last person to reply WINS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
    Nope. I don't even know what it is, other than something TV related.
    well, in theory its a motoring car testing show.

in fact, its one of the funniest shows on British TV - basically, its a load of pranks in fast cars!

Here's a taster ... hopefully these'll work (they're from Google video's, not the bbc)

Top Gear playing darts with cars: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ear&pr=goog-sl

Top Gear Richard Hammond gets hypnotized: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ichard+hammond
    I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Here's a longer (1/2 an hour), slightly more serious one:

The race to Verbier...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...p+gear+ferrari
      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Ever disgusted with the way people write in forums? Then read this comic
        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
        Caboose: They could be worse?
        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

As far as I know, in the US we have that show on Discovery Channel. Not sure when it comes on or if that ep is airing anytime soon, but I've seen it. It's quite odd...

Comment

*looks around at an empty thread*
            Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

*looks around at an empty thread*
              How many times have you posted on this thread?
              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
              Caboose: They could be worse?
              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Good news everyone. Investigators have safely determined that Dick Cheney's hunting incident was an accident. I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel so much better knowing he isn't the murderous mastermind I thought he was. His "victim," as the news anchor so aptly called him, is back in the hospital. But apparently he'll be okay.

Excuse me, I have to go bash my head into a brick wall and jump in front of a speeding train now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vee
                  Good news everyone. Investigators have safely determined that Dick Cheney's hunting incident was an accident. I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel so much better knowing he isn't the murderous mastermind I thought he was. His "victim," as the news anchor so aptly called him, is back in the hospital. But apparently he'll be okay.

Excuse me, I have to go bash my head into a brick wall and jump in front of a speeding train now.
                  Investigators were lead by Police Captian Obvious and Detective Duh.

*goes to kick himself for bad humor*
                  Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Exiled Master
                    How many times have you posted on this thread?
                    Many.
                    Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Investigators were lead by Police Captian Obvious and Detective Duh.

*goes to kick himself for bad humor*
                      Nice!
                      sigpic
                      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueeG-1
                        Nice!
                        On the bright side, we get a new euphamism.

Any politician that falls out of favor with the current administration "goes on a hunting trip with Cheney".
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

On the bright side, we get a new euphamism.

Any politician that falls out of favor with the current administration "goes on a hunting trip with Cheney".
                          True. Not to mention the new "big shot lawyer" jokes.
                          sigpic

Comment

True. Not to mention the new "big shot lawyer" jokes.
                            I suppose therein lies the great novelty of it. Not only did the Vice President shoot someone, he shot a lawyer.
                            Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

I suppose therein lies the great novelty of it. Not only did the Vice President shoot someone, he shot a lawyer.
                              Apparently.

So was the guy not wearing hunter's orange? Or is Cheney just a poor shot? I try to avoid watching the "news".
                              sigpic

Comment

Apparently.

So was the guy not wearing hunter's orange? Or is Cheney just a poor shot? I try to avoid watching the "news".
                                I don't remember now. I pretty much forgot it after I read it, considering it's pretty much a non-event in the grand scheme of things. I remember he broke off from the group and didn't quite signal them he was rejoining them. Cheney thought he was shooting at a quail, and instead shot the guy in the face.
                                Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

Working...
                                X