No announcement yet.

last person to reply WINS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is 100% victory which will likely be 100% terminated by someone posting after me.
    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
      quartiled percentages = 120% over a median of 100%
      A coaxal network needs to be terminated with a 50 ohm resistor to stop reflections
      srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
        A coaxal network needs to be terminated with a 50 ohm resistor to stop reflections
        This is why I don't like the hardware side of computing. All I know is that you have to have the cap on the end of the T that isn't connected to another computer. When I got a router and expanded the home network, I put coax behind me.
        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
          This is why I don't like the hardware side of computing. All I know is that you have to have the cap on the end of the T that isn't connected to another computer. When I got a router and expanded the home network, I put coax behind me.
          I love the hardware and software side. I used to run a coaxal network as well and it just wasn't as reliable as good ol' ethernet. That cap has the 50ohm resistor in it to basically terminate it. I remember once at school, all the computers at the time ran coax and they booted from the network. Someone disconnected the first machine from the coax wall socket and the whole room crashed.
          srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

This is why I don't like the hardware side of computing.
            That's half the fun! Nothing is more fun than determining which PGL packages to use when designing logic hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by srg
              I love the hardware and software side. I used to run a coaxal network as well and it just wasn't as reliable as good ol' ethernet. That cap has the 50ohm resistor in it to basically terminate it. I remember once at school, all the computers at the time ran coax and they booted from the network. Someone disconnected the first machine from the coax wall socket and the whole room crashed.
              I suppose my issue is more with the electronics side of hardware than the hardware itself. I'm more information systems oriented. I know enough about the hardware side of networking to construct a network, but my real joy is in understanding how the information is passed around.
              Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

I suppose my issue is more with the electronics side of hardware than the hardware itself. I'm more information systems oriented. I know enough about the hardware side of networking to construct a network, but my real joy is in understanding how the information is passed around.
                I'm more the other way arround when I can get my head arround the electronics.
                srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

sneak
                  sigpic

Comment

*Wraiths the tok'ra.*
                    sigpic

Comment

At least I'm winning the "next to last person to reply wins" thread.
                      Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

At least I'm winning the "next to last person to reply wins" thread.
                        Which isn't this one.
                        sigpic

Comment

This one will fall into my dominion soon enough.
                          Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

This one will fall into my dominion soon enough.
                            But not yet...
                            srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Never!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Patience is a necessary virtue.
                                Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Working...
                                X