Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Weir
    He would still see you I think.
    Usually it's because of something he said, now it could be random....
    srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
      *Wraiths Dr Weir* Two can play that game.....
      Err no cause ur already wraithed.
      sigpic

Comment

Err no cause ur already wraithed.
        I'm still here, so
        srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
            lol
            srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
              That bottom bit strikes me as photoshopped, but it still made me laugh.
              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Who would survive the longest in the wild out of all of us?

Answer: The one stupid enough to stay in the wild and not head for the nearest village/city.

Comment

Totally off topic, it's annoying how alot of ppl can't write scientific articles in proper English. Not all articles and textbooks are like that but alot are and there's no reason for it. It's like they write it all out clearly and then add in lots of pointless words and rearrange the sentances so that they make at least sense as possible so that very simple and basic stuff sounds incredible complex so when students read it they're like wtf when they could have understood it without being at uni!
                  sigpic

Comment

Totally off topic, it's annoying how alot of ppl can't write scientific articles in proper English. Not all articles and textbooks are like that but alot are and there's no reason for it. It's like they write it all out clearly and then add in lots of pointless words and rearrange the sentances so that they make a least sense as possible so that very simple and basic stuff sounds incredible complex so when students read it they're like wtf when they could have understand it with being at uni!
                    I think they do it to make themselves sound smarter.
                    Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Totally off topic, it's annoying how alot of ppl can't write scientific articles in proper English. Not all articles and textbooks are like that but alot are and there's no reason for it. It's like they write it all out clearly and then add in lots of pointless words and rearrange the sentances so that they make a least sense as possible so that very simple and basic stuff sounds incredible complex so when students read it they're like wtf when they could have understood it with being at uni!
                      Are you sure you posted this in the right thread??

From what I understand the english using in legal documents is almost incomprehensible unless you're a lawyer.
                      srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                        I think they do it to make themselves sound smarter.
                        You could have a point there. As simple idea so they have to complicate it to look smarter
                        srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Totally off topic, it's annoying how alot of ppl can't write scientific articles in proper English. Not all articles and textbooks are like that but alot are and there's no reason for it. It's like they write it all out clearly and then add in lots of pointless words and rearrange the sentances so that they make a least sense as possible so that very simple and basic stuff sounds incredible complex so when students read it they're like wtf when they could have understood it with being at uni!
                          But writing without overcomplicating things goes against everything they believe in. It's not about the result of whatever study it's about. It's really about bragging rights over who has written the most confusing article.

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                            Are you sure you posted this in the right thread??

From what I understand the english using in legal documents is almost incomprehensible unless you're a lawyer.
                            The other thread is dead at the mo so I posted it here, anyway what does it matter, anything does here.
                            sigpic

Comment

The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Odin's eyes
                                But writing without overcomplicating things goes against everything they believe in. It's not about the result of whatever study it's about. It's really about bragging rights over who has written the most confusing article.
                                It's amazing how much science is like that though. Bragging rights about who's idea should be the accepted one. It's almost a game to them I think. This means if you can't fight your courner, even if your theory is correct and theirs is wrong, it won't get accepted.
                                srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Working...
                                X