last person to reply WINS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Weir
    No from my experience something like that is a virus or spyware/adware, but the aol browser seems to protect against most spyware/adware, but I could run a check.
    Well it's never a bad idea to do a check one in a while. So why not. What are you using, Ad-Aware? What about virus checker? I use AVG free.
    srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

AOL may be evil, but at least they keep me supplied with coasters.
      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by srg
        Well it's never a bad idea to do a check one in a while. So why not. What are you using, Ad-Aware? What about virus checker? I use AVG free.
        Both plus spybot and xp firewall. I used to use peer guardian but since I got aol it doesn't pick up a thing.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
          AOL may be evil, but at least they keep me supplied with coasters.
          They don't even do that now, I don't get them through the post or with the magazine I subscribe to.

I've had no experience with AOL's browser so I'm not sure what is causing her problem (just for information it is based on IE AFAIK, at least the core).
          srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
            They don't even do that now, I don't get them through the post or with the magazine I subscribe to.

I've had no experience with AOL's browser so I'm not sure what is causing her problem (just for information it is based on IE AFAIK, at least the core).
            I like the aol browser, it makes a change from dull IE.
            sigpic

Comment

Both plus spybot and xp firewall. I used to use peer guardian but since I got aol it doesn't pick up a thing.
              ohh fellow AVG user You may want to get something a bit better than XP's firewall. Sygate is supposed to be good, but is getting scrapped by it's new owner Symantec for their Norton POS. ZoneAlarm would be a good choice unless anyone else can think of a better free one (like Sygate). I use the firewall in my adsl modem/router.

Ad-awear and spybot should get any spyware you have.

I just don't take kindly to an ISP that forces me to use their browser, I use what I want to use.
              srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                ohh fellow AVG user You may want to get something a bit better than XP's firewall. Sygate is supposed to be good, but is getting scrapped by it's new owner Symantec for their Norton POS. ZoneAlarm would be a good choice unless anyone else can think of a better free one (like Sygate). I use the firewall in my adsl modem/router.

Ad-awear and spybot should get any spyware you have.

I just don't take kindly to an ISP that forces me to use their browser, I use what I want to use.
                I don't get that either.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't get that either.
                  Which bit?
                  srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                    Which bit?
                    Having to use the aol browser. BTW stop distrscting me from winning by posting in the all things wraith thread!
                    sigpic

Comment

Having to use the aol browser. BTW stop distrscting me from winning by posting in the all things wraith thread!
                      oh I see what you mean. It's simple really it's a nasty little trick called product lock-in. It should be made illegal IMHO.

Anyway, abck to the task at hand, I win
                      srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

As long as he's posting there, he's not posting as much here. With both of you occupied, it works out well for me. By all means, srg, continue posting in the all things wraith thread.
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

You know ur visibility doesn't stop you getting wraithed. *Wraiths uk.*
                          sigpic

Comment

Lets all go to DISNEY LAND
                            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                              Great idea!!!! You paying?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                                And while you all die of old age waiting in line, I'll easily be victorious.
                                Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Working...
                                X