last person to reply WINS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Weir
    I didn't know file extensions can have @ and ! symbols in it. That's odd because a file name can't as far as I can remember.
    Yeah the file name cant have any special characters.... i havent seen that extension before so thats why i was asking
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
      Howdy folks

Anyone know what a D@! file is?
      at the risk of this thread getting
      too serious
      let me just say that statement sounded kinky!
      ha ha ha!

sorry, couldn't resist
      WraithyPuff

Feel like slackin', read some fan fic.
      "It's actually safe to create a universe in your basement."
      Alan Guth, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, On M Theory

Comment

Originally posted by T'saria
        at the risk of this thread getting
        too serious
        let me just say that statement sounded kinky!
        ha ha ha!

sorry, couldn't resist
        hmmm, me, kinky?, never

Comment

it is also a symptom of many learning
          disabilities. but in some cases it is also
          just not being used to writing essays.
          they are their own breed.
          These are the only two essays of this type I've written in the past 5-6 years. So yes I definatly think so.

I also find the subject matter uninteresting, or maybe the subject interesting but the task it's self uninteresting.

I do though sometimes, when needing to think and then write, don't think of as much as when I just am thinking about something. It's weird, maybe it's the pressure of "I've got to write something down" that hinders me, when I'm just thinking I let my mind flow.
          srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

oh..and some people express themselves
            better in drawing versus writing..an example,am i making
            sense? ha! not every medium is right
            for every person. for instance i have
            a BFA degree so many people think that
            means i can't spell or write well. most visual
            arts can't, but that is not true.
            just an example
            well, I'd much rather draw a diagram, than put it in writing.
            srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

it is also a symptom of many learning
              disabilities. but in some cases it is also
              just not being used to writing essays.
              they are their own breed.
              It depends on the uni, when I went to my first uni it was so rubbish. We were never given any advice on essays and just had a bunch of them thrown as us just as we started. At my current uni that just doesn't happen. There were seminars assoicated with an essay and people have to had good marks to get into the course where in my old uni there were a lot of mature students who hadn't written an essay since school. What learning disabilities are you referring to? Dyslexia (what I have) is one but the term learning disabilities can be used in the wrong context with people who are just plain slow! That pisses me off, so does people who say they have dyslexia to cover up the fact that they were never bothered to learn to read and write properly!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                hmmm, me, kinky?, never
                It's hard for floating energy to be kinky. What would you do? Glow really hard?

Comment

Originally posted by srg
                  These are the only two essays of this type I've written in the past 5-6 years. So yes I definatly think so.

I also find the subject matter uninteresting, or maybe the subject interesting but the task it's self uninteresting.

I do though sometimes, when needing to think and then write, don't think of as much as when I just am thinking about something. It's weird, maybe it's the pressure of "I've got to write something down" that hinders me, when I'm just thinking I let my mind flow.
                  i do similiar thing. i have all sorts of ideas
                  and then when it comes to write. poof they're gone!
                  i agree the pressure to write something really
                  plays havoc. and the fact that you have to write
                  to please someone, ie the instructor, rather than
                  writing for yourself. i had to do that in history
                  courses all the time even though i disagreed with
                  the instructors point of view.
                  WraithyPuff

Comment

It depends on the uni, when I went to my first uni it was so rubbish. We were never given any advice on essays and just had a bunch of them thrown as us just as we started. At my current uni that just doesn't happen. There were seminars assoicated with an essay and people have to had good marks to get into the course where in my old uni there were a lot of mature students who hadn't written an essay since school. What learning disabilities are you referring to? Dyslexia (what I have) is one but the term learning disabilities can be used in the wrong context with people who are just plain slow! That pisses me off, so does people who say they have dyslexia to cover up the fact that they were never bothered to learn to read and write properly!!!
                    We had nothing on essay writing.
                    srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

oh..and some people express themselves
                      better in drawing versus writing..an example,am i making
                      sense? ha! not every medium is right
                      for every person. for instance i have
                      a BFA degree so many people think that
                      means i can't spell or write well. most visual
                      arts can't, but that is not true.
                      just an example
                      What is it in? That's so cool!!! How did you find it? Was it a lot of work because sometimes I fell like I'm going to have a nervous breakdown with my course, there's far too much work!
                      sigpic

Comment

i do similiar thing. i have all sorts of ideas
                        and then when it comes to write. poof they're gone!
                        i agree the pressure to write something really
                        plays havoc. and the fact that you have to write
                        to please someone, ie the instructor, rather than
                        writing for yourself.
                        you are spot on!
                        srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of issues did you have with reading and writing that were related to dyslexia?
                          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

What is it in? That's so cool!!! How did you find it? Was it a lot of work because sometimes I fell like I'm going to have a nervous breakdown with my course, there's far too much work!
                            My work is starting to pile on this term.
                            srg

Save Stargate SG-1!

Comment

oh yeah, coming back to school when you've been
                              out for a while really stinks! taking tests is even worse.
                              i was thinking of ADHD, and a few others that i am
                              aware of, but have no name that i am familiar with.
                              one is where you have the answer to a question, but
                              when you try to verbalize it you can't. this one has
                              something to do with the pathways between speech
                              and thought.
                              WraithyPuff

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                                It's hard for floating energy to be kinky. What would you do? Glow really hard?
                                Hello to you to Vee

Comment

Working...
                                X