forgive microsoft....now im off to voodoo curse the manufactuers
                                Blame Microsoft. An OS shouldn't require such large machines to just run.
                                Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Working...
                                X