Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eoin
    Can speakers broadcast frequencies?
    Speakers broadcast sound by electrical impulses passing through a coil of copper wire attached to a piece of fabric. Near the copper wire is a magnet. The magnetic force created in the wires by the electrical impulses causes the coil to be repelled from the magnet, thus vibrating the whole fabric piece.

Speakers are generally engineered to only reproduce a range similar to that the human ear is able to recieve. Some speakers are cheap and don't have the full range, resulting in a tinny sound. Subwoofers are designed to cover the lower range (even a little below the range of human hearing, though you can still feel it), but they don't reproduce the higher range.

Now, what in particular would you like to know?
    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by srg
      Well they broadcast them as sound, but usually when someone says broadcast, they mean radio? What exactly do you mean. As for sound, I can give it a go, fire away.
      *Oops broadcast as the wrong word to use
      I want to play a freaquency of 2.4Ghz from my speakers, to see if it can interfeere with one of my new toys
      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
        So you started with computer science and then changed to music? Why did you stop studying computer science?
        int Math = Boring;

I couldn't stand having to sit through all the math. I enjoy music, so I switched.

Though, as I said, I'm considering switching to Criminal Psychology. Truth is, I can't make up my mind on what I want to do...
        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I want to play a freaquency of 2.4Ghz from my speakers, to see if it can interfeere with one of my new toys
          I'm doing a module with EMC and EMI in it so I can answer this.

No

Your speakers output sound, their altering the air preassure.

What you're looking for is to generate Electromagnetic interferance.

Radiated EMI is generated using an antenna, you basically then pump current into it and it will irratiate it out into the enviroment. An antenna could be a simple wire that isn't grounded.
          srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

It shouldn't. Sound frequencies aren't electromagnetic frequencies. Unless the coil is producing an electromagnetic frequency, there will be no issue. Even if the coil does, it should be at such a small amplitude that it's of no consquence.
            Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Originally posted by srg
              I'm doing a module with EMC and EMI in it so I can answer this.

No

Your speakers output sound, their altering the air preassure.

What you're looking for is to generate Electromagnetic interferance.

Radiated EMI is generated using an antenna, you basically then pump current into it and it will irratiate it out into the enviroment. An antenna could be a simple wire that isn't grounded.
              Can one of those be purchased?

Comment

Can one of those be purchased?
                Well first of all, you could may get into trouble depending on the laws in your area, causing interferance as you will be surprised how little current you need to cause problems a long long away.

As for generating a 2.4GHz signal, you'l need some kind of signal generator, proably expensive as that's a high frequency.
                srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                  int Math = Boring;

I couldn't stand having to sit through all the math. I enjoy music, so I switched.

Though, as I said, I'm considering switching to Criminal Psychology. Truth is, I can't make up my mind on what I want to do...
                  Math == very boring.

Once you get past that cs is very interesting, I just got through it
                  srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                    Math == very boring.

Once you get past that cs is very interesting, I just got through it
                    I don't believe I've met any1 who likes maths.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't believe I've met any1 who likes maths.
                      Well I also just founf it so *******ing hard persaonally.
                      srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                        Well I also just founf it so *******ing hard persaonally.
                        Bad teaching, like I've had but if explained properly can be easy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Bad teaching, like I've had but if explained properly can be easy.
                          Our teacher was ok, but he had to cram it in because of lack of time. In the end I did my fdeng 1st year twice. I understand things like calculus now but I rarely use it, so when I do need to use it I get a bit stuck.

BTW my saviors were the books Algebra for Dummies and Calculus For Dummies and they helped me though
                          srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                            Well first of all, you could may get into trouble depending on the laws in your area, causing interferance as you will be surprised how little current you need to cause problems a long long away.

As for generating a 2.4GHz signal, you'l need some kind of signal generator, proably expensive as that's a high frequency.
                            All i want to do is see what happens to a radio thingy thats meant to stop my dog from passing it (a type of wireless fence thing), it says in the operating booklet "do not use the unit near a transmitter that broadcasts at a frequency of 2.4GHz and above"
                            lol, it was brainiac that gave me the idea

Around how much would it cost?

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                              Our teacher was ok, but he had to cram it in because of lack of time. In the end I did my fdeng 1st year twice. I understand things like calculus now but I rarely use it, so when I do need to use it I get a bit stuck.

BTW my saviors were the books Algebra for Dummies and Calculus For Dummies and they helped me though
                              Most of the maths in biology is very simple once I get the hang of it, it just looks complex.
                              sigpic

Comment

All i want to do is see what happens to a radio thingy thats meant to stop my dog from passing it (a type of wireless fence thing), it says in the operating booklet "do not use the unit near a transmitter that broadcasts at a frequency of 2.4GHz and above"
                                lol, it was brainiac that gave me the idea

Around how much would it cost?
                                LOL, isn't bluetooth 2.4GHz.
                                srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Working...
                                X