No announcement yet.

last person to reply WINS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he was just saying it, not knowing what it was, but he'll keep saying it just because...
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by jonno
      Thanks. So you know what an NPLQ is then???
      Nope, but you got to keep your job
      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
        Like I said,

Originally posted by rarocks24
        I think he was just saying it, not knowing what it was, but he'll keep saying it just because...

Comment

Thought so ...

i'll tell you anyway ...

It's the National Pool Lifequard Qualification, without which, i couldn't continue with my job as a lifeguard, however much the management of my leisure centre may love me. As my 'current' one runs out on Sunday, it was quite important for me to pass the renewal tonight.
          I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Thought so ...

i'll tell you anyway ...

It's the National Pool Lifequard Qualification, without which, i couldn't continue with my job as a lifeguard, however much the management of my leisure centre may love me. As my 'current' one runs out on Sunday, it was quite important for me to pass the renewal tonight.
            Thats pretty cool, did you ever have to rescue someone?
            Anyway congrats on passing the test and keeping your job

Comment

Thats pretty cool, did you ever have to rescue someone?
              Not yet ... and long may it stay that way.

Comment

Not yet ... and long may it stay that way.
                So, do you just sit by a pool all day, whistling at people who splash?

Comment

sounds fun
                  sigpic
                  Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Ugghhhh...I definitely would not be doing that. I'd rather be at the beach.

At least you can work on your tan!

Comment

Originally posted by wraithdude
                      So, do you just sit by a pool all day, whistling at people who splash?
                      Depends on the type of shift really ...

There's two - centres when you're mostly off pool (coming on to give breaks and rotations). Whilst off pool your responsible for setting things up and putting them away ... laundary ... keeping the changing rooms clean ... pool tests ... generally everything to keep the place running smoothly. I get those often now, because i've worked there for a while, and the management trust me to do it properly. Which is good, because they're more intersting (more different things to do) and longer (hence - more money).

And then there's pool shifts, which are spent permanently on pool. There are several positions (only one of which is sitting), and you rotate every 20 minutes. Very tiring, especially when it's hot, and also very boring. Obviously, you're responsible for saving people (if required), and enforcing the rules. Which can be quite hard to do when people act like c**ks, and push you down the water slide. (OK, so that's only happened once).

Comment

lmao, you got pushed down the slide (sorry i had to laugh at that one )

Comment

The worst little kiddie thing ever done to me was done by these twins. Horribly evil twins. They put a hamster down my back!

Comment

lmao, you got pushed down the slide (sorry i had to laugh at that one )
                            Yep. He was a lot bigger than me. And he had friends.

It was technically assault - not that the police followed it up.

I'm not the only one - staff have been pushed in quite often. Including one of the managers, once.

It was fun though. I got to press my drowning alarm for the first time in anger. (to bring the duty manager to pool side).

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                              The worst little kiddie thing ever done to me was done by these twins. Horribly evil twins. They put a hamster down my back!
                              owwww!!

Comment

Yep. He was a lot bigger than me. And he had friends.

It was technically assault - not that the police followed it up.

I'm not the only one - staff have been pushed in quite often. Including one of the managers, once.

It was fun though. I got to press my drowning alarm for the first time in anger. (to bring the duty manager to pool side).
                                Wow, people are mean, yet funny at the same time

Comment

Working...
                                X