Comment

Originally posted by jonno
        At me!
        *Sees a loser.*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
          *Sees a loser.*
          A loser with an annoying headache. And a 9 hour work shift to look forward to. At least it's a late, so it starts at 2.
          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Yep. Have those all the time. The trick is, to get some Aspirin or tylenol, they work the best.
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
              Yep. Have those all the time. The trick is, to get some Aspirin or tylenol, they work the best.
              Thing is ... i hate taking medication of any sort ... for example, i always think with things like colds that by suppressing symptoms, you just make the whole thing last longer.

With hayfever - the longer you can put off HAVING to take tablets, the longer they seem to last before you become fully dependent on having them before you can go outside

ie - i prefer to let my body fight things off on its own than make it all last longer with pills.

Comment

Makes sense...I hate taking medications. I get respiratory infections all the time, and they always give me an expectorant and a pain reliever (slight dose of hydrocodone). I'm in pain until I take the hydrocodone, and then I'm just drugged.

As an aside, has anyone ever seen the Xin series?

Comment

Makes sense...I hate taking medications. I get respiratory infections all the time, and they always give me an expectorant and a pain reliever (slight dose of hydrocodone). I'm in pain until I take the hydrocodone, and then I'm just drugged.

As an aside, has anyone ever seen the Xin series?
                  No.

From a Biology point of view ... if a medicine is surpressing the symptoms the bodies own immune system is producing to combat infection, HOW IS THAT HELPING? All that can do, surely, is ease the present suffering, but make the actual illness go on longer, unless it has some actual pathogen fighting abilities of its own. Dr. Weir may be able to correct me on that however.

Comment

Thanx. I never thought about it like that.

Comment

Did you mean anyone care to lose *to me

Eoin, I do feel a little bad about the fact that Darren can't make money that way, but I dislike those flash banners...
                      No, I was wondering if anyone was going to post after me, causing me to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by gatelover12
                        No, I was wondering if anyone was going to post after me, causing me to lose.
                        Oh...

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
                          Thing is ... i hate taking medication of any sort ... for example, i always think with things like colds that by suppressing symptoms, you just make the whole thing last longer.

With hayfever - the longer you can put off HAVING to take tablets, the longer they seem to last before you become fully dependent on having them before you can go outside

ie - i prefer to let my body fight things off on its own than make it all last longer with pills.
                          I can't take hayfever pills of any sort or I fall asleep. I took one that had a 1 in a million chance of causing sleepiness and I was almost out within a few hrs. I find over the summer I get used to the pollen. I can't comment on colds and the flu as I rarely get them and when I do they normally don't last long. I'm the only person I know of like that. I rarely catch stuff that is being spread around and if I do the symptoms are less severe and don't last as long as with other ppl. Must be my immune system. Anyway I take paracetamol and it normally works even through it takes time. Taking pain killers does not make the pain last longer, these are supposed to take it away.
                          sigpic

Comment

**looking for blocks.**

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                              I can't comment on colds and the flu as I rarely get them and when I do they normally don't last long. I'm the only person I know of like that. I rarely catch stuff that is being spread around and if I do the symptoms are less severe and don't last as long as with other ppl. Must be my immune system.
                              Yeah - i don't get colds that often. Although, when i do get them they tend to be piggish. Probably because i don't take my Beechams till it's REALLY painful.

As for paracetamol - yeah, i know they don't work like that, but my reluctance to take pills in other illnesses just extends. Besides, my headaches are more annoying than excrutiating.

Comment

vancomycim and a parameciums are cool, too!

Comment

Working...
                                X