last person to reply WINS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool
    A galaxy in Stephan's Quintet is rushing headlong into a cluster of neighboring galaxies at more than one million mph and generating one of the largest shock waves scientists have ever seen.
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
      My bad.... I have only 13 wraith avatars

Comment

Not for me...

Not for me either.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
          You should go with Defiant or the one to the right of it. I don't recall seeing those being in use anywhere.
          I just noticed...ping files look SO much better than JPEG!!!

EDIT: Why did I quote?
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

You should go with Defiant or the one to the right of it. I don't recall seeing those being in use anywhere.
            I have. Vee used to have the one to the right of it (also Greg) and there's someone who has posted in the all wraith thunk thread with the other one. You should check that thread out rarocks.
            sigpic

Comment

I just noticed...ping files look SO much better than JPEG!!!
              Technobabble warning:
              Spoiler:

PNG, not Ping, though I suppose you could pronounce it if you really wanted to. And yes, They will look better because they are lossless compression (they don't drop bits of the data to increase compression). However, this also results in them being significantly larger than JPEG files of the same image.
              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I have, and have posted a couple of times in that thread...along with Wraiths Anonymous.

Comment

I knew that PNG files were a significantly larger type of file, I found that out when I uploaded it to my school FTP server.

But thanks for explaining why...I didn't know that aspect of it.

Comment

King Tut

Comment

Technobabble warning:
                      Spoiler:

PNG, not Ping, though I suppose you could pronounce it if you really wanted to. And yes, They will look better because they are lossless compression (they don't drop bits of the data to increase compression). However, this also results in them being significantly larger than JPEG files of the same image.
                      I find it's the opposite. A lot of my icons on LJ has to be PNG because as JPEG files they're too big to be uploaded but they lose a bit of quality when I change the format.
                      sigpic

Comment

Comment

I have, and have posted a couple of times in that thread...along with Wraiths Anonymous.
                          I've seen you in WA but not the other thread, probably because I was posting there at the time.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                            You really have lost your mind haven't you? Did you make both avatars youself?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                              I find it's the opposite. A lot of my icons on LJ has to be PNG because as JPEG files they're too big to be uploaded but they lose a bit of quality when I change the format.
                              Hmm, very odd. Normally PNG is used in circumstances similar to GIF, small color pallette and low resolution. I think maybe JPEG has issues in such situations, maybe.
                              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                                As a PNG file the image I uploaded was 158 KB, as a JPEG, it would be 56.6 KB.

Comment

Working...
                                X