No announcement yet.

last person to reply WINS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks pookey, but according to the dentist, moutwash won't help due to where the infection is located I began eating antibiotics yesterday, they should do the trick

Comment

Thanks.
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

awww bugger I had wisdom tooth coming thro and also a tooth playing up, i wanted to put my head thro a wall, and i couldnt get into a dentist, so i phoned NHS hotline and the nurse told me to get corsodyl and i was amazed at what it did. I hope your pain goes soon, its not nice
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks pookey, it's not as bad as yesterday I'm sorry to hear about your wisdom tooth - did the corsodyl help so much so you didn't need to have it pulled out?

Comment

In long term probably not.

Comment

No, probably not if it's coming through...

Comment

Winz!

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13277740719861

sigpic

Comment

this was a couple of years ago and it did amazingly enough, and i always have some in just in case, i still have the tooth
                  sigpic

Comment

That is amazing, pookey

Comment

You can sometimes get malformation and bone resorption (small chance) if you let the teeth stay there. Best to let a dentist see it and maybe some x-rays. It's not always bad to let them stay, but usually in my country they preventively pull them.

Comment

mine was coming thro, it seems to have halted its progress tho, and must have been pressing on the one that had a side filling, it was horrid, i have had one pulled out tho, quite fun, i was expecting him to put his knee on ma chest as he was using something that looked like a crowbar after 3 attempts I kept asking if it was out yet
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                          awww bugger I had wisdom tooth coming thro and also a tooth playing up, i wanted to put my head thro a wall, and i couldnt get into a dentist, so i phoned NHS hotline and the nurse told me to get corsodyl and i was amazed at what it did. I hope your pain goes soon, its not nice
                          PH has three wisdom teeth...

*is all wise*

Comment

the same as me
                            sigpic

Comment

I've had two removed so far, not much wisdom left

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                                mine was coming thro, it seems to have halted its progress tho, and must have been pressing on the one that had a side filling, it was horrid, i have had one pulled out tho, quite fun, i was expecting him to put his knee on ma chest as he was using something that looked like a crowbar after 3 attempts I kept asking if it was out yet
                                Like I said, only a small chance. I wouldn't advice pulling per se, on the contrary. But I'd advice to have them checked. Especially if it's troubling you (general you). 10% or so of the wisdom teeth should really be extracted. However, extracting wisdom teeth is much easier in younger adults than in a 40 year old patient (for example). The older the patient, the more difficult. Also the risk for problems increases with age. Hence why a lot of Wisdom Teeth get pulled in young adults (prevention).

Your story is a bit strange. Usually they use some sort of ultrasonic drill these days to split them in four parts (with the four roots). Five to ten minutes. Usually pulling one or two is possible under local anesthesia, but four in one time requires (and is more comfortable) general anesthesia.

Anyways... just some info.

Comment

Working...
                                X